• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tell us your favorite Forge moments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NocturnoCulto

I began playing Forge of Empires after I learned about having Osteomyelitis in late 2019, I learned that I was going to have to constantly be at hospital receiving antibiotic infusions and I needed something to do! I decided to start playing Forge of Empires, and I have enjoyed playing it ever since then! I really look forward to new eras, the people who I made friendships with, and looking forward to surprises that come our way! I was able to get through the antibiotic treatment and I've still been playing everyday! I even found that I preferred to play Forge of Empires than my console games! I thank you for the great times you've given me with Forge of Empires! And a huge Congratulations and Happy 10th Birthday on the upcoming anniversary! I hope that FoE will continue to be fun, exciting, and surprising!

Podling

I don't have any one moment in particular to share.

I began playing about a year ago, while we were still in full lockdown mode. Because I live alone my social contacts were severely curtailed and I badly needed an outlet. For me the game was a welcome way to connect with new people at a time when it was hard to connect with people at all. The game helped me forge new friendships and provided a distraction from the daily news.

I made friends. I made enemies. I joined guilds and found comrades in arms. I watched tutorials and read guides and a year later I'm still learning new things about the game every day. None of this can be encapsulated in a single moment; it's the sum of the experiences that have made Forge of Empires a part of my life and for that I am grateful.

UBERhelp1

To be honest, the question for me is impossible to answer. I can't give just one story. For the past (nearly) four years, playing this game has literally changed my life. I nearly left the game a couple months into playing, until I started a new world and got accepted into the guild I am still in today. They helped me, motivated me to play, and became almost like a second family. Many of those original players don't play anymore, but now as a leader of that guild I do my best to take that mentality forward to new guildies and build a stronger guild. Without that guild (Last Dynasty, on Angkor, now known as Arc Dynasty) I would have quit. But because of their kindness to a new player that knew nothing, I am in their debt. Without them, I never would have stayed long enough to see the Cultural Settlements launch, never have written a horrible guide for them, and never posted it on this forum.

Without the community of this game, I never would have revised that first version of the guide, and made it into something I could actually be proud of. I also never would have written the Higher Age Units Guide, one of the most viewed guides in the game's entire history.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the Forge of Empires is much more than a game to me. It's a game, yes, but also a place to meet incredible people I never would have, to have fun and support each other, and to each continue to build each other, like our cities, stronger and better,

The Lady Gator

A little over 9 years ago I met a guy who loved playing this game. He tried to get me into it, but it just seemed to complicated. After a month or so, I did get into it. We ended up spending a lot of time together working the game, trying to "outdo" each other as well as comprehending the updates and how to use them to our advange. We ended up spending so much time over this game we ended up great friends....best friends and got married. We will be married 10 years in July and to this day, we strive over this game. In one world I am kicking his butt, another he mine.......... We have made some great friends and can't wait to get on........Course, a lot of house work has got neglected. Now we are retired and are on this constantly and still learning........Thank you FOE!

EmperorJim

I have been playing for almost 2 years and my favorite memory is finding a player that sniped me and making friends with him when he offered me a deal that was too good to turn down ! Been working with him ever since in O-World. I opened a new city in A-World the first of this year and joined a great guild with many people that help in every way possible. I am retired and play F.O.E every day from 4 AM till 6 PM. My only breaks are for Doctor visits and the like !!

Manor Witch

I started play Nov 2021. I have made a number of friends and a few enemies. My best moment was finding a fellowship that is so kind and helpful compared to the first one I joined. Having a good fellowship to help newbies is the best thing about FOE. Freedom to choose your gaming family.

Bishop1229

I've been playing FoE for 3 years next month. In that time, I have made some real life friends. We talk on the phone or on video chat. I've made friends that I only talk to in the game, but they are folks that I talk to about real like stuff, not just things pertaining to the game. Several of my game friends have confided in me as well. When I first came of (game) age to join a guild, a player contacted me. I've been with many of the same guildies ever since. I really did not expect the social aspect of this game, but that side of it has become extremely important to me. We give one another game advice....and oftentimes advice on things in the real world. These friendships are what keep me playing.

The Lady Redneck

Where to Start............ I have been playing for around 9 years. Was lucky enough to get into a really good guild early on, but then had to leave the game when we moved to an area that had no internet access. When I did get internet again so many new worlds were opening I spent the next years world hopping. So eventually played in them all. I played in farming guild, fighting guilds, and bit of everything guilds. Made a lot of friends and a few enemies. And have ended up full circle back playing with the guys that were in that first really good guild I was in. In one guild (Sorry cannot remember which world) I asked a question and this guy answered it. I thanked him and said it sounded like he really knew the game. Another guildie messaged me laughing and said "That is Anwar... I think he should know". This dumb noob was no wiser so asked what made him special. And was told. That certainly was a moment to remember.

But the thing that makes the game for me. Is that for 2 years I cared for the best friend I will ever have. He was terminally ill. Although I did have great help and support, there were times when I did need somewhere to go that did take me away from all that was going on. At those time This game was my release and helped me get through the rough times. Then just over 3 years ago I took ill myself so with that, then all the mess of Covid I have been virtually housebound. Again this game has been a sanity saver. I have recently had the needed surgery and am well on the mend. Yes my new found health means I am spending more time away from my computer and this game. But not enough to jeopardize the progress I am now making in the best guild with the best bunch of people in the game.

So I congratulate INNO games for 10 years of FoE with all its ups and downs.

Agaselle

Hello!
Use this thread to submit your moments!
Read this topic for more information about it.
We very much look forward to your stories.
Have fun!
How different players see me and treat me.I am actually a simple guild administrator which loves to send members the messages they need to advance in theire own game. The thrill always comes when the answer is with happy responds.
Never had so much joy out of any game ever to compare is not possable. Friends of the guild have many tasks that together seems to work easy going. Forge of Empires is an easy going game , thats why so many people play it. Lets not forget the Inno staff members who always give quick and positive responds to all kind of situations.
Fun part....//winning battles in different battle situations like battleground or PvP.
Action part...//working on the guildstaff actively with others.....
Creative part...//building an empire city of buildings surrounded by landscaped expansions....
Events with surprise box...// enjoying the hypnotic travel back and forth of the ferry boat at the St.Patricks day event...

Last edited:

Just An Observer

Unlike a game store, where playtime is limited compared to being at home and online, FoE lets me use up my gaming energy at any hour on any day. The TV commercials led me here when the pandemic exploded in spring 2020. What I discovered was a very rich and in-depth experience that sees a lot of evolution take place. There is the game side and then we have the people side. Both combine well to reward cooperative efforts.

Despite the potholes which come along from time to time, I am still here after almost 2 years. The time spent has been worthwhile. Thank heavens the pandemic hit in 2020 instead of 1990 as life at home would be a lot more boring without a fine online game to play!

WinnerGR

It would seem that for many of us here this is an impossible questions. One that can never truly be answered. Forge of Empires has brought so much to every single one of our lives and for the past couple years (its now almost coming up to three for me, which is very scary) no day has ever been the same. I may not play the game like used to (~24/7 LoL) but still this community and its staff (All Inno-Games staff) have never failed to surprise me.

A good place to start is the beginning. Now I had a very slow beginning as I started playing as what I think was a 'guest' on the mobile edition of Forge of Empires. While playing on mobile I made little to no progress because my interests were elsewhere however in September of that year I registered this account on my PC and from there I met a whole host of wonderful people who guided me up to were I am today. I joined a guild that built me up from nothing to a level 15 Arc and 8 Traz for virtually nothing. I regret that I can no longer be with this guild due to its increased requirements and my prolonged periods of inactivity.

These feats may not sound like much to most of you here today but to me they mean a lot and have a very special place in my heart and I think this is probably because of Covid-19. In March 2020 England locked down and I suffered a lot of mental problems almost immediately, I just could not cope with it but FoE helped me through it and that was probably when I made my most progress and memories.

There are so many more things I could say - I could write an entire 10,000 word essay if I had to - but I think a lot of it has already been said and I would like to echo what UBERhelp1 has said about FoE being more than a game. It is genuinely, again as UBERhelp1 has said, 'a place to meet incredible people I never would have, to have fun and support each other, and to each continue to build each other, like our cities, stronger and better'.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a big shout out to @UBERhelp1 for all he has done for so many of us with his most in-depth guides.

So I cannot stress how much this game and community has changed my life and I wish FoE the most happy birthday ever and cannot wait for all of the festivities to swing into full force later this year.

So say we all!

Last edited:

n3m0

I lost my 3 of my siblings due to covid, and I survived it. Devastated in real life, I felt hurt, lonely and I just want to give up of life. Then I accidentally found FoE.

I played this game for 3 months as my way to escape from reality and hurt, then .Diana. from Knights Templar found me. That's how my new journey begin. I found a new family, and I love them, Knights Templar. They help me to get through my life and they are always there to support me, especially .Diana. and Blaise... So, thank you Inno for giving us the platform to allow this happen.

AsuranDragoon

I joined about two years ago now. At first, I was a loner. Then found a guild I liked but over a period of several months it died, and I decided I had to find a new guild when I was the only one logging on.

That's when I found Expedition Empire on Dunarsund. They were welcoming and were everything I didn't know I'd been missing in a guild. Now when I feel beaten down in life, I've got a place to hang out and these friends whom I consider as close to family as I can get on here, are actually important to me. I love them all. We've been there for each other through broken dishwashers (flooding everywhere), surgery, and sickness. Through helping our guild members get Arcs up and through some amazing GBG or GE runs. They make it fun to login everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.