• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2023 Feedback

UBERhelp1

Just posted by the CM on the Beta Fourm:

• Lastly, we have also removed the 50 Fragments of the Archdruid Hut Upgrade Kit from the Celtic Chests (after each town), as well as the Druid Tree Selection Kit and replaced it with a low chance for the Tree of Vitality and a higher chance for the Tree of Patience.
Well, I guess they are actively trying to kill the game.

xivarmy

The cost for getting one more building is just to much, I feel there needs to be something in-between.
I have been cutting back because it seems there are only two choices spend a bunch or dont spend at all. I either spend a bunch to get a second building or go the FTP route.
It depends on the event. Some events are very expensive to get an extra building. Some are more economical (if you also play them well).

And yes ultimately you will reach a point where it no longer makes sense to spend every event because you have a city full of stuff you like well enough to not pay as much as it'd cost to replace it.

Incidentally the cost on a 2nd building for St Pat's isn't too high - but it may involve more work as well.

UBERhelp1

You got your wish that it's no longer luck based :p Waiting time based on tasks completed alone.
Honestly though now I'm less incentivized to try and play more towns. Just lock in the level 9 building and 50 fragments from 300 tasks and call it a day. Whereas I might have spent some diamonds to try and see if the next set of boxes had more fragments, now I know that it's only task based, so why should I grind for hours to just wait 100 days anyways?

xivarmy

Honestly though now I'm less incentivized to try and play more towns. Just lock in the level 9 building and 50 fragments from 300 tasks and call it a day. Whereas I might have spent some diamonds to try and see if the next set of boxes had more fragments, now I know that it's only task based, so why should I grind for hours to just wait 100 days anyways?
10 cities for 300 tasks isn't that much of a grind. it's still pretty lazy. and cutting off 50 days sounds like a good motivator to me when going for a single building.

But I do agree that it cutoff some of the incentive to try hard. I'm unsure whether or not it's changed my plans to pay diamonds to go for extra hut(s) possibly.

xivarmy

I never played this event before so please tell me how much will it cost to get the final level.
Either

1) the cost of the pass : (US$ 15 ; C$ 21 i think). You'll also get some amount of the shiny special tree. And other unknown prizes because they did overhaul the pass since beta.

2) Or a ton of work with a precisely crafted strategy for 3 weeks.

3) Or up to 150 days once you finish the first 9 levels. Level 9 makes 1/150 fragments a day of the kit to get to level 10. This could be cut down some with blue galaxy or doing some of the work from 2 (300, 450, and 600 tasks each give 50 fragments. A clear of a city can be a bit more than 30 tasks)

Johnny B. Goode

I already said that I wouldn't be here either if the F2P weren't here. I was saying that if there was no advantage to spending money over F2P why would I ? That is simple supply and demand , you have to supply something that people want to buy or they won't.
Spending money has always given an advantage of F2P...time. But in the post I was responding to, you were talking about getting something (taken to mean a tangible game resource/building/unit) by spending money that the F2P players could not get. Make up your mind. Because I'm okay as long as time is the only thing you really get with spending money. When it gets you something I can never get by being F2P, then I am out of here.

Xenosaur

I like this event in general, BUT I don't like making players pay real money for the final level of the Grand Prize

Welcome to the new way to do events. Beta player have to pay for the PREMIUM TRACK if they wanted it, as well as live game players. Go figure.

But let me correct your assumption. You don't have to pay anything to get all the levels. No cash, no diamonds. You have to be smart and focus. This event is a wee bit harder (meaning more time invested and goal achievement) than previous years, so you'll have to babysit it a bit more, too. the final ARCH upgrade WILL cost time to accrue, if that's what you want to do.

But many of us in beta got the prize without spending anything - cash or diamonds.

There are mutiple ways to play this event - DO NOT GET DISTRACTED. Pick a method and stick with it.

As they say in GHOSTBUSTERS - DO NOT CROSS THE STREAMS.

Make sure you know that in one method of playing (opening all the chests for a upgrade kit), Inno added a OPEN ALL 6 discount - DO NOT forget to use it - it will make it easier to win the entire building.

Last edited:
Either

1) the cost of the pass : (US$ 15 ; C$ 21 i think). You'll also get some amount of the shiny special tree. And other unknown prizes because they did overhaul the pass since beta.

2) Or a ton of work with a precisely crafted strategy for 3 weeks.

3) Or up to 150 days once you finish the first 9 levels. Level 9 makes 1/150 fragments a day of the kit to get to level 10. This could be cut down some with blue galaxy or doing some of the work from 2 (300, 450, and 600 tasks each give 50 fragments. A clear of a city can be a bit more than 30 tasks)
thanks

CDmark

Looking at the stats, ME L9 12A/16D/7FP vs Hero Tavern 16A/21D/11FP vs Mountain Reserve (normalized for 20 tiles) 16.7A/19.2D/8.3FP
So, putting it in, less stats, but, when Arch Druid (150 days, less with BG)
Arch 16A/21D/12FP, so like my HT with Tree of Vitality fragments over time. It isn't a huge sacrifice having it in the city to get Arch fragments. This is how I am looking at it.

Angry.Blanket

Spending money has always given an advantage of F2P...time. But in the post I was responding to, you were talking about getting something (taken to mean a tangible game resource/building/unit) by spending money that the F2P players could not get. Make up your mind. Because I'm okay as long as time is the only thing you really get with spending money. When it gets you something I can never get by being F2P, then I am out of here.
Time is not worth spending money on, nothing gained. other wise you would spend money on it.
I takes the same amount of time for me to get the free building as it does you why would I pay for it?
If that were the only gain very few would spend and I know I absoletely wouldnt spend a dime.

xivarmy

It is only time Blanket. Look at your city and you will not find one building that a F2P can't have. Money greases the rails and that's it. I have 8 chocos and that would take me about 4 years to get them without spending diamonds but I would get them eventually.
Historically yes. But there have already been a few low-impact premium-only buildings so far in the pass(low-impact primarily because you can't get that many of them even if you do spend ; and they're generally rather small - so most of your city will be made of "regular people" buildings). Flower Maidens (which isn't even that good), Donkey Enclosure (oh it's only goods and almost as good as sentinels for defense), Tree of Silence (this event, Attack & FP), and another one planned for next event that i think might be a step too far.

Dursland

I know a certain #1 player who once said he spent enough on the game to buy a new car.

People say all the time it's players like those that keep the game going but I think Inno is going to find out they won't mean squat when the F2P players all leave over things like this and there's nobody left to play with, then they leave too.

I'm starting to believe they do view FoE as end-of-life now and are just trying to squeeze money out of it before it shuts down. That's why everything is upscaling so dramatically. Next event's building boosts are sky high, over 2% boost per tile!

Angry.Blanket

Has this conversation strayed away from the intended topic. I see a bit of a conundrum, Paying players want more for their money, free players insist on more free stuff. More F2P players join the game means more overhead which means they need to entice the P2P players to spend more to help pay the bills, which makes the F2P players mad.

Angry.Blanket

I am a very well paying player and I do not want more for my money. I want Inno to take better care of the F2P players because at the end of the day they attract everyone else to the game.
And I am a very well paying player and I will quit spending if I don't see a value that interests me. And when we consider that spending any substantial amount on this game is questionable behavior, it wont take much to push the P2P player away either.

UBERhelp1

It's all about a balance, and ultimately it comes down to making your monetization well thought out and balanced. Instead of making events harder to make you buy the event pass, give the event pass value to make it actually worthwhile. Instead of adding mobile ads into spaces that were previously ad free (looking at the quests and tavern page that it opens to), make more spots like the incidents: for an extra attempt in negotiations, or maybe to get an extra attempt in GE or the PvP Arena (with a cap so it isn't just a free attempt), or even to heal units.

In the way that the game is currently being monetized, it looks like both types of player are not enjoying the changes. Paying players want more value, and free players don't like the game being monetized extensively where it wasn't before.

CDmark

ok, strategies for event? I read 10 cities earlier, looks like L3 from quests and 275 tasks to get L9.

xivarmy

ok, strategies for event? I read 10 cities earlier, looks like L3 from quests and 275 tasks to get L9.
3 Main strategies to consider:

1) Minimum effort:
- short run 1 for 18 tasks. Buy full set of chests for 1400.
- full run 2,3,4 for ~30, ~32, ~33 task complete cities. Buy full set of chests after each for 1400 x 3.
- short run 5 for ~12 tasks to 125 total.
- easily completed by the 45 quest milestone giving you half the event off.

2) 300 tasks to save 50 days:
- short run 1 for 18 tasks. cheap/free chests only
- full run 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 for (30, 32, 33)x3 tasks. cheap/free chests only
- about 2 days per run is relatively comfortable with long breaks for work & sleep.
- ends on 300 tasks to get 50 fragments of the golden upgrade so it's only 100 days of waiting to get the full building.
- optionally you can buy full sets of chests after 9 of the runs to get 2 level 9s instead. This is estimated to cost ~6k diamonds with minimum managers to reach those task counts for the runs
- if not buying full sets of chests, you have ~5500 spare pots of gold with minimum managers to shop for what you want for from chests or to buy "extra" manager levels you "want".

3) High-Intensity to 625 tasks:
- will get you one archdruid hut (for free) completed by end of event
- will require you having fairly strict timers running for when you're going to need to get back on and paying very close attention to managers used for each run. You only have ~2 days worth of spare time over the full 21 days!
- short run 1 for 18 tasks.
- full run 2-20 for (30,32,33)x6 + an extra 30 tasks
- short run 21 for ~7 extra tasks to hit 625.
- will have ~16 levels for free with minimum managers. can buy full sets of chests after 2 of the runs for ~3k diamonds worth of pots to finish your 2nd. And 9 or 18 more full sets of chests for a 3rd/4th level 9 at ~11k diamonds each.

There is a step between 2 and 3 where you play a lot like 3 but give up a few more hours here and there to real life and can probably hit 450 tasks for 100 of the 150 fragments needed to finish a golden upgrade and 50 days of waiting to finish it off.