• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stop the Plundering INNO !!!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32439
  • Start date

DeletedUser31882

Religion, and specifically, the inability to reconcile them homogeneously, is the crutch. We will never get Islam to accept Judaism to accept Christianity to accept Hinduism to accept Buddhism (who accepts all). The differences cannot be reconciled and therefore there will always be fighting. My opinion that religion is a crutch is evident in the fact that people use it to hate each other instead of coming together as one.

I'm biased for Buddhism on the religion comparison, but even it has been used for calls to violence (Wiki).

I think the underlying root of the evil are the people using each 'tribe' as pawns in creating their own variations of totalitarian power bases. It serves those people to create barriers in reconciliation. I may be naive and/or overly optimistic, but as long as an extinction event doesn't take us (maybe just a near one?) I can see reconciliation happening. Or mayhap it is just in our human natures to divide up into tribes and fight, in which case even if all religions disappeared over night, we'd still have the same root problem.

Regardless, I try to parse the benevolent side of Religious practitioners from the... bigotry? close-minded? I'm not finding the right adjective, but I hope ya'll picking up what I'm throwin' down. I don't like throwing out the good people just because they happen to be associated with dirty baptismal water.

To complete the samsara, I agree that Religion can (and has) set us up for failure, but I will always blame the weakness of man first. On the contemporary side, I'd say we lack a benevolent tyrant creating a solid Humanist 'Church' to compete and unify the many tribes. Or maybe we just need to wait for a Daneel to get around to it.

The Stalinists came together as one, the Maoists came together as one, locusts come together as one, wolves come together as one, jeez, lot's of things come together as one and nothing but death and decimation follow;)

Sometimes, we have to unite and put down that 'bad guy' over there for great justice!

Or make it our paramount object in this struggle to save the Union.

Or have a revolution to abolish absolute monarchies and replace them with democratic republics. With a side of Reign of Terror.

To be fair to the wolves, they get a really bad rap thanks to media portrayals. (I blame Disney's Beauty & The Beast)

Locusts on the other hand? Yeah, we should just eat those suckas.

Holy heck has this thread gone off the deep end...

I blame communism.

DeletedUser29933

As a principle of game-ownership and game-design, as well as with respect to a basic commitment to rewarding merit, I would much rather *not* screw over players that have devoted great time, thought, and effort to playing the game properly than appease whiners who would like an easy game handed to them on a plate. There are *so many* ways of avoiding plunder, and plunder in Forge of Empires is so much less malevolent than it could be, that I'm averse to any further attempt to mollycoddle the plundered.

I agree completely. there was no small amount of sarcasm regarding placating players that don't want to take the time to learn how to improve their game.

So players in OF can set an IA defense???????

OF players can already set an IA defense. What I'm proposing, for discussion only, is perhaps setting a weekly defense. whatever defense a player has selected at hood change locks them in to a hood of that age for the next cycle making battles only possible with troops up to that age. Why an OF player would sacrifice that kind of points is beyond me, but maybe they lack a decent defense boost...and if they do in fact lack a decent defense boost, being in a lower age hood in fights with everyone using same age troops might be more "fair" than mopping up hoods with troops from 2 and 3 ages ahead of hood age.
Once defense is locked in for the week, defense may be changed but not take effect till next hood change. Some new potential this might bring...higher age players with a low defense are only going to be able to plunder lower age goods of the defense they set (could be useful to a player having a tough time coming up with unrefined to support existing productions) however crippling it may be, but this also makes plundering much higher age players possible by strong low age players.

This brings back the age span potential of the old point based hoods, makes battle fairness a matter of boosts accumulated. Not only can weak upper age players "fight down" but strong low age players that worked quests/tech to get troops well above their age can set higher age defenses and test their mettle against and plunder upper age hoods.

DeletedUser29933

lol...afterthought...it also puts all the 2 spearfighter defenses off in a group of their own...since bronze age players can't fight anyway...it could be a matter of technique to place spearfighters as def to be removed from hood battles...odds of being safe or able to beat and plunder others would likely be similar to current IA hoods where only some have mil tactics unlocked.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29933

another option would be a hood selection drop down that would take effect at hood change. Would still not be allowed to use troops from any age higher than selected hood but would allow a well boosted lower age player to select the next age hood while using their current age toops to battle.
If troops are in a defense slot at hood change that are higher than selected hood change, they simply get dropped from defense line up. Troops from the age selected and below are permitted.

DeletedUser35146

Should that also make fights with higher age troops other than in the hood impossible? So if someone forgets the deff are they unable to fight in GE with their own age troops and have to face OF troops with Bronze age fighters?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10720

A simpler fix to hoods rather than any selection process. Someone mentioned earlier and I'd tag them if I had the energy to find it.
Weight classes.
And this is not a complex concept that could be implemented.

Take the sum of all troops of a given age. [ X / Y ]
The boosts a player is given by attack boosting buildings [ A / D ] %
The boosts given by a players defensive boosting buildings [ A / D ] %
SUM the two groups of boosted building numbers into a total for [ A / D ] % total.

Apply [ A / D ] % total to original base [ X / Y] numbers from age given troops to create final [ A / D ] total. [ value P ]

Class 1. P = 0-100
Class 2. P = 101-200
Class 3. P = 201-300

Continue as needed and select hood members based on which class they are able to place in.

It's far from perfect, bust so is the current system. As many have pointed out. Simply tech or point level does not equal fair attack / defense ability. Thanks to the huge variety of playstyles some can fight several ages above their age and some have focused less on building these things in favor of other styles. This solution creates a means where no matter the play style, those around you have a legitimate challenge in battle. It puts campers with huge A/D boosts away from newcomers who can't do a thing for weeks while not placing those same campers against troops they can't be expected to handle thanks to a high level GB boosting ranking points or any other method.

Agent327

OF players can already set an IA defense. What I'm proposing, for discussion only, is perhaps setting a weekly defense. whatever defense a player has selected at hood change locks them in to a hood of that age for the next cycle making battles only possible with troops up to that age. Why an OF player would sacrifice that kind of points is beyond me, but maybe they lack a decent defense boost...and if they do in fact lack a decent defense boost, being in a lower age hood in fights with everyone using same age troops might be more "fair" than mopping up hoods with troops from 2 and 3 ages ahead of hood age.
Once defense is locked in for the week, defense may be changed but not take effect till next hood change. Some new potential this might bring...higher age players with a low defense are only going to be able to plunder lower age goods of the defense they set (could be useful to a player having a tough time coming up with unrefined to support existing productions) however crippling it may be, but this also makes plundering much higher age players possible by strong low age players.

OF players are in a hood with OF players. There is no alternative. No one is fighting with troops ages ahead. By setting an IA defense, I am forcing my neighbours to fight with IA troops. Question is if they have them and if they are willing to fight in a tower where there is hardly anything to gain. It will be like using a city shield.

DeletedUser35146

There could be a different approach to the neighbourhood system. Why not take into account the number of FP used in the town? I mean all FP used in research or all the FP in the GB in the town. I would not recommend to divide the neighbourhood by that number, more to force a town into the next age if the FP counter exceed a certain level, let's say 150% of all FP needed for research plus FP for leveling all GB of that age or below (or without age) to level 10 + 5 level for every age one is above the age of the GB already. If one exceed that number one is in the next age, so no more camping in a lower age with all GB leveled to 80 or so

DeletedUser29933

OF players are in a hood with OF players. There is no alternative. No one is fighting with troops ages ahead. By setting an IA defense, I am forcing my neighbours to fight with IA troops. Question is if they have them and if they are willing to fight in a tower where there is hardly anything to gain. It will be like using a city shield.

what you describe is as it is now, what i propose is change to hood alignment. outside of OF (currently highest age) there are many with troops from ages above their own. I'm offering a potential alternative that could increase hood battle fairness across all ages without punishing heavy hitters or rewarding others significantly..not just OF. Yes, i agree that selecting a much lower age hood to battle in would be a significant loss in points. I'd go so far as argue whatever plundering a player might be trying to avoid might even significantly increase as there are many very capable lower age players that would be hard pressed to pass up on plundering OF productions given the opportunity. Hood battles and plundering are not just not ever going to go away, they are almost a cornerstone of the game. If you are only fighting the same age troops, there is less to complain about fairness. Could go so far as boost grouping as described above..but i'm not going to promote cross age battles based on averaged strength/def. i feel there is too much room to exploit. the way i describe it, the only way to exploit the system is to invest the time and fps in developing boosts and no matter what is done with the game, that remains a factor.

If one exceed that number one is in the next age, so no more camping in a lower age with all GB leveled to 80 or so

I have nothing against camping. only so many ages to progress through, not everyone is in a hurry to reach the end.

in the discussion example as i presented it, you wouldn't be forcing your neighbors to fight in any age...you would be selecting that age you wish to be included with others that have also selected for hood battles.

OF being the only age that can't battle against next age troops (currently), there are plenty in OF very interested in fighting in OF hoods, there may even be AF players interested in fighting OF hoods. what one player selects as their hood battleground for that neighborhood cycle would not dictate what others choose.

Salsuero

no more camping in a lower age with all GB leveled to 80 or so

It's none of your business how I choose to advance and at what speed I choose to do so. How about I find a way to force you to slow down if you're moving too fast for your own good... would that be cool? You can't move forward an age until you meet a certain criteria with all of your GBs and FPs spent in various different areas of the game... don't be absurd. You wanna move fast, go ahead. You wanna move slow, go ahead. Don't try to force us to play at your speed.

Salsuero

I'm offering a potential alternative that could increase hood battle fairness across all ages without punishing heavy hitters or rewarding others significantly.

That is a lie. There's nothing "unfair" about the system. Everyone has an equal opportunity to play this game the same way. You focus on what you do and others focus on what they do. The people who work hardest, invest the most time, etc. -- they are the ones that gain the biggest advantages over the ones who do not. This isn't a game about being "fair" to everyone and leveling every playing field. If you wanna be better, stronger, faster, whatever... then do it!

DeletedUser31592

There could be a different approach to the neighbourhood system. Why not take into account the number of FP used in the town? I mean all FP used in research or all the FP in the GB in the town. I would not recommend to divide the neighbourhood by that number, more to force a town into the next age if the FP counter exceed a certain level, let's say 150% of all FP needed for research plus FP for leveling all GB of that age or below (or without age) to level 10 + 5 level for every age one is above the age of the GB already. If one exceed that number one is in the next age, so no more camping in a lower age with all GB leveled to 80 or so

FP expenditure and GB levels still have NOTHING to do with military prowess. A person could have 10M in IA and be beaten by the lowest ranked person. It wouldn't be hard to do. Non-fighters are going to focus on GBs like the Arc, Chateau, DT, perhaps a Seed Vault or Blue Galaxy. Level those all up and you could have a lot of ranking points and be worthless from a military standpoint.

I'm always top-10, almost always top-5, and regularly 1st in several worlds. I have a Zeus in all of my cities (between level 6 and 11 in each city), a CoA in three of seven (between level 3 and 9). No other military GBs. No barracks. Not one of my cities has troops from advanced ages. It has been 6 months since I aged a few up- not exactly camping, but not moving quickly, either. But, because I've chosen to progress at a slower pace, building all of my GBs up (I have very few under level 10 unless they are new- in any world), by your system, I should be put into a neighborhood with the fighters? Or forced to progress? Bullcrap. Anyone can make the choices I have. They chose not to.

DeletedUser29933

That is a lie. There's nothing "unfair" about the system. Everyone has an equal opportunity to play this game the same way. You focus on what you do and others focus on what they do. The people who work hardest, invest the most time, etc. -- they are the ones that gain the biggest advantages over the ones who do not. This isn't a game about being "fair" to everyone and leveling every playing field. If you wanna be better, stronger, faster, whatever... then do it!

To attack me for offering an alternate course to the current system i have no problem with the way it is might be a bit excessive. There is no falsehood about my given hypothetical scenario no matter how you read it. I agree, this game isn't about fair, it's about using strategy to utilize the given mechanics of the game to stack the cards in your own favor as best you can and be constantly working to improve that position. I am focusing on the topic of this thread, and offering a mere suggestion. you know...like in a discussion forum to address game concerns issues. but Lie? I have neither the need nor inclination.

DeletedUser29933

Should that also make fights with higher age troops other than in the hood impossible? So if someone forgets the deff are they unable to fight in GE with their own age troops and have to face OF troops with Bronze age fighters?

this would not impact gvg or ge in any way. the hood age/era selection would only affect how your neighborhood was aligned by being matched to players who also choose to fight their hood in that age/era with fights between hood members being restricted to units of that age or below, not necessarily current age. (defaulted to current age)
Ge would still be as it is currently and require a players in age capability to negotiate or fight be a factor in affecting guild stats. A player can still work ahead for later age troops and roll through GE with ease. By selecting a different age for hood battles, a strong goods trader/producer can still be an asset to the guild by negotiating ge and supporting gvg with resources but only have to defend against troops of the age they select. A strong fighter can still beat up their hood daily for points or plunder all they can to meet their needs/objectives...but, be limited to doing so with only troops of that age or below.
The goal is to prevent hoods getting rolled by players with troops 2 and 3 ages above their own that they either have not obtained yet, or in some cases, unknowingly eliminated their ability to obtain.

A strong InA player with PME troops may want to battle a PME hood...and would be permitted to do so. An IA player that has been in age a long time may want to roll the dice and select an FE era hood. They may only have IA troops but think they stand a chance at finding a beatable FE defense and try to plunder FE goods....might also get their butt handed to them daily and have to re-think their decision for next hood. Hood age/era selection would limit what you can attack with, not dictate what you must defend with. They might find and be able to beat a few with only 2 spearfighter defense.

To be clear for anyone that has taken the time to actually consider this idea, I'm not opposed to plundering nor do I have issues with the fairness of the game as it is. I also agree there are areas that can improve the definition of fairness. InA hoods with InA players using PME troops to beat up their neighbors is a bit of a stretch of the spirit of the game in my opinion. Not saying it's wrong, just saying I can easily see how some players could cry foul. Could they also research to achieve the same capability..in some cases, yes. But in most cases, NO, they can't. It takes having knowledge of the game and ages they have yet to reach and planning far in advance of getting there. the strategy used to achieve this is from player provided details in forums and wikia,(and an awesome resource) or from running through once on another world. It is not available in the game itself until reaching that age where most have already researched/scouted beyond their ability of achieving the same.

Salsuero

To attack me for offering an alternate course to the current system i have no problem with the way it is might be a bit excessive.

To claim that I've "attacked" you somehow IS excessive.

There is no falsehood

Again, that's untrue. You said:

without punishing heavy hitters or rewarding others significantly

...and I believe this to be false.

the hood age/era selection would only affect how your neighborhood was aligned by being matched to players who also choose to fight their hood in that age/era with fights between hood members being restricted to units of that age or below, not necessarily current age.

Troops are cheaper to produce and faster to heal in lower ages. Having your hood set to the lowest age possible would give you a benefit in attacking neighbors. I would consider just this one point alone to be a type of abuse. If you want to fight Iron Age hoodies using Iron Age or Bronze Age troops... you should stay in Iron Age. Age up and the game gets incrementally harder and harder. That's how it is and that's how it should be.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29933

.and I believe this to be false..

any information, factual or conjecture, to support your claim or counter mine is appreciated to further the discussion.
Those with strong attack/def can still attack and plunder their current age...they could choose to try their hand at ages above their own and plunder next age players. I don't see that as punishing heavy hitters. Players who choose a much lower age for hood wars would be restricted to using that age or lower troops for atk/def and are still subject to attack and plunder by other players in that age with same or lower troops..regardless of the actual age of the player. I don't see that as a significantly rewarding to non fighters.

Troops are cheaper to produce and faster to heal in lower ages. Having your hood set to the lowest age possible would give you a benefit in attacking neighbors. I would consider just this one point alone to be a type of abuse. If you want to fight Iron Age hoodies using Iron Age or Bronze Age troops... you should stay in Iron Age. Age up and the game gets incrementally harder and harder. That's how it is and that's how it should be.

An OF Player in a level 50 guild has the same cost and time to cook an IA troop as an IA player in a level 50 guild. the only advantage that would be present is space to produce a lower age army in mass...or only a few barracks with the rest of map occupied with watchfire's and ritual flames combined with a significant amount of time and resources contributed to atk/def boost. A three week in IA player, as well as a 3 yr in IA camper wouldn't stand a chance and may very well get plundered daily...but let me ask you this. As the high age attacker in this scenario, why would you choose such a low age and give up on so many daily battle points potential? A player would quickly fall behind their peers doing this. Now, as the 3 week IA player that just unlocked mil tactics..yep, probably going to get attacked and maybe plundered...with very strong IA troops. Is that much different than being attacked and plundered daily by EMA troops that don't need much of a boost to be a menace? What about the 3yr IA camper with mega mil boost that now has players from ages/eras 5, 6 or 7 or more eras later than them moving to their age hood to hide and be forced to attack and defend with IA troops. Most would be very excited at such an opportunity.

Yes, no matter what happens to the mechanics of the game, losing sucks. losing productions sucks more. I just think that being beat and plundered by troops the same age I would be using is an easier pill to swallow for most. knowing i need to invest the time and resources to eventually develop the ability to defend, counter attack or both is no different than the current motivations to improve with one key difference. I can work my attack and defense as necessary to one day attack or defend against a player using the same troops as me, but i'll never be able to attack or defend against next age or later troops until i read forums or get tips from another player on how to obtain next age troops while still in current age.

Now lets consider the more likely middle ground scenario. Let's say I'm an LMA camper (i'm not) with strong mil boosts. Battling my hood has grown stale, don't need the goods and there's only a few forge points to plunder. For the purpose of this example, there are not many upper age players also choosing LMA hoods. My goods are going to support guild gvg or im having a tough time getting uptrades picked up. I could select Colonial Age for a hood and make a run at other players selecting a Colonial Age hood. I could potentially gain access to not only CA plunderables but also InA, PE...ME or any others that don't feel up to par and decide to run a period of time in a lower age hood that would land them in the same hood as me.

Is there room in this theoretical environment for further refining hood matching? yes. Could match in selected age by atk/def boost average to make things more "fair", or even factor to a degree player score, but i suspect that might actually stall out a hood's activity. I'm just kicking this around as a potential environment that would bring back cross age interaction in hoods to increase the range of potential but limit the age of troops that can be used to attack or set as a defense. Older players who remember point match hoods with players of all ages might appreciate the significance, newer players that only know tech based hoods may not.

DeletedUser29933

another, much easier option, would be to restrict hoods to current age troops or lower for attack and defense.
Still be able to use next age troops in GE or GvG but keep same age hood members dealing with same age troops of varying boost.

...but "stop the plundering"? nope, that's a different game.

Agent327

what you describe is as it is now, what i propose is change to hood alignment. outside of OF (currently highest age) there are many with troops from ages above their own. I'm offering a potential alternative that could increase hood battle fairness across all ages without punishing heavy hitters or rewarding others significantly..not just OF. Yes, i agree that selecting a much lower age hood to battle in would be a significant loss in points. I'd go so far as argue whatever plundering a player might be trying to avoid might even significantly increase as there are many very capable lower age players that would be hard pressed to pass up on plundering OF productions given the opportunity. Hood battles and plundering are not just not ever going to go away, they are almost a cornerstone of the game. If you are only fighting the same age troops, there is less to complain about fairness. Could go so far as boost grouping as described above..but i'm not going to promote cross age battles based on averaged strength/def. i feel there is too much room to exploit. the way i describe it, the only way to exploit the system is to invest the time and fps in developing boosts and no matter what is done with the game, that remains a factor.

Don't you see that what you propose is wide open for abuse? You keep mentioning points as a decisive factor, but most players do not care about points at all.

in the discussion example as i presented it, you wouldn't be forcing your neighbors to fight in any age...you would be selecting that age you wish to be included with others that have also selected for hood battles.

So I select IA and let IA players beat and plunder me in exchange for fp's.

OF being the only age that can't battle against next age troops (currently), there are plenty in OF very interested in fighting in OF hoods

Why? They are already fighting in OF.

there may even be AF players interested in fighting OF hoods.

That would be rather stupid, cause all they might have is a few unnattached units.

what one player selects as their hood battleground for that neighborhood cycle would not dictate what others choose.

You are contradicting yourself. According to you points are very important, so no player will pick a lower neighbourhood and no player has enough unattached troops of era's above them.

DeletedUser29933

Please forgive the lack of quotes and carry downs.

-Please list any abuse potential and considerations for discussion.

-A player could select an IA hood and try to "allow" IA players to hit you and plunder you in exchange for fps...and others that chose IA for whatever reason may just hit you and plunder you for free. Please keep in mind the likelihood of a single high age player standing alone in an all IA hood is slim in this situation. Not impossible, just unlikely. You won't be able tell another player to "meet me in IA for next cycle" as normal hood grouping within those that select a particular age will still be as it is now. Can't tell a current hood member when you expect to see them again with any certainty. you could try to fleece weak players in that age for forge points by coordinating with them to drop def at a particular time for them to attack, maybe with some success...no different than it is now in current hoods with the exception being the rewards gained are much more valuable. But at the same time there could be any number of other non weak players from any other age and capability that you could also be sharing that age hood with who could very well attack and try to plunder at will.

-those that choose to fight and are in OF currently are already fighting OF, some do not fight at all. Under my theoretical environment, some OF may remain in OF to fight, some may choose another era for whatever reason. And no matter how stupid someone thinks it may be, there are several (if I may be very conservative) AF, even FE who are capable of defeating some OF defenses with AF or FE troops, not just a couple advanced age troops gained from quests and rogues...but even they were to use only a few unattached troops, that is already an effective strategy in ruling a hood. why would this example be any different? Hoods already have a wide variety of defenses in place, not always current age troops, not always effective by any measure...sometimes placed deliberately. the same factors that currently affect what you see in your hood defenses would be the same in this example. the difference being a hood will contain different ages/eras of players of varying capability and intent who are all capped at the same level for the highest age troop that can be used for an attack or defense. there will still be the easy pickin's as well as mega untouchables...just as it is now in any hood span.

" what one player selects as their hood battleground for that neighborhood cycle would not dictate what others choose." is not a contradiction as near as i can tell by anything i said but would be happy to attempt to clarify if misunderstood.

under this system of select-able Age/era's for next cycle hood battle ground, the decision is made by the player for whatever reason they choose a particular age. It is entirely possible, perhaps not plausible, that every player in a particular world chooses Iron Age as their next hood. Hoods reset and bam! every single player now finds themselves in a hood with all possible combinations of age cities and military capability. Not a single player can use any troop for attack and defense in their hood above an iron age troop. GE/GVG is all still exactly the same as it is now. There will still be one player who is able to run attacks top to bottom and beat every single player in their hood...just as there is now. But, it may not be the highest age player. It could be a camped LMA player who has the mega military boosts and unbreakable defense. That LMA player may go plunder any number of different age cities' goods, may only hit cities above their own age and leave lower age cities alone. Most who bother with this forum have played enough to know there is often no rhyme or reason to the motivations behind how some players interact in their hood at different times...much less any sort of universal standard. Part of the beauty of the game. How a player plays and interacts in their hood will be no different than it is now. The only differences would be 1.) the selected age of troops a player voluntarily opts to cap themselves at, and 2.) the span of available age/era cities that could now also be found in a players hood. Strong players can still attack and plunder weaker players...but no longer restricted to what age city you may find as any player from any era may have also selected the same era as you and wind up in your hood.

Lets also consider how this would impact other aspects of the game and potentially address other issues:
- Markets, imagine the trade potential in a hood that has any possible combination of age players mixed in...is there a down side or potential for abuse? Maybe, but i don't see it as any more or less than their is now.
-networking potential. App players have been in need of a global chat since the app was introduced to be able to network with upper age players for all the things low age players need upper age players for in the game outside of whatever they find in their guild. this scenario potentially brings those players in reach. Although unlikely an active, capable, high age player will drop to a low age often it would be possible. A confident, habitually timely city manager may not fear being plundered whatsoever because they collect on time and may choose a much higher age hood than their own to network. Will they have the age troops they need to defend themselves? not a chance. but what is needed to defend against plundering is universal no matter what age/strength of force breaches your defenses. Yet the possibility would exist that there are others with similar strength military and city age they may in fact be able to defeat and plunder.
-random drops from aiding. print drop potential from a wide span of ages for a player that chooses to aid their hood regularly no matter if it is access from high age players hoping to hide in lower age hoods or from brave low age players looking to jump in a higher hoods hunting for prints. If i'm a brand new iron age player that hasn't unlocked mil tactics yet, I may very well make my first stop an FE hood....and hope real hard i'm not suddenly surrounded by other IA players doing the same..lol
- there are other things such as some GB's that could be more useful in this scenario than they would be in a low age hood and even some things i haven't thought of or had others bring up in opposition (there's still time, hit me with it)

This game, utilizing a player selctable age/era for their next neighborhood battleground, would do one thing primarily: limit the highest age military a player may be attacked by, attack with, use as or encounter as defense in their neighborhoods It does not dictate or limit the boosted strength of a player's troops in that age. It does not stop a player from beating and plundering another. On any server, any world and any age, the span of in age capability of players is huge! Anyone that worked from their current age and fought ahead on their continent map battling troops from ages ahead of their own, know you do not need a particular age troop to kick someone's butt with a higher age defense. This configuration would allow a player to select hoods above their own age...even if they lack the troops of that age. It caps it but does not stop a lower age troop than the age selected from being used. All the things we see in the game now would still be present. Players with crazy defense and no attack, players with crazy attack and no defense capability, a town hall of one age but a city from 3 ages prior and a military from earlier still would all still be found to varying degrees in any given hood of any given age. the potential for abuse would be not any greater than it is now...and may even be reduced a little. As near as i can tell, it would improve networking, trade potential and increase range for aid print drops. A significant downside for some players is they lose the ability to hit a player of the same age as them with troops from ages above them providing they have both selected their current age as their hood battleground. A counter to that is the player that has worked hard to get next age troops and develop strong boosts would no longer be restricted to tech based hoods and could then select a later age in hopes of finding a few later age players to hit. The strategic considerations for why a player would select an age different than their own would be exactly what you think they would be. weak players may hope to hide in lower age hoods (point) Other, not as weak players may also select that age and kick their butt anyway (counter point). the infinite combinations of age and capability that could be found in a hood brings back a bit of what was lost when the we got away from the hold system but still protect a player, to a degree, from much later age troops than they are capable of producing. I not only think there is some meat on the bone to seriously consider a proposal, i think it might increase hood activity and interest for many.

Ok negative nelly's let's hear it..lol
please take the time to actually give examples and information instead of just saying that's stupid (what's stupid?) or contradicting (what was the contradiction?) this will never go anywhere (does it ever?). Can you see this as a feature of the game?, do you see a problem or serious room for major abuse that we can discuss ways to mitigate or eliminate? Is the potential for abuse any different, better or worse than the game is now? Would it significantly help or hinder any particular style of player (diamond or otherwise) or negate years of effort of a current path that would be wasted if the game had a selectable hood? If you have anything constructive, critical or not, i'd like to hear it.