• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2023 Feedback

Just An Observer

Got up early. Did all quests until the GE one showed up. Waited a little while. Finished all the rest of the quests. Spent 4500 Diamonds and $15 to get the Viceroy Villa and the Cartographer's House. Got one Key to use on the Calendar, scored a second key for later use. 381 Doubloons left. Now I am in cruise control mode for the Summer Event. This one went easy for the start and looks promising for getting 2 more Viceroys and the SuperDuper 2x2 one-off. Color me happy!

Expletive Deleted

First thing I've noticed. Calendar keys are not on every board. So if someone is even trying to get them they have to shuffle into a good board then hope they don't shuffle out of it.

xivarmy

No , they are only on every three boards and this is only an "Odd" and we all know how slanted Inno "Odds" are. If you are going for the calendar just throw your money away and save yourself the wasted time.
If the calendar is the only thing you want, you can buy a key for 400 diamonds. No odds involved. And it is the better purchase if that's your goal.

I would guess that the typical person who does the daily challenges (~14 wild keys), and only chases the key when it's there to the extent possible - not resetting boards hoping the next one has a key - will typically wind up about 7-8 keys short, so about 3-4k diamonds maybe to finish the calendar.

Someone who is spending diamonds on getting extra bucky bays should come closer (My estimate for a world going for just enough for 2 buccaneers bays without passes is that they'll spend ~12k diamonds on doubloons to make that happen, and that using the calendar for 1 of the upgrades instead will come out to about the same total price).

Last edited:

xivarmy

My understanding is that the Calendar Key is available only on 1 of every 2 boards, on average. Combining this with the fact that progress towards the Grand Prize was cut by 33% makes having any success nearly impossible. This Event should be renamed Inno Piracy and Overreach.
They over doubled the currency when they reduced the GP progress per currency. Finishing 1 buccaneer's bay should not be a problem.

The Calendar is likely to require diamonds.

Dursland

I would not go for the calendar unless you are also going for multiple buccaneer's bays.

I plan to get 3 bays so finishing the calendar too is a big goal of mine.

Xenosaur

I see instead of 1,2 or 3 coins from each attempt it is only 1 or 2. Guaranteed to making getting the much more difficult. These events sshould be fun, not an exercise in futility

Well - let's be careful here with that broad generalization. If 95% of the time you get 2 coins, and 5% of the time you get 1, that's way better than a LOT of the scenerios using 3 coins, or 4 (if zero is included).

So... they made this change in beta too, and it didn't have an the effect you're hypothesizing it will. Let's give it a chance to work through the probability and requirements for averages/turn. I think @MooingCat or @xivarmy computed it to be 1.4 in beta (would have to find the reference), so assume right now it's the same here.

xivarmy

Well - let's be careful here with that broad generalization. If 95% of the time you get 2 coins, and 5% of the time you get 1, that's way better than a LOT of the scenerios using 3 coins, or 4 (if zero is included).

So... they made this change in beta too, and it didn't have an the effect you're hypothesizing it will. Let's give it a chance to work through the probability and requirements for averages/turn. I think @MooingCat or @xivarmy computed it to be 1.4 in beta (would have to find the reference), so assume right now it's the same here.
I'm still under the operating assumption of 1.5. Someone alleged 1.4 but I think that was born more out of pessimism than data. Notably either way, finishing 1 trading post is safe.

qaccy

My understanding is that the Calendar Key is available only on 1 of every 2 boards, on average. Combining this with the fact that progress towards the Grand Prize was cut by 33% makes having any success nearly impossible. This Event should be renamed Inno Piracy and Overreach.
How come people saw these changes but missed the change that greatly increased the amount of doubloons you can earn? I guess people don't pay attention to buffs, only nerfs. Bias like that doesn't provide for constructive feedback, though, because it isn't factoring in every change.

Dursland

Has it been calculated somewhere how many diamonds needed to reach 460 point, to get all 150 fragments to the Vice Vila?

Someone else was asking, was wondering if anyone had an answer for them?

xivarmy

Has it been calculated somewhere how many diamonds needed to reach 460 point, to get all 150 fragments to the Vice Vila?

Someone else was asking, was wondering if anyone had an answer for them?

About 3-4k I think (without incidents).

Just An Observer

After last night's reset, I played with the Summer Event. 2 more Cartographer's Houses came my way. Prize switching cost was around 200 Diamonds. If others try this and succeed, it would indicate that the odds of getting this superb building got better for the players. If no one else hits like I did, then I am just the positive edge of the bell curve. At least the cost to find out for those who play the event is reasonable. Might as well give it a try!

xivarmy

After last night's reset, I played with the Summer Event. 2 more Cartographer's Houses came my way. Prize switching cost was around 200 Diamonds. If others try this and succeed, it would indicate that the odds of getting this superb building got better for the players. If no one else hits like I did, then I am just the positive edge of the bell curve. At least the cost to find out for those who play the event is reasonable. Might as well give it a try!
On my 1 world that's had a chance to try some so far, 1 have 2 cartographers waiting in my treasures.

1 was among the very first maps I got offered. The 2nd I switched into. When considering switches you get a list of 10(?) items it could be next - i've only used the switch when the Cartographer was in one of those two lists so far - think it took my 3 switches to hit the 2nd one. So ~70 diamonds.

1686160922227.png

I *do* plan to dig those treasures up for the 2995. Hope I have even close to this good of luck on the worlds where I'd *really* want them lol.

Sluggie

Yay, so far I've made more than 20 picks on todays 'calendar key' search and still no luck...there are only 18 tiles FFS! This 'reset' tile (so far 3x and counting and no key) is sssssooooo stupid!!!!!!! It is said EVERY year! With perscentage chance, it'll likely happen again to me this event. The number of players copping this effect is/will be rather significant throughout event.
If you cannot understand that, then again you deserve ZERO RL $$$ money! I like to put my money where it is deserved...and it ain't here with this sort of event high% (50/50) random penalties.

Edward _MMXIII

So many prizes

So little time & grid space

Red dot = ?

Quest line now meaningless !

Just buy !

Buh Bye !!!

Skullduggery comes to mind !

Last edited:

CDmark

Cartographer - since all the fragments are 3, why not just make it 90% selection kit, 10% Golden upgrade? I think it would be simpler.
I was looking at it closer, being 2x3, if you put next to your Governor or Viceroy Villa, it would be like the doghouse, actually about the same relative size and has the same look. You could even have it where one of those people walking in your city is the postman and as he walks by, Fido leaps out of the doghouse but gets clipped before he hits the road because of the chain. I would actually turn on animations just to see it. :)