• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Starting a Guild

• Thread starter DeletedUser31540
  • Start date

DeletedUser31540

ive been playing for 9 months, i am in HMA, and my ranking is 1.4 million (#4500 in Arvahall)

i fnish lv 4 of GE every week (usually within 24 hours) and i terrorize my Hood every day

I consider myself an elite player (but a newish one).... i want to start an elite guild with other players similar to me (relatively new (1-2 years, very active, and that are camping in HMA / LMA)

my problem is finding and convincing members i want to join me ... (anyone who wants to join me will be a useless noob and anyone that i want to come join me wont want to come)

any tips for attracting quality members to a lv 0 guild on an established world? Is my dream of being the founder of an elite guild a realistic one? Has anyone tried and failed in this endeavor? Succeeded? Please let me know. Thanks

Algona

Mt advice Don't start a Guild.

Look around for a Guild that you feel matches your status as an elite player. Join that Guild and study the leadership and be an active player.

IF(!) tou are good at the game and have the skills to lead an Elite Guild you should know it by your Guild mates 'shoving' you up the leadership ladder.

Follwoing is my story and an anecdote. It;s long and boring but since it's about me I'm sure others will find it fasvincaring...

I think my Guild is pretty good. But we didn't start that way. The founder, aside from demanding fair market, didn't care much about anything, it was a do what you want Guild. I joined a few weeks after the Guild was founded, a couple days after I started playing because it was the first Fuild I was asked to join. I was a complete and totally ignorant n00v oplayer, but I had decided I liked the game, joined the forums a couple days later and studied like hell. Found a wise mentor (thank you Ruby Rainfall!) and studied, studied, studied.

I carved out a role in the Guild as Me. Know-it-all. Somehow or another we managed to latch on to some fine players and some good fighter As our founder got sick, sam took over running the guild, asked Cord to help him, they drafted me to run the daily aspects of the Guild. 18 months later we were top 30. We do fine at GEC. We dabble in GvG. And every one of our leadership team, including the current daily manager who thankfully took my spot came up through the ranks.

My point? A good leadership team realizes that good leaders are a precious commodity (any yurz can fight GvG but succesgully managing a GvG team is the most difficult aspect of this game. I suck at it, I over think it and am not aggressive enough.) that must be conserved, encouraged, and used ro the fullest extent.

If you are good and in the right Guild you won;t have any choice in the matter, you will be a leader.

----------

Anecodte. One of my proteges got bored with us as a Guild, wanted to be in a more active GvG Guild. He shopped around the biggest fighting Guilds in the world, didn't quite find what he wanted. This guy is a good player, in some respects the best student of the gami I have mentored.

We talked it over, he decided to start his own Guild. He recruited a wide variety of good players he stocked up on thousands og Goods of everu Era to pay for GE and GvG (HINT! You will not get far in your new Guild if you can't afford to unlock GE!) and went at it. They tore up GEC and GVG. For a while.

A couple moths later the Guild dissolved. No real problem with anything, it's just that maintaining a top level Guild can be hard work,

Good luck with your decision.

Woody*

Ognor, it's a real challenge to get people to leave established guilds and buy into a vision for a new guild. It's not impossible, but I believe you must seriously commit to your #1 job being to recruit AND retain the best members you can get. I do think you're in a really good forum to try and attract people, because there are some elite players here...

I have a question; why limit it to LMA/HMA? I wouldn't recommend turning away higher level members who otherwise fit your criteria unless that is something really important to you. I believe the majority - or at least a very big portion of the player population - want to level up and continue progressing. They also want access to higher level prints, goods, etc.

DeletedUser31540

I have a question; why limit it to LMA/HMA? I wouldn't recommend turning away higher level members who otherwise fit your criteria unless that is something really important to you. I believe the majority - or at least a very big portion of the player population - want to level up and continue progressing. They also want access to higher level prints, goods, etc.

My thinking is that i want members to be players with 10x to 20x the average score for their age. Players Modern Era or above with these types of scores simply wouldnt be interested in joining me i dont think ... but if they are LMA or below i believe i could convince them to join because our arcs will be working on the same areas of the treasury and we could focus our GVG exploits on 2-3 ages rather than be spread too thin

@Algona - thanks for sharing your experience :) i agree that it is way easier to find a guild to ones liking rather than start it from scratch ... i do think if i could get a guild up an running with the vision i have in mind it would be immensly rewarding and worth the risk of spending 2-3 months with nothing to show for it if it doesnt work out

I am gonna start a related thread in the general thread to further expand my ideas and try to get some feedback ... i would appreciate it if you guys could continue to give me feedback either here or there :)

DeletedUser26532

It is possible, but this will be VERY difficult if you're seeking campers with 10-20x their average age score. Quite simply there are not a lot of those to go around.

Like Algonia, I will share my personal experience, again long but may be interesting to you. I did start my own guild (with some friends) in September. We're now top 10 in our world, and while I harbor no insane delusions we could go to war with any of the top 5 and win, we're doing pretty well for ourselves.

I started out in a medium-sized guild at the beginning of 2015. Our highest ranking ever in my 6 months there was 80th I think. Our founder was a great guy who'd been playing in the world a while, bu the rest of us were complete and utter noobs. He did a lot o guide us and help us get a fast start on Traz, Arc, and how to fight. Unfortunately he left the game about 5 months after we started, and I somehow wound up in charge. I was barely into Colonial (and shockingly our highest leveled player) and had no earthly idea what I was doing. But did alright actually.

I then got an invitation to join a top 10 guild, and after negotiating to bring about 15 others with me, did just that. We stayed there for about 8 months, during which time I also helped lead there, but they were on a downward swing and we scattered to other top 20 guilds where we felt we had a better chance of success. I wound up in the #1 guild for a while, and got a good feel for the game. But last summer our group (who had kept in contact and added some new friends) decided none of us were really happy where we were and wanted to build a new guild that would be successful and have the culture we wanted.

So September 1, 2017, I started a brand new guild (named after our original one) and we started with 12 players (all of the original batch). Since then we've upped our numbers to 35-ish by merging with another small guild, and bringing in friends we met along the way. We also left the option to join open to anyone and have picked up some key players through that. We're now spread out through ages all the way from Middle Ages to Future, but most of us have level 10 obs, high level arcs, and decently leveled trazes.

We are undefeated in GE Competition since we average over 100% completion each week, we're on 10 of the 13 GvG maps (just need to add the 3 middle ages once we finish our current work in Iron Age), and we're comfortably in the top 10 with our town halls starting to produce 3 FP per week.

So starting a brand new guild on an established world is certainly possible, as is being successful with it. But it requires a LOT of work. I spend probably about 3-4 hours per day managing it (I have no life OK) and have a lot of buy in and help from all our members. Its about finding the right people.

Snarko

my problem is finding and convincing members i want to join me ... (anyone who wants to join me will be a useless noob and anyone that i want to come join me wont want to come)
It requires a lot of work and some patience but why not recruit useless noobs who aspire to be more than useless noobs? Catch them in BA/IA before they've found a guild they are happy with. Teach them how to not be useless noobs and help them become useful.

Most who are camping in a lower age while in reality being quite advanced likely has a guild that support and help them. You have to offer something really good for them to leave that for your guild.

Another alternative could be to recruit people from other servers. If they have the time to play multiple worlds they can both keep their guild and join your guild. But they would start out "useless" and require a long setup time.

Darth Mole

I've been playing for several years and started a successful Guild in E world.

Just started a new city in Z - just made it into iron age - started a new Guild yesterday - been actively recruiting low pts players - some without a guild and some with. I'll end up with:
1) Experienced players like me who have just restarted and want a fresh challenge. Keepers
2) Noobs with no experience but want to learn / advance / help etc. Keepers
3) Experienced players who just want to diamond farm. Not Keepers
4) Noobs who are idiots. Not Keepers

1's and 2's come join me! 3's and 4's move along now, nothing to see...

Should be fun!!