• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2021 questions and non feedback comments

RazorbackPirate

I disagree. It is not 3 alternatives, as you posted them. That actually is exactly where I see a point of bad balance.
It is:
Play for the slight advantage in Daily special vs
Play for Full Upgrade + the best Prizes along the way

Gold figures just give too lucrative prizes to go alone with the longest jump. Is 50% for attack boosts or fp packs are so much worse than 25% for Daily prizes? Moreover, for Gold, you miss the best ones, you still get something good. You miss Daily in White/Brown -- and you get a worthless junk.
And that is where you made your choice. You chose to go for the best prizes regardless the cost per lantern for the jump. You got exactly what you played for, the best prizes. As I said, plating for the best prizes is one of the two choices that means you'll fall shorth of the full prize.

I know you want it to be another way. I know you think it should be another way. but it's not. It never has been. You have 3 choices, not 2. Only one leads to a full prize. Now it's up to you. Play for the full prize or don't. Just accept the results of your choice.

DevaCat

You can lead them to water...

Four cities, four fully leveled Mills, all finished in Bronze league without spending diamonds. * I used the same method I used the last two times in this event, nothing about that has changed. My primary goal is a fully leveled Event Building, my secondary is to score daily specials of interest without blowing my primary goal. As for prizes a given animal might provide, I don’t care - I certainly don’t chase them.

To meet the primary goal I used the animal most efficient in terms of distance moved per lanterns spent, and that is often not the gold one - the swan, elephant and raccoon were better options if they appeared as a choice. There is a wiki table which shows this. To try for a daily special (in my case the SO and it’s upgrade) I had to save lanterns until it appeared and then not deviate from selecting the animal most efficient in terms of distance covered. I managed to get some of each but this is highly dependent on the RNGodz and they weren’t particularly generous.

* I did spend a few diamonds in one city to get to shore and grab one last Mill upgrade I needed. This was necessary because in that city I deviated from selecting the most distance-efficient animal and instead chose one a few times on the basis of it having a higher % chance at the daily special (SO upgrade). I knew as I was doing it that is was an error, but hope springs eternal. The RNG brought me back to earth!

As @RazorbackPirate noted the margin for error (for free play) is tight. I sense that this season it was tighter than before but I have no data to support that. Similarly I think the RNG and amount of incidents were less generous. I also dislike having to now rely on a previous event’s surprise box for an upgrade.

sorry for length :)

Graviton

Gold leads to both the full upgrade and best prizes on each jump.

The most efficient animal, meaning the fewest lanterns spent per distance travelled, was usually the silver. Occasionally no silver animal appeared and so the gold one was the most efficient. But if you went for gold every time you would not get all the upgrades w/o diamonds.

RazorbackPirate

As @RazorbackPirate noted the margin for error (for free play) is tight. I sense that this season it was tighter than before but I have no data to support that. Similarly I think the RNG and amount of incidents were less generous. I also dislike having to now rely on a previous event’s surprise box for an upgrade.
This may be why you feel the RNG was less generous this time around. Quoted from the official feedback thread.
Where this change has a measurable effect is the number of side prizes and daily specials earned through the event. By giving a needed upgrade up front, there's two less pond jumps we had to complete, missing out on all the extra goodies that come along with that. I'd been feeling that the number of daily specials I got through the event were a bit light, this is why. While the RNG may have had a compounding effect, 30 less jumps means 30 less chances, 30 less chances means less daily specials. The days of getting a second fully upgraded building from a previous year's event may be over. Want a level 10 this or that? Sorry. The stats say you'll get 8 kits max, nine if you're lucky.

I do agree overall this is a scummy move. It forces participation to the benefit of Inno, not the player, at the same time taking away prizes from players who have exhibited the behavior this move appears to foster. No way to spin this other than a nerf of Events.
It was not your imagination. Events have been nerfed.