• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2021 questions and non feedback comments

Agent327

Use this thread for questions you have about the event and/or any other comments you have about the event that are not feedback. instance.

FriarTuck

I started FOE a little more than a year ago. The Cherry Blossom Event was my first and I really didn't know that events were important. I did manage to get a level 2 bridge for each of my two cities. Anyway on the last three events I gave it my all--which was never quite enough to get the top level. So, any hints or suggestions for this one?

Ironrooster

Some hints and you may already know these.
Check your city daily for incidents that give you extra lanterns - in past events most were a small number, but occasionally some were larger. In the St Patrick's day event one of mine was for 500 pots of gold.
Each day, gather the daily freebee lanterns that appear as a quest.
Try to complete all the other event quests to get the level 1 building and 2 upgrades.
This event appears similar to the Forge Bowl - except you use lanterns to buy origami animals that jump your frog across the pond instead of footballs to buy players that advance your team to the end zone. As each animal has different costs and moves your frog different distances you need to divide the cost by the distance and pick the animal that has the least cost for the distance. This will maximize your number of trips across the pond for grand prizes of which some number will be upgrades to the Suishun Mill.

Starting at level 5 of the Suishun Mill you get all the benefit types the building offers. Levels 6-9 increase the benefit amounts. So even if you don't quite get to level 9, you still have a useful building.

Last edited by a moderator:

FriarTuck

Thank you for the help. As I remember from last time I could choose a bad which gave me something I wanted or one that advanced me the most. I always went for the one I wanted--I now think that was a mistake.

FriarTuck

So what's in the package in my inventory? I'm about to go to bed but when I awake the event will be on. Should I open it right away or wait?

Johnny B. Goode

So what's in the package in my inventory? I'm about to go to bed but when I awake the event will be on. Should I open it right away or wait?
There is a Suishun Mill selection kit, goods and a Store Building item. I would advise waiting to open it until you are on the 7th quest, as it asks you to collect goods, and if you are in a lower age opening the Event Surprise Box will provide enough goods for that quest. I don't know yet if the quest requires more goods at higher ages.

EDIT: I can now confirm that the Event Surprise Box contains 50 goods at every age level, and that quest #7 asks for 40 goods in Iron Age, but 200 goods in SAM.

Last edited:

FriarTuck

I notice that the middle animal often (no t always) has a slightly better chance of returning a bridge upgrade. However, progress will be greater if you pick the third animal. At the moment, I'm going with the best chance of getting a bridge upgrade. Am I defeating myself?

RazorbackPirate

I notice that the middle animal often (no t always) has a slightly better chance of returning a bridge upgrade. However, progress will be greater if you pick the third animal. At the moment, I'm going with the best chance of getting a bridge upgrade. Am I defeating myself?
If your goal is to get a full Mill, you may be.

As a free player, I've always found that choosing the most efficient animal for distance has always let me get the full main prize. By contrast, we hear many folks at the end of the event comment they were a few jumps short of the final upgrade because they chose animals based on their prizes, or % at the daily special. Even with the Surprise box, the event seems to be balanced to need the box plus efficient jumps.

Personally, I'm not going to mess with my winning formula. The surprise box and its effect on the balancing are too new to risk it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:

Lord Pest

Decide which daily special(s) you are interested in and save your ammo for when they become the daily special. I’m waiting on the sentinel outposts to come up... the pagoda is also good. The other daily specials I have no interest in. I’m currently in the hobby league with 0 jumps.

Amdew

I find it somewhat annoying that the event makes you wait 24 hour before you can play again. I seem to remember that we use to be able to play a bonus round if we finished before the time expired. What happened?

RazorbackPirate

Nothing happened, your memory is wrong. It has always been this way. X amount of rush quests, 1 daily quest for each day of the event.

Agent327

Nothing happened, your memory is wrong. It has always been this way. X amount of rush quests, 1 daily quest for each day of the event.

Actually your memory is wrong. The current way with a rush questline and a daily questline was introduced with the 2018 Forge Bowl.

RazorbackPirate

Actually your memory is wrong. The current way with a rush questline and a daily questline was introduced with the 2018 Forge Bowl.
When I started playing. So for me, it's same as it ever was. I stand corrected.

It's taken 3+ years for the OP to notice the change?

Faunas

Why would you have complete the first level of difficulty in the Guild expedition on a day you closed it. I was up to level 3 but you closed it and it did not register poor planning on your part shame on you.

Korgull

Yeah, was wondering the same thing myself! Nice botch guys! Maybe you should start using a little invention called CALENDAR!

RazorbackPirate

Why would you have complete the first level of difficulty in the Guild expedition on a day you closed it. I was up to level 3 but you closed it and it did not register poor planning on your part shame on you.
Seems like a possible bug to me. I had completed all 4 levels and it Auto-completed for me. Seems it should have for anyone who completed level 1.

I'd contact support, but worst case, there's always tomorrow.

Kranyar the Mysterious

GE was open for several hours after the quest started, so if you were at level 3 it should have autocompleted. Mine did, but I checked it during the time while GE was still open. Sounds like a bug to me too, since it should have taken into account the conditions when the quest became active, not when you checked it.

Graviton

... it should have taken into account the conditions when the quest became active, not when you checked it.

I don't think it works that way. The only time I've seen a quest complete for something I did before I opened the quest for the first time is making my population enthusiastic, but that's because they're always enthusiastic. I also opened my Monday quest after GE had reset, so mine didn't autocomplete either.