• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tavern Friends

DeletedUser13552

Are guild mates allowed in your tavern? Or only those on your friends list?

DeletedUser7289

Although a guildmate could be on your friends list, and thereby enter the tavern.

Ylisaveta

No, according to the moderators and the Community Manager on beta. There are no plans to increase or change the friends' list.

DeletedUser25273

You don't need to delete 20 friends (and in fact my understanding is it would be bad to). My understanding on the delete 20 friend comment is that if you HAVEN'T yet deleted 20 friends, then new friends can immediately go to your tavern. If you have deleted 20 friends, then new friends need to wait the 24 hour timeout before they can go to your tavern, this is to keep people from pushing tavern rewards by getting someone to be a friend, you do your tavern stuff with each other, then you delete the friend and repeat with someone else, to infinity and beyond. A bit like the strategy of guild churning to earn lots of 20 coin and BP chances.

Ylisaveta

What nomad Richie said ;)

When the Friend's Tavern went live in beta, some people went nuts churning through friends. Add, sit in each others' taverns, delete, rinse, repeat. And, really, you want more than 140? It's a time sink already, since you can't just go an sit in someone's tavern, there has to be an open seat and everyone starts with only 3 seats. You have to use your tavern silver (or diamonds) to enlarge your table and buy more seats, and keep clearing your tavern. Then go back and check the friends whose taverns were full. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser13552

What nomad Richie said ;)

When the Friend's Tavern went live in beta, some people went nuts churning through friends. Add, sit in each others' taverns, delete, rinse, repeat. And, really, you want more than 140? It's a time sink already, since you can't just go an sit in someone's tavern, there has to be an open seat and everyone starts with only 3 seats. You have to use your tavern silver (or diamonds) to enlarge your table and buy more seats, and keep clearing your tavern. Then go back and check the friends whose taverns were full. :rolleyes:

Sounds a lot like work. Another PITA move by Inno

wolfhoundtoo

It's meant to encourage you to spend more time playing the game........that after all is the goal for Inno. o_O

If it's not for you then don't do it. Problem solved. :D

Ylisaveta

Exactly, wolfhoundtoo. Also, it will sell some diamonds, since you can more quickly expand your tavern that way. I'm pretty sure that's part of the plan. ;)

I do think that it will help people expand their friends' list if they play the tavern game. Some are really into it, and you can send a friend request directly from someone else's tavern. That's the best strategy if you have invites, since if they're visiting taverns, that's a person you want to friend. And others will send you invites when they see you. My list in beta is full now of active players, and it wasn't before. We'll see if the novelty wears off after a few days or weeks.

Algona

INNO needs to program games to play at the Tavern. Checkers, Diplomacy, tic-tac-toe, Magic, Blood Bowl, etc,

babsy57

Sounds a lot like work. Another PITA move by Inno[/QUOT

Currently, I agree (a bit of a pain). However, Inno is aware there is a problem monitoring the vacancy/full capcacity of the Tavern. Beta users were advised, that issue has been addressed with programming. There was some discussion of implementing a color coding system. Hopefully, when/if implemented, it should make it easier and more enjoyable for the players to know if the Tavern is full or empty. Also, there are some benefits using your coins for bonus in the Tavern.

DeletedUser2927

I tried to propose that the chair icon disappear after taking a seat like the crossed swords do in the neighborhood after fighting. It didn't take for some reason or I just can't find it again.

DeletedUser26660

You don't need to delete 20 friends (and in fact my understanding is it would be bad to). My understanding on the delete 20 friend comment is that if you HAVEN'T yet deleted 20 friends, then new friends can immediately go to your tavern.

I can confirm that this is correct, I have not deleted any friends and today I accepted a new friend request and both of us were able immediately to visit each others Tavern.

Algona

Is their any benefit/reward for me visiting a tavern?

No there is no immediate reward for visiting another tavern.

Some players may watch close enough to see who is not visiting regularly and remove those players ftom their friends list, but I don;t see that happening too often until INNO adds a way of easily seeing it. Maybe a new tab in the town hall? I don;t see that happening soon.

DeletedUser26660

What would be useful is if the 'visit your friends tavern' button at bottom right of each friend grayed out and became non-clickable when you have visited it until the 24 hour period is up, similar sort of thing as the aid button which changes to the 24 hr countdown function.

This would save us having to continually visit each friend to see if we have already been there, we would see at a glance who we have visited and who we need to visit still, same as we see aiding at a glance now.