• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stuck on Soccer quest...does it change?

Yugi the 7empest

I'm stuck on a Soccer Cup quest that requires defeating an army that I have no chance of doing. Do these quests reset at any time or is the event over for me after 2 days?

Farfle the smelly

Excellent question. I’m curious too.

Also: why do I get twice as many incidences in my bronze city than I do in Iron? And the quality of incidences is so much worse in my Iron city (10 fps in Bronze vs 60 supplies in Iron). I have been checking both cities regularly and this trend is a bit alarming. I mean, at least it’ll help speed up my Bronze development? My poor Iron city is feeling quite neglected.

Farfle the smelly

Sorry, not 10 fps, that is a huge exaggeration. It’s the drinks and soccer related stuff. Which is still way more helpful than 60 supplies.

Yugi the 7empest

The alternative is a negotiation that costs diamonds. Not lazy, just don't want to shell out money for an in game quest that should be accessible to a variety of play styles.

Jern2017

The alternative is a negotiation that costs diamonds. Not lazy, just don't want to shell out money for an in game quest that should be accessible to a variety of play styles.

If I'm judging by your attitude in this comment, the answer is yes. The event is over for you.

Now if for a moment, I imagine you asked for advice, the answer is no, the event is not over for you - while you CAN pay Diamonds for an extra turn in negotiations, you can successfully complete a negotiation without spending them. It may take you a few tries, but it's certainly possible and it's how many players do it.

RazorbackPirate

The reason the negotiation costs diamonds is that you don't have enough goods. Unless it is for another turn, the diamonds are the cost of the goods needed to negotiate. Produce enough goods to negotiate with and you won't need diamonds.

Not having enough goods for negotiation, and not enough units or A/D boost to fight is indicative of moving up in the tech tree and ages too quickly. It's a problem you've created, but also one you can solve.

Lady Gato

Are you in a guild where they can donate goods to you so you can do the negotiation? Or you might want to talk to someone as to how to defeat the army that you face. In another event I was stuck with defeating an army or doing a GE. I didn't want to age up so I asked in my guild. Some suggestions were made and I told them what I had already tried. Eventually I was able to defeat the army and move on. But I didn't give up.

EDIT: They can do a favorable trade to you in order to "donate" goods to you. Sorry @Captain Christian, I wasn't precise enough.

Last edited:

Captain Christian

Are you in a guild where they can donate goods to you so you can do the negotiation? Or you might want to talk to someone as to how to defeat the army that you face. In another event I was stuck with defeating an army or doing a GE. I didn't want to age up so I asked in my guild. Some suggestions were made and I told them what I had already tried. Eventually I was able to defeat the army and move on. But I didn't give up.
The Guild cannot donate goods to you.

Yugi the 7empest

The reason the negotiation costs diamonds is that you don't have enough goods. Unless it is for another turn, the diamonds are the cost of the goods needed to negotiate. Produce enough goods to negotiate with and you won't need diamonds.

Not having enough goods for negotiation, and not enough units or A/D boost to fight is indicative of moving up in the tech tree and ages too quickly. It's a problem you've created, but also one you can solve.
I see. Thanks for the advice. I'll slow down on advancing.

he's too lazy to think
No, he doesn't like the money grab from this game just to move forward. The opponents they put up against you in the Battle have a +45 advantage over yours. So unless you have a way to beef up your offense and defense, you'll most likely lose every time. Those 'negotiations' are a joke. They provide no actual clues as to what each person is looking for, and you end up dumping half your goods inventory playing some stupid guessing game. Ultimately, it's about the diamonds. You get to a certain point in this game that the only way you can continue forward is to drop money into buying diamonds.

RazorbackPirate

No, he doesn't like the money grab from this game just to move forward. The opponents they put up against you in the Battle have a +45 advantage over yours. So unless you have a way to beef up your offense and defense, you'll most likely lose every time. Those 'negotiations' are a joke. They provide no actual clues as to what each person is looking for, and you end up dumping half your goods inventory playing some stupid guessing game. Ultimately, it's about the diamonds. You get to a certain point in this game that the only way you can continue forward is to drop money into buying diamonds.
Everything about this post is wrong. I've never spent a dime on this game.

In CA my A/D boost is 361/200. I've also got 10k+ of each current age good, 32k+ of each previous age good. Ample goods and basic logic makes negotiations easy. The occasional Extra Turn boost from the Tavern doesn't hurt either.

Instead of coming here to complain about stuff you're clearly clueless about, why not come here to learn how to play the game?

BruteForceAttack

I'm stuck on a Soccer Cup quest that requires defeating an army that I have no chance of doing. Do these quests reset at any time or is the event over for me after 2 days?

Yes you are stuck....work on improving your attack and defense, try manual fight....

is there no alternate quest?

DevaCat

Well I suppose you are right about one thing, that ultimately it's about the diamonds. It's just not in the way you seem to think.

The game makers are counting on people who haven't learned how to beef up offense/defense to get frustrated and spend diamonds. They are counting on the same impatient people, who haven't learned how to have enough goods nor how to negotiate, to buy and spend diamonds. They are counting on the same people who have most likely spent to get to a certain point in the game to keep on spending to continue forward. Bless those people, I hope ten more a day join up. :)

Now, if you don't want to be one of those people (and it's okay if you do), you can ask nicely and a lot of nice people here will help you figure things out.

planetofthehumans2

There's at least another week (two?) left of the event. By that time maybe you have better units and more goods to do this quest. You can still do the tournaments and trainings with the daily gatorade freebie quest and incidents.