• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stranded FPs on Great Buildings of Players

DeletedUser38197

It sure would be nice to be able to recover Forge Points that are stranded on players who have either left the game or play very rarely. It would be nice to have a timer say 21 to 30 days that is put on the Great Building so that if after that time period all Forge Points were returned to the players. If the player or other players contribute to the Great Building then the timer would reset. Case in point; I have help numerous lower levels get started and they have either left the game or do not contribute to their own Great Buildings.

DeletedUser13838

Before you get all the replies telling you to put the proposal in the right format (which you should), I'll just point out that your suggestion would create an easy way for players to bank fps in their fp bar without actually using them.

RazorbackPirate

It sure would. But since it's never going to happen in any form,

"Dream on, Dream on, Dream on,"
"Dream until your dreams come true..."
"Aaaah...."

DeletedUser28147

Learn to edit your friends list. Great buildings sometimes take a really long time to level up, you'll get used to it.

DeletedUser

@Rocker54 :As noted by others, this must be in proper format, which you can find here. You can change your original post to proper format using the "Edit" button. Pending proper format, I'll move this to Forge Hall.

Super Catanian

There have been many proposals (especially from new members) regarding FP contributions in GBs. This is one of them. I'm surprised nobody has considered adding this new point to the DNSL, since they are fairly common:
"Anything regarding altering Forge Point contributions to Great Buildings"

DeletedUser14354

However, the real reason why this shouldn't be implemented is that your enti
It sure would be nice to be able to recover Forge Points that are stranded on players who have either left the game or play very rarely. It would be nice to have a timer say 21 to 30 days that is put on the Great Building so that if after that time period all Forge Points were returned to the players. If the player or other players contribute to the Great Building then the timer would reset. Case in point; I have help numerous lower levels get started and they have either left the game or do not contribute to their own Great Buildings.

All of the above reasons.

However, the real argument against your proposal is that it rests on a false premise...namely that you somehow retain some "interest" in a forge point that has been donated to someone else's GB. You don't. Once that FP is donated, for all practical purposes, it ceases to exist. What you get in return is a "chance" at some reward. Until that GB is leveled, you cannot know if that chance has turned into an actual reward.

This was true on the day you donated that FP. You still have that chance at a reward, i.e., the player can return to the game, the player can start contributing to that GB, other players can elect to contribute to that GB, etc. Since you are still getting exactly the same "rights" you got when you made the decision to donate the FP, there is no logical justification for your proposal.

Buyer's remorse is not a basis for changing a game mechanic.

Super Catanian

Buyer's remorse is not a basis for changing a game mechanic.
"Yes, may I get a refund for my failed FP investment?"
"No, sorry, ma'am, our refund policy does not cover that item."
"Let me speak to the manager!"
:rolleyes:

But seriously, although it would be nice somewhat, it is SUPER ripe for abuse. Here is why...
There was a proposal where someone was proposing having an "empty FP pack", where you could invest unused FPs from your FP bar so that you can use them later. This is of course, not a good idea, since it is in the name of the game, "Forge of Empires". INNO wants us to spend our FPs rather than store them somewhere.

If this proposal were to get implemented, players could invest FPs to a GB and then stop donating. Those FPs would be like FP packs, just waiting to be returned to the player. This is basically being rewarded for leveling up a GB but without leveling it, which doesn't make any sense, now does it? Players would store their unused FP on a Great Building, and wait to get them back for later use, which INNO does not want us to do.