• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2023 Feedback

stymie of Suwannee

Still waiting over 3 hours now for them to reply to my latest (third) message.

They are trying to tell me the newsletter is a "bonus offer" and that they are not capable of adding event currency to my account.

Totally bogus on both counts and I'm not letting them get away with it without my currency, or a satisfactory answer as to why I don't have it.

That's because the first chest is free. Once you open it, you'll see the discount.
Haven’t received mine either, or in junk. I‘ll complain after everyone else has and nothing’s resolved.

stymie of Suwannee

Just dropped this on the guild. Enjoy.
St Patties Event tips:
There’s several strategies out there to look up, depending on the volume of work and levels of “investment”. Of course, mine path is intensive at times, but spaced over time.
1. Budget your pots and your time. We’re looking at 11200 pots over 21 days and 10 plus cities are the goal for full building plus. I’m approximating low on the timeframes and aiming for a one and a half to two day rotations for each city. And a full set of managers just cost me 1000 pots (may vary?), but provides enough for 11 cities’ managers.
2. Get as many tasks from those pots as possible, within reason. If last year’s stats stand, 1 of the three repeating sets of tasks is not too tough to get all 38, given patience over 1.5-1.75 days. The other two sets, the last task is potentially impossible, like today’s “lvl 75 fireworks”. It looks optimistic with me having 24 hours-ish to complete, but I thought the same last year and abandoned it in proper time. The second to last quests can be done, but needs start early (“add 250 levels to buildings”). If it starts with plenty for you to add, cheaply, it can be done. But if all the buildings are already expensive and it starts, won’t get done in time.
3. When you hit 1.5 days, you should be able to guesstimate if you can finish the final tasks. If you’re not close, close that city. The more time you save, the more flexibility you have when you start your cities. Start your city when you have an hour plus of intensive setup, followed by a few shorter maintenance visits in 30 minutes for a little while. I was setup by work time and pressure washed all day, no one noticed the few pauses needed.
4. Fine tune your pattern and repeat. By the time we get to the last couple days, you can break the pattern, hopefully having a little extra pots to go for bonus stuff.

Good Luck

jonalavi

I really love this event , BUT I don't like were you are going in the last couple event by having players pay real money for the event pass with no other option

Dursland

Indeed, it is sad. Let's hope it doesn't become a trend.

However, faults aside, I have to say this is one of the most rewarding events to spend diamonds on - if not the most rewarding. You simply click the + icon, buy pots of gold, open chests and get exactly what you expected to get.

I'm up 2 mountain reserve kits so far, hoping to end up with 2 Eagle Mountains.

dawnsshadow

I have checked and I haven't received the 500 pots bonus. How do I get it? I remember getting a bonus for other events but not this one

Dursland

I have checked and I haven't received the 500 pots bonus. How do I get it? I remember getting a bonus for other events but not this one
Normally they are sent out via a newsletter in your email but seems this year they have made it random - some players get it, some players don't.

I didn't get mine either and support said there was nothing they could do.

Emberguard

I got my newsletter currency and, after accepting it, I was at exactly 500 gold pots. I didn't think I had run my stock down to exactly zero but I guess I did.
Please put a ticket in and ask support to check if the pots were successfully activated from your link. If you’re certain you weren’t at zero before then it’s worth getting Support to double check

Dursland

Please put a ticket in and ask support to check if the pots were successfully activated from your link. If you’re certain you weren’t at zero before then it’s worth getting Support to double check
Definitely. They might not be able to give it to people who aren't getting the newsletter but they certainly can add event currency to accounts, despite the way they make it sound now.

My only complaint is the pay prizes. Aside from the Archdruid kit, it pretty much blows. They should have the chest selection kits there to make it worthwhile. I don't mind spending money, but I'll spend them on chests and wait on the Archdruid upgrade with fragments to hopefully score a Mountain Reserve...

Dursland

My only complaint is the pay prizes. Aside from the Archdruid kit, it pretty much blows. They should have the chest selection kits there to make it worthwhile. I don't mind spending money, but I'll spend them on chests and wait on the Archdruid upgrade with fragments to hopefully score a Mountain Reserve...
They are kind of underwhelming but there's a one up kit, reno kit, some fps, finish all special, and a mt reserve kit. Decent but definitely wouldn't have enticed me to pay $15 if not for the golden upgrade.

There's also a couple epic selection kits if you're interested in any of those buildings. Personally I'm just waiting for them to make it all sell-able in the AD. Got some trees, some selection kits, etc - and they don't show up in AD. Even older ones like druid selection kit. It's strange, they need to do a big update here with the AD.

Dursland

I watched mooingcat's 3 "improved versions" videos and wrote down the exact steps needed for each town. Here is the list if anyone's interested.

TOWN ONE --------------------------------

unlock hats
hats manager lv 3
festival manager lv 3
shipyard manager lv2

hats to lv 25

festival to lv 10
shipyard to lv 10

unlock flowers
flowers manager to lv 2
flowers to lv 5

festival and shipyard to lv 25

flowers to lv 25

festival and shipyard to lv 50

hats to lv 50

unlock cake
cake manager lv 1
cake to lv 5

flowers to lv 50

shipyard and festival to lv 100

cake to lv 30

hats to lv 100

shipyard and festival to lv 150

unlock drinks
drinks manager lv 2
drinks to lv 7

cake to lv 50

flowers to lv 100

shipyard to lv 173
festival to lv 175

shipyard and festival to lv 200

drinks to lv 25

unlock fireworks
fireworks manager lv 2
fireworks to lv 6
drinks to lv 50

shipyard and festival to 250

cake to lv 100

fireworks to lv 25

shipyard to lv 295
festival to lv 295

produce 10B flowers

shipyard to lv 298
festival to lv 300
shipyard to lv 300

fireworks to lv 50
hats to lv 200
flowers till upgrade task complete

TOWN TWO --------------------------------

unlock hats
hats manager lv1
festival manager lv 3
shipyard manager lv 3

hats to lv 25

shipyard and festival to lv 10

unlock flowers
flowers manager lv 3
flowers to lv 5

shipyard and festival to lv 25

flowers to lv 25

shipyard and festival to lv 50

hats to lv 50

unlock cake
cake manager lv 1
cake to lv 5

cake to lv 31
flowers to lv 50
hats to lv 100

shipyard and festival to lv 150

unlock drinks
drinks manager lv 2
drinks to lv 9

shipyard to lv 189
festival to lv 200
shipyard to lv 200

unlock fireworks
fireworks manager lv 2
drinks to lv 25
flowers to lv 100

fireworks to lv 14

shipyard to lv 235
festival to lv 250
shipyard to lv 250

fireworks to lv 32
cake to lv 100
hats to lv 200

festival to lv 265
shipyard to lv 288
festival to lv 270

festival to lv 300
shipyard to lv 300

fireworks to lv 50
drinks to lv 55
cake to lv 106
flowers to lv 154

TOWN THREE ---------------------------------

unlock hats
hats manager to lv 1
festival manager to lv 3
shipyard manager to lv 3

hats to lv 25

shipyard and festival to lv 10

unlock flowers
flowers manager to lv 2
flowers to lv 5

shipyard and festival to lv 25

flowers to lv 25

shipyard and festival to lv 50

hats to lv 50

unlock cake
cake manager to lv 2
cakes to lv 5

cakes to lv 29
hats to lv 100

festival to lv 150
shipyard to lv 150

unlock drinks
drinks manager to lv 1
drinks to lv 10

cake to lv 50
flowers to lv 100

shipyard to lv 181
festival to lv 200
shipyard to lv 200

unlock fireworks
fireworks manager to lv 2

drinks to lv 25
fireworks to lv 15

festival to lv 210
shipyard to lv 228
festival to lv 250 (make sure you are collecting tasks - one gets unlocked after collecting flowers before/during you get festival to 250)
shipyard to lv 250

fireworks to lv 28
drinks to lv 50
flowers to lv 150

shipyard to lv 288 (collect shipyard transport task asap to start final upgrade task - you want the "upgrade buildings 150 times" to appear before shipyard is lv 260)
festival to lv 300
shipyard to lv 300

fireworks to lv 50
cake to lv 100
hats to lv 200

Rinnegan

I put in a ticket for this and they gave me the same response about how some people can get the email and others not (even though I’ve gotten an event email for every event for like the last 2 years). They also told me they couldn’t manually give me the free pots offer.

If this is a change, which it appears to be, it’s a really poor customer experience to not communicate the change and explain why it’s happening. Even after the fact, support is unwilling to explain why.

xivarmy

I think I found the fastest way to clear the cities if you spend on the game. This gets you to collecting the 8.4 the fastest I have seen and then you walk it through with the 8 hour diamond time advance and move on to the next one. Fireworks are raised to level 10 and 2nd manager View attachment 20039
I suppose it depends just how much you want to spend. Rushing cities has got to be one of the least efficient uses of extra pots of gold. Behind doing more cities by activity (including using higher managers possibly), and buying 3 full sets of chests at the end of a city. But at some point it probably makes sense :)

You probably shouldn't use an 8hr rush before you hit 250/250/30 (fireworks). as that shouldn't take longer than 2 hours (even without super-expensive managers) and the amount you get from the rush will improve dramatically with each breakpoint you pass). Maybe a single 2 hour rush from 200/200/16 to get there (it shouldn't take longer than an hour to hit 200/200/16).

If your observation was not to take the lower factories higher than 25, yes, that's true - only reason to take them higher is for tasks.

Emberguard

Did anyone notice if you could get the Arch hut without spending money before ? The bottom row has a bunch of 50 frag drops now , maybe Inno listened ? Silly me , that's just Inno going after the whales who can buy multiple Arch huts now.
Those were there before. But it does mean you can’t go the slow town route if you’re going for golden upgrades

CDmark

They should have made the Arch upgrade at 125 tasks. So, if someone wants to go slow, 125 tasks and open all chests on 3 towns (L9), they can pay the $15 to get the Arch upgrade. There are no other upgrades prior to task 275 on the money track so it wouldn't really affect anything as far as prizes. But, it would open the possibility of players going the slow route to purchase the upgrade.