• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2023 Feedback

Lothar123

Someone managed to finish the calendar, completely for free - no diamonds spent.

Pretty impressive but that's probably the 1% lol.

[snip[
I also managed to finish the calendar, completely for free, with no diamonds spent. I'm not denying that luck played a major role, but I thought the data point might be useful.

stymie of Suwannee

Thinking did well for me.
In my primary, I got the full calendar with no diamonds with good strategy and math. I waited for days that had a calendar piece. Didn’t work super, but it kept up and I saved lots of doubloons that I spent on the last 5 days to secure those pieces. I spent about 3200 diamonds to secure 3 CartoHouses and spent $10 for the extra 200 diamonds I needed to purchase. The extra diamonds were if I needed more calendar pieces, but didn’t. I built the full building and will leave the second at lvl 9, for better production. Have 6 extra pieces, so maybe 30-40 days for the next. Lots of extra fight for what’s coming (Bye, bye GbG farming?)
In my diamond farm, just looking for CrowsNests. And 32 pieces, getting the last 2 with those spare diamonds, made for 4 more CrNests.
Swish!

Expletive Deleted

Overall I did well through the event.
Didn't bother trying to get keys, went for the daily prizes I wanted. Got a full buccaneers boathouse and 17 cartographers with a lot of diamonds.
Completed 2 traders and am waiting til titan to give them both the gold upgrades. All my farms added at least one crows nest. 2 in some cases.

While I did miss spinning the big wheel I got over that and played the game offered.

PROS- the option to switch out and the ability to know the switch options for the treasure maps made them very much worthwhile. If there is one thing I want to see repeated in future events it is this. No question.

All the prizes were worthwhile. Powerful specials and enough doubloons to ensure a smart player gets the big prize.

Incidents gave a minimum 5 DB. This made them pretty useful. As opposed to previous events where they might offer 1-3. By putting them at 5 it meant there was a decent chance that meant one more shot.

CONS
A reskinned winter event is boring. I liked the big wheel. With the knowledge of future events being replays of others, I'm not a big fan of this.

I could never see the stats for skull cave from the event window. Which means it wasn't selling itself. So I didn't bother trying. There needs to be somewhere one can see this info to let them decide in the game. Instead of looking for this info elsewhere.
--

Ultimately a good event. Set me up nice for titan and

PJS299

I could never see the stats for skull cave from the event window. Which means it wasn't selling itself. So I didn't bother trying. There needs to be somewhere one can see this info to let them decide in the game. Instead of looking for this info elsewhere.
Yes you can. You click “calendar” or whatever it says and then click the chest in the bottom right. It shows all the prizes, including the skull cave.

Expletive Deleted

Yes you can. You click “calendar” or whatever it says and then click the chest in the bottom right. It shows all the prizes, including the skull cave.
It showed the skull cave as a prize and listed the prizes. But never showed what the skull cave offered. At least it didn't seem to for me.

Expletive Deleted

Hmm... It worked for me. Maybe your's just has issues lol.
Entirely possible. And it's possible I just somehow missed it. So I will rephrase and say it was difficult to find the display for the output of the skull cave.
I am also pretty much exclusively a mobile player so that may be a factor in finding it harder, as I can't hover over a display.

PJS299

Entirely possible. And it's possible I just somehow missed it. So I will rephrase and say it was difficult to find the display for the output of the skull cave.
I am also pretty much exclusively a mobile player so that may be a factor in finding it harder, as I can't hover over a display.
Ah. That makes sense. I didn't play the event on mobile.

Dursland

Gotta say I really love those Cartographers! They helped me finish off my 4th trading post shortly after the event and I just now upgraded my 5th to a Buccaneer's Bay.

Should get 6th sometime in October. This is great!

Love the potions too, use them all the time and they make a huge difference - no matter what anybody says lol.

PJS299

Gotta say I really love those Cartographers! They helped me finish off my 4th trading post shortly after the event and I just now upgraded my 5th to a Buccaneer's Bay.

Should get 6th sometime in October. This is great!

Love the potions too, use them all the time and they make a huge difference - no matter what anybody says lol.
I've been auctioning mine.