• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Marks question

• Thread starter DeletedUser29623
  • Start date

DeletedUser29623

I’m not clear on when, exactly, the boost to coin production is applied: on production or on collection. In other words, let’s say I have a building that has finished its coin production but I haven’t collected from it yet, and the StM has already boosted 90 buildings that day. If, before I collect from the coin-producing building, I also collect goods from the StM, thereby resetting the counter on the first 90 collections, will the amount I collect from the coin-producing building be higher?

blueskydwg

Follow up question - and I think I already know the answer.
Once you have St Marks, it looks like the best use is to get rid of all of your 1 hour houses and convert to 8 hour.
True? Or am I missing some nuance?

wolfhoundtoo

Since the Marks boosts your collections (but has a relatively limited amount of collections you can do it for) generally speaking longer term houses is the way to go because there is a larger amount of coins to be boosted. Since i'm not looking at your city I can't say for sure but yes dumping your 1 hour houses is almost always beneficial for you.

Algona

Follow up question - and I think I already know the answer.
Once you have St Marks, it looks like the best use is to get rid of all of your 1 hour houses and convert to 8 hour.
True? Or am I missing some nuance?

You have it right; switch to longer housing cycles. Second advantage to convert to longer housing cycles: More of your housing will be motivated when you collect.

DeletedUser31592

You have it right; switch to longer housing cycles. Second advantage to convert to longer housing cycles: More of your housing will be motivated when you collect.
And you might have a life outside of FOE since you no longer need to collect hourly, lol.