• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Specials: What to keep vs space

DeletedUser26354

Hello fellow forgers.

I am fairly new to the game (LMA to CA) and am reaching a point where I need to remove some special buildings for space. From a long-term view, which of the following are going to serve my better and which are just taking up space. In other words, rank the following:

My best guess
1. Caravansary
2. Oasis
3. Ziggurat
4. Bazzaar
5. Tiger Den

DeletedUser9433

Zig can go, as you age they become much less useful, only exception would be if you are really short of happiness and population.
Caranansary, have many of them, don't believe I ever built one.
Oasis, I like this building and keep one on hand without using a reno kit for a constant supply of older goods and coins as a bonus.
Bazaar, just use them in the cities where I am short of SoK's, only use it for the 2 daily FP's
Tiger Den, tough call, I enjoy the defensive bonus and the happiness per square isn't bad.

In summary it always depends on your personal goals as all of the above can be replaced by other conventional buildings. Just realized I do have a Caravansary in my youngest city and I must like it because it's still there lol

Algona

That is a great question! I have no clue how to answer it. Jenny is a very good player, I would pay very close attention to her advice.

I guess I would look at the buildings and ask myself, "Self, can any of these buildings be replaced with a normal building that I will soon have access to? Or is there a special building or GB I can get that is a better replacement?"

I'm looking forward to other player's answers to your question.

DeletedUser9184

Ziggurat actually does give a very high pop/space + the happiness provides makes it even more beneficial to counter the pop increase. Long-term-wise however, I'd stick with Bazaar for the same reasons mentioned in the earlier replies. A further analysis on each building (used by taking Colonial-Age buildings for each output of the building):
LMA Caravansary (20 spaces) = 6.72 CA spaces (definitely not worth it!)
Population: (See Coins)
Coins: LMA Caravansary produces 1850 coins. A Motivated Gambrel Roof House produces 1350*2 = 2700 coins, and since it uses 4 spaces, we only need 4*1850/2700= 2.74 spaces for coins. Also note that 2.74 spaces of the house also provides (259*1850/2700) 177.46 population, which is way more than the Caravansary already provides
Medals: I usually don't compare a special building with other special buildings, but since Victory Towers are pretty cheap at the moment: A motivated LMA Caravansary produces 22 medals which is the same as 1.22 Victory Towers (1.22 spaces)
Goods: 5 LMA goods = 2.5 CA goods = 2.5/20 of a 1-day production of a CA goods building = [11 spaces for the building (just took the average space of all 5) + 720/259*4= 11.12 spaces for the population for the Goods Building]*2.5/20 = 2.76 spaces

Now adding up all the spaces will get us 2.74+1.22+2.76= 6.72 spaces. Technically it may be a little bit more when factoring in happiness and roads, but I doubt it's going to bring it above even 9 spaces
LMA Oasis (15 spaces) = 6.54 CA spaces (not worth it)
Population: (See Coins)
Coins: LMA Oasis produces 2550 coins. A Motivated Gambrel Roof House produces 1350*2 = 2700 coins, and since it uses 4 spaces, we only need 4*2550/2700= 3.78 spaces for coins. Also note that 3.78 spaces of the house also provides (259*2550/2700) 244.61 population, which is more than the Oasis provides
Goods: 5 LMA goods = 2.5 CA goods = 2.5/20 of a 1-day production of a CA goods building = [11 spaces for the building (just took the average space of all 5) + 720/259*4= 11.12 spaces for the population for the Goods Building]*2.5/20 = 2.76 spaces

Now adding up all the spaces will get us 3.78+2.76= 6.54 spaces. Technically, it may be a little bit more when factoring in happiness and roads, but again, I doubt it's going to bring it above even 9 spaces
LMA Tigers' Den (9 spaces) = 11.25 CA spaces (not bad)
Happiness: Using a trading company, 750 happiness takes (750/900)x(4x3) 10 spaces
Defense: Sorry, don't have a good comparison here without using Watchfires (which would cost 1.25 space), so it's your choice here how much you need the %

Now adding up all the spaces will get us 10+1.25= 11.25 spaces. Technically, it's a bit off since I'm not factoring roads, but it wouldn't change it too much, so it's definitely not bad.
LMA Ziggurat (9 spaces) = 12.95 CA spaces (better than not bad)
Happiness: 450 happiness = (450/900)x(4x3) 6 spaces
Population: 450 population = 450/259x4= 6.95 spaces
Coins: This can vary alot mattering on how often you collect, how many St. Marks boost effect this, and how often it's motivated, but I think the amount of Gambrel spaces needed for the population will overtake the coins normally.

Now adding up all the spaces will get us 6+6.95= 12.95 spaces. Technically, it's a bit off since I'm not factoring roads, but it wouldn't change it too much, so it's great if you're looking for population.
LMA Bazaar = Keep it!
No long analysis here. Forge Points are a very useful resource in all ages, and the lower-age Bazaar means that it costs less population = less space needed for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Czari

My favorite of the ones listed is the Bazaar - LOVE it for the daily FPs but I also use it in quests, especially in the "Produce 1 of each type of good." I have three of them in one city, one in another and hope to get some for the other worlds. Second favorite is Caravansary - also have multiples. I have the Oasis and Tiger's Den in my main cities; of those two, if you are good on defense and happiness I would remove the Tiger's Den of those two. I removed the Ziggurats from my cities.

DeletedUser10415

1. Caravansary
2. Oasis
3. Ziggurat
4. Bazzaar
5. Tiger Den

I like Caravansaries a lot. Goods, medals and coins, and they're always motivated as special buildings get aid priority. I've got 5 of them in my main city and 1 or 2 in most of my secondary cities, so I'm with you on that one. Oasis also due to it's goods production. You can trade for the goods you need, but I prefer having the goods I need already, so anything that produces goods that I don't have to concern myself with it getting plundered is a winner in my view.

Ziggurat goes right off the list, making it the prime candidate for deletion. They become obsolete rather quickly and I can think of many other buildings I'd rather use a reno kit on.

Bazaars are useful for players who collect on time. Otherwise they're a real plunder magnet.

Tiger Dens are much bigger than watchfires and I just don't often find myself suffering in the happiness department so again I agree with the OP.

So my list, in order of what I'd consider the most valuable for my play-style:
1. Caravansary
2. Oasis
3. Bazaar
4. Tiger Den

Ziggurat : Demolished.