• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sticks to bricks.

Falconwing

Does anyone still think a sticks to bricks thread is needed? I can't remember the last time I waited on people to donate to get my GB up, I add the points myself and go. I'm also tired of donating to newer members GB's just to have them leave after a while cause they think the grass is greener over there. Or donating to someone in the 100 millions that I'm sure makes far more FP's than I do. I'm also pretty certain that I've donated far more than I ever received. Then there are the members you know never donate to other S2B's but wait for help on theirs. Anyone else think it's a tired idea? I still donate to the lil guys cause they need the help, but there comes a point to where people should be able to get it up themselves. What do y'all think?

Aggressor

No. Stix 2 Brix is still useful.
You never know somebody's situation on FPs. It obviously benefits newer players more. But If you choose to not put your GB in Stix 2 Brix you can't complain about people not giving you what you've given them. Use it because it is there. If you don't then don't complain because "you put more in than you get out". It's not a dated concept and is good for newer players especially.
I also don't get why you made this thread since you seem to already have made up your mind about the issue. And there is not gonna be a universal law of Never use Stix 2 Brix so....

-Sebastian-

Does anyone still think a sticks to bricks thread is needed? I can't remember the last time I waited on people to donate to get my GB up, I add the points myself and go. I'm also tired of donating to newer members GB's just to have them leave after a while cause they think the grass is greener over there. Or donating to someone in the 100 millions that I'm sure makes far more FP's than I do. I'm also pretty certain that I've donated far more than I ever received. Then there are the members you know never donate to other S2B's but wait for help on theirs. Anyone else think it's a tired idea? I still donate to the lil guys cause they need the help, but there comes a point to where people should be able to get it up themselves. What do y'all think?

I think it might still make sense as a social cohesion thing. People see a new GB went up, and can say "congratulations", and toss a few FP their way. Like the way a barn raising helps bond a community together

One way to help deal with people who don't contribute, is to give every member "notifier" privilege, and have each person make a guild-wide thread for their new GB. Other members donate and leave. Anyone who's still on the thread hasn't donated, or is a monitor for leadership.

Emberguard

Some need it more then others. It's useful in larger guilds where they can raise it out of Lvl 0 almost as soon as placed. In smaller guilds it makes more sense as a "when you see it place some FPs" without expecting it to go into Lvl 0. You can put it into Lvl 1 or whatever lvl it's up to.