• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2023 Feedback

Dursland

Calendar progress is going well but I'm no longer ahead on it. Missing yesterday - got today's key in 5 moves.

584 doubloons remaining, and at 0/4 fragments. If daily challenges continue averaging out at 2 per day I'll need to key hunt the remaining 3 days. Here's to hoping 600ish doubloons does the trick!

qaccy

TBH, I would have spent a lot more diamonds in this event if I could dump a Treasure bar that loaded up with junk I don’t want. If these are going to be a regular feature, then there needs to be a mechanism to get rid of a pile of junk. Instead, I have to look at it for the next 10 days and I am definitely not spending 3000 diamonds for a couple hundred forge points and a Wishing well. if I could dump the bar and start over, I’d be FAR more inclined to try to build one more to my liking (spending diamonds in the process btw) and then drop the 3k to buy a better mix of rewards.
What, you didn't spend diamonds picking new treasures when you were filling the map the first time? Or do you just consider every option to be junk? There's a lot of good stuff that's pretty much guaranteed to appear on every list of options. The Cartographer's House is the only thing that's relatively uncommon. Why would being able to dump your selections for free make you more willing to spend diamonds if the first time left you unsatisfied to the point that you didn't want to buy the prizes?

xivarmy

What, you didn't spend diamonds picking new treasures when you were filling the map the first time? Or do you just consider every option to be junk? There's a lot of good stuff that's pretty much guaranteed to appear on every list of options. The Cartographer's House is the only thing that's relatively uncommon. Why would being able to dump your selections for free make you more willing to spend diamonds if the first time left you unsatisfied to the point that you didn't want to buy the prizes?
The leading cause of not spending diamonds on the prize set if you potentially would be willing to is that you filled it with junk and only then realized you should've spent some diamonds switching out the prizes. For which the punishment is spending 2995 diamonds on junk if you want to try and create a good prize set next time. It's the situation I was in on beta for instance - largely brought on by past experiences with similar mechanics of not expecting it to be any good anyways - so not trying to swap out prizes. So I just didn't try out the maps on beta.

On live I was more careful and created some good treasure digs - and I definitely think it was the best way to spend diamonds on the event. But I do have sympathy for those who ended up going "wait what, i'm supposed to care about picking treasures?" And can believe that a "junk this set" option might lead to spending on the next set for some.

The Last Diesel

It seems like the calendar and some other portions of the event mimic a loot box mechanic, I thought that to be part of Google play store they had to let people know the odds for stuff like that?

xivarmy

It seems like the calendar and some other portions of the event mimic a loot box mechanic, I thought that to be part of Google play store they had to let people know the odds for stuff like that?
They do let you know odds of the particular maps you roll through.

When you click the ? by a particular swap it gives you a list of things that they state are equally likely when you press the swap button (which is more or less the portion that is like a loot box). Each swap removes one item from the list (the one that rolled and you now can accept), and increases the cost to roll between the remaining items.

They don't let you know how often an item (like a cartographer) is expected to show up in the list in the first place - but i think they can make the case that that's a different box you weren't offered in that instance.

stymie of Suwannee

I feel lucky for 3 Cartographers on one pass. Went ahead and got $10 of diamonds to secure them now (probably spent 6000 before purchase). A few extra diamonds might be needed to secure the Calendar, but lots of doubloons (1335) might get me the last 4 days, catching me up. I’m happy with the results.

Dursland

I went through a whole treasure map AFTER the Carto drop nerf and a grand total of 1 Cart showed up. The last FP is 200 so is about 1200 FP per full rotation. Before the nerf I picked up 8 across two maps , first 5 and second one 3. The odds really stink to get one after the nerf
I got lucky then. I had 3 lined up before the nerf. Then got 9 more to show up in the next 2 1/2 maps, so 12 total from 3.

Dursland

If you lay down the level 9 and hit them with your BG you can gain the tops a lot faster than just getting them with the cartos by themselves. They make a much higher rate of tops than the Carts and the converse is true for the Level 9
That's good advice. I had waited until my full upgrade was done before I put down 3rd Buc's Bay but this time I will put down my 4th when it's a lv 9 trading post and collect fragments that way :)

Edward _MMXIII

So they're giving the trading post for free .....

BUT

IF I do not reach Sir Price

THEN I do not buy the $15 price line !

Simple enough ?!?

CDmark

So, I was wondering, if someone gets 100 Viceroy fragments and doesn't get to 460, how would they get the other 50. LET'S ASSUME, they aren't getting 60 from the treasure map. Other event buildings would spawn Gold level fragments (or the panda statue). But the Gov Villa, is it a get the 150 or you are stuck with 50 or 100? Current event buildings getting gold have been full Gold upgrades via a prize in Beta, Fellowship and Soccer Events.

MJ Artisan of War

Maybe not the right place for the question but here goes: I purchased the upper tier rewards but haven't made very good progress and I find myself at the penultimate hour wondering if I should purchase diamonds (or a package if one will be available w/event currency) in an attempt to gain a better shot at the upper tier prizes + a better array of my 'gifts' from Treasure Map Dealer. Not a single Cartographer's House in the group, darn it, but some other stuff that I could live with - IF - I had enough time to go through the grouping of gifts again on the off-chance that I'll earn something I'd rather have.

So - final question - did I wait too long? What I'd like to earn are
  1. Cartographer's House (the more the merrier but even one would make me happy)
  2. Would love another Kit for the Privateer's Boathouse as I'm missing one level for a fully upgraded one & still need to possibly use the 1 kit I do have to upgrade Trading Post #2 to Buccaneer's Bay. :(
  3. Epic Kits - Iike them as a fall-back due to the number of choices I get.
  4. Is there something else that's really special that I've forgotten? I seem to think there was a specialty upgrade of some sort.
I know that it's 2995 diamonds to take all 8 of the ones I currently have lined up and would guess that I could be satisfied with one more shot at it to obtain what I'd like, so that's 5990 diamonds. I'd also like to consider the Calendar Prize as I really like the total package. I'm missing a total of 10 spots (not counting last night's/today's, so 11 total) with 2 more to go for a full calendar. That's 300 diamonds but I'm not really sure if that means 300 diamonds per slot or ??? (My guess is yes, 300 per slot so worst case scenario would be 13x300=3900 diamonds bringing my 'total' so far up to 9890 diamonds minimum for a chance at all calander days + 2 rounds of treasure map prizes. (Am I getting that right?) **I did not take into account how many diamonds I might need to purchase extra turns to earn more tier rewards or if I can't get event currency with my diamond purchases - so that expense of 1050 diamonds for each 100 event currency was not factored in. I also have not yet factored in the possible key parts/whole keys I might earn between daily challenges and turns in the mini-game itself. I only have 1 of 4 left to go towards a full key as of this writing.**

Are my odds anywhere near 'good' to achieve a chance at these goals and does anyone actually know if they'll have another diamond/currency special. Seems to me that the people who generally reply to these announcement might be able to help me with the needed info/stats so that I can decide before it really is too late!! :confused: I didn't wish to bog down the feedback thread with a personal question but if anyone might be able to help me w/the question regarding # of diamonds or diamonds/currency, I'd be grateful! (If you don't wish to answer here, a pm would be great!) Thank you so much!
INNO would LOVE for You to BUY diamonds & the Prize Line..... All about the cash flow.... $$$

Emberguard

I tried to find this in the previous comments/posts but couldn't - how do you get frags for the Viceroy's Villa upgrade after the event is over? (Everyone I know is asking and we're all stymied). Is that something that was also nerfed? Seems odd. :(
Unknown. This is the first time it's shown up and Golden upgrades haven't been around long enough to have a precedent on reappearing

The most logical assumption would be it'll probably appear in future events, but it is just that. A assumption

Ebeondi Asi

I tried to find this in the previous comments/posts but couldn't - how do you get frags for the Viceroy's Villa upgrade after the event is over? (Everyone I know is asking and we're all stymied). Is that something that was also nerfed? Seems odd. :(
Looks like no Viceroy Villa fragments will be available beyond the end of the event at all. But Inno have been adding plenty of extra things from odd events into packages in new Events.. Though not for Viceroy in the next two per Beta data.
The Summer event seems to have reduced how many Viceroy fragments from the Treasure Map selections possible the last week-plus. So that is also a factor. and i would say if you don't have enough, you are unlikely to get any more from the Treasure Map unless very lucky.
I doubt i would find any more VV upgrade fragments even if looking for them, and any in the prize line are far too many steps away to even consider those. thus I have pretty much stopped bothering to play the event the last few days..

Last edited:

xivarmy

Maybe not the right place for the question but here goes: I purchased the upper tier rewards but haven't made very good progress and I find myself at the penultimate hour wondering if I should purchase diamonds (or a package if one will be available w/event currency) in an attempt to gain a better shot at the upper tier prizes + a better array of my 'gifts' from Treasure Map Dealer. Not a single Cartographer's House in the group, darn it, but some other stuff that I could live with - IF - I had enough time to go through the grouping of gifts again on the off-chance that I'll earn something I'd rather have.

So - final question - did I wait too long? What I'd like to earn are
  1. Cartographer's House (the more the merrier but even one would make me happy)
  2. Would love another Kit for the Privateer's Boathouse as I'm missing one level for a fully upgraded one & still need to possibly use the 1 kit I do have to upgrade Trading Post #2 to Buccaneer's Bay. :(
  3. Epic Kits - Iike them as a fall-back due to the number of choices I get.
  4. Is there something else that's really special that I've forgotten? I seem to think there was a specialty upgrade of some sort.
I know that it's 2995 diamonds to take all 8 of the ones I currently have lined up and would guess that I could be satisfied with one more shot at it to obtain what I'd like, so that's 5990 diamonds. I'd also like to consider the Calendar Prize as I really like the total package. I'm missing a total of 10 spots (not counting last night's/today's, so 11 total) with 2 more to go for a full calendar. That's 300 diamonds but I'm not really sure if that means 300 diamonds per slot or ??? (My guess is yes, 300 per slot so worst case scenario would be 13x300=3900 diamonds bringing my 'total' so far up to 9890 diamonds minimum for a chance at all calander days + 2 rounds of treasure map prizes. (Am I getting that right?) **I did not take into account how many diamonds I might need to purchase extra turns to earn more tier rewards or if I can't get event currency with my diamond purchases - so that expense of 1050 diamonds for each 100 event currency was not factored in. I also have not yet factored in the possible key parts/whole keys I might earn between daily challenges and turns in the mini-game itself. I only have 1 of 4 left to go towards a full key as of this writing.**

Are my odds anywhere near 'good' to achieve a chance at these goals and does anyone actually know if they'll have another diamond/currency special. Seems to me that the people who generally reply to these announcement might be able to help me with the needed info/stats so that I can decide before it really is too late!! :confused: I didn't wish to bog down the feedback thread with a personal question but if anyone might be able to help me w/the question regarding # of diamonds or diamonds/currency, I'd be grateful! (If you don't wish to answer here, a pm would be great!) Thank you so much!

It's likely you'll have at least one shot to get a cartographer in 8 maps (even after the rate nerf I've been getting 2-3 opportunities per set of 8 maps I tried) - check the ? on each side to see if you can swap into it.

Though you do also need enough doubloons left to get those 8 maps (say something like 300 doubloons) as they don't save up.

If neither side has a cartographer you might want to do a more flexible swap into 1 of a few things (could be extra calendar help in the form of wildcard fragments, extra trading post upgrades, extra frags for viceroy or buccaneer bay level, extra doubloons). Extra things you're willing to settle for on a side will help keep the swap cost down while still guaranteeing that you get 8 things that are "useful" to you - the only thing I'd swap to the end for is a cartographer's house.

If the current 8 prizes are *nothing* you want though, I'm not sure if I'd go in for it with a 3k upfront cost before you can even see what you'll get.

It seems likely to me the final special will be the Epic Summer Selection Kit with an option to use that for a final upgrade for your boathouse as it's available as a swap-out and has not shown up yet - probably the last few hours segment like it was last event.

It's unlikely that you'll finish the buccaneer's bay upgrade efficiently by anything being discussed. You might get 30 more fragments here or there to cut off a little time, but I wouldn't use that as a motivation to spend more. Just build the level 9 and let it help things along.

Dursland

600+ doubloons spent and no key, but came away with 5 buccaneers hideout kits.

Even with extra key pieces from maps and extra doubloons purchased, I'm still going to have to spend 800-1200 diamonds for Skull Cave.

I feel bad for all those people who attempted to finish it for free. Hopefully most wised up early on and didn't waste doubloons trying.

Jackshat

Looks like no Viceroy Villa fragments will be available beyond the end of the event at all. But Inno have been adding plenty of extra things from odd events into packages in new Events.. Though not for Viceroy in the next two per Beta data.
The Summer event seems to have reduces how many Viceroy fragments from the Treasure Map selections possible the last week-plus. So that is also a factor. and i would say if you don't have enough, you are unlikely to get any more from the Treasure Map unless very lucky.
I doubt i would find any more VV upgrade fragments even if looking for them, and any in the prize line are far too many steps away to even consider those. thus I have pretty much stopped bothering to play the event the last few days..
Well, I have plenty and I have zero intentions to use them. If AD actually sells or auctions off items we sell to it, then they'll appear there...eventually.

Dursland

I don't know what some people are on about with "they don't work" but the new potions are absolutely splendid.

I just activated 300%/1000% boost for GBG start and it got me almost 20 points above my usual max attrition. Did nearly 200 fights in 15 min.