• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2022 Feedback

Ironrooster

Well, I came up 8 sailing spaces (252) short in my main city. And had to spend some diamonds for 3 doubloons to complete the last level.
I did all the quests, all the daily freebees, and collected all my incidents daily, but it wasn't enough.
But I did score another Pirate's Hideout selection kit with those 3 doubloons.

All my other cities got passed 260 without needing diamonds.

ScreamingZiva

1663764288797.png
Straight up selling event currency now?

Not to mention, this is a somewhat of a ripoff. Five doubloons cost 495 diamonds and you can buy 600 diamonds for $9.99.

However, 20 doubloons cost 1,750 diamonds but $19.99 only gets you 1,400 diamonds.

Last edited:

CDmark

Well, I came up 8 sailing spaces (252) short in my main city. And had to spend some diamonds for 3 doubloons to complete the last level.
I did all the quests, all the daily freebees, and collected all my incidents daily, but it wasn't enough.
But I did score another Pirate's Hideout selection kit with those 3 doubloons.

All my other cities got passed 260 without needing diamonds.
I think we get 2 more login in Doubloons late tonight, midnight EST. I have had to always refresh my player to see it. Not 100% sure but most events have this extra login currency. Lets see

Ironrooster

I think we get 2 more login in Doubloons late tonight, midnight EST. I have had to always refresh my player to see it. Not 100% sure but most events have this extra login currency. Lets see
I think we do. But the event ends at 4:30 am, so you have to be awake between midnight and then. And I'm not always awake during those hours.:rolleyes:

xivarmy

I would like to get a prize right away after I push 'stop' button. This doesn't make any sense to me wait another half an hour when this wheel stops.

Good news! You got the prize right away when you pressed spin ;)

The wheel stopping is just a placebo effect to make you think you have some influence where it stops combined with a delay, which might be rather important to the neighborhood element where other neighbors might want to spin too.

RedR0ck

Good news! You got the prize right away when you pressed spin ;)

The wheel stopping is just a placebo effect to make you think you have some influence where it stops combined with a delay, which might be rather important to the neighborhood element where other neighbors might want to spin too.
You didn't get it. I want prize pop-up window to appear right after I push stop. I know the mechanic of this event. Thank you.

xivarmy

You didn't get it. I want prize pop-up window to appear right after I push stop. I know the mechanic of this event. Thank you.
Sorry, was just being glib.

I know what you want, but it would change the character of the event to be able to speed up the spinning element, reducing the chances where you have two people frantically spinning for the same prize - which is rather the fun part of the mechanic.

RedR0ck

Sorry, was just being glib.

I know what you want, but it would change the character of the event to be able to speed up the spinning element, reducing the chances where you have two people frantically spinning for the same prize - which is rather the fun part of the mechanic.
You just said above that animation has nothing to do with "reducing chances". We all know that a prize is determined right after you push 'spin'. So what is the point to wait until wheel stops? I don't mind if people like to watch it spinning but if we have 'stop' button can we just get a prize immediately?

xivarmy

You just said above that animation has nothing to do with "reducing chances". We all know that a prize is determined right after you push 'spin'. So what is the point to wait until wheel stops? I don't mind if people like to watch it spinning but if we have 'stop' button can we just get a prize immediately?

The point is it creates a longer window for someone to notice that something is happening on the wheel and compete with you for the prize. If you can empty an entire wheel in less than a minute through spin-stop-spin-stop, then the opportunity to have peoples attention overlap lowers vs spending 5+ minutes to do the same.

Ironrooster

And so the event ends.
All my cities got a level 9 Pirates Hideout.
It cost me a 1000 diamonds, but I got a 2nd level 9 Pirates Hideout in my main city.
All cities but 1 got a fully leveled event building. The one was a new city and did not have an event box, and so lacked 1 upgrade.

Cyrus the Adequate

I really, really dislike the Wheel of Fortune. Should be called the Wheel of Frustration. I don't know what I'm carrying on me ship that makes it heavy.
Gettin' so many 1's in a row each time I spin the compass makes me feel like jumpin' overboard.

I'm up to Quest 53: 19th Day with two more days to go, and have a level 9 Privateer's Boathouse. Don't think it's possible to get the fully upgraded
boathouse unless I get a huge amount of doubloons and order me crew to start rowin' to make the ship travel faster... or get me compass repaired.
I finished the quests in 3 cities, got to Level 11 in each without anything extra required.

The Lady Redneck

I got the fully upgraded main building plus a couple of extra upgrades in both my cities. Also got 2 Gov Villas, some Sentinel outposts and Guard posts in my main city plus a good amount of stuff to feed that AD in both. I did spend about 500 diamonds in order to get one of the Gov Villas. So am happy with the outcome of this event.

Graviton

Similar to @The Lady Redneck, I got a full Privateer's thing in all cities w/no diamonds spent (although it did come down to the two post-midnight dubloons in one city. Fortunately I'm in Arizona so it was post-9 PM for me.) Also completed Governor's Villas in three cities that I already had a few kits for. The only downside to this event was that I went days without spinning the wheel at all, and then went crazy yesterday using up around 100 dubloons in one sitting.

Just An Observer

I just realized what the Deadman's Bounty chests are good for. Events! Now when rushing through events and you have to collect x supplies, you can just open a bunch of chests instead of building and selling buildings over and over.
Recursion is a good way to gather goods, coins and supplies for quests.