• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tell us your favorite Forge moments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilerance

I started playing Foe in December of 2017 after my father passed away to help me take my mind off of...everything really...at first I didn't get swept away by it
but in time i did...I remember not even knowing what Ge was and being afraid to play it! I myself am disabled now so i enjoy building and leading like i used to do in the real world. It gives me great satisfaction that even though our original Guild Platform (Victorions) was taken from us that my Guild still managed to stick together...regroup and carry on as Black SunShine to become one of the top Guilds in Cigard...my best moment is every single day when i log on and get to see and greet my guildand its members!

elnyry

I started playing FoE three months ago and it is so fun.. I'm generally interested in strategy games (and coupled with access to computers most of the time and some almost OCD), this seems to be a good fit :D, as a game..

Honestly, the only challenge is limiting my time here and maintaining a balance in life and some discipline. I'm hoping that'll be the big lesson for life in general - to maintain that balance.

The guild's I've been part of and users I've reached out have been very helpful; I was pleasantly surprised. For some reason, this is unlike general internet or social media in that there are people that are helpful, investing time in helping new users and pleasant, that is really amazing.. Thanks for the joy and satisfaction this game has given. (Enjoy responsibly :D )

..Boudica..

Building A Guild

My favorite Forge moment was when the guild I built w all noobs (save me) became a community; the guild was populated w an almost magical mix of folks. I took folks under my wing, taught 60 folks to FoE and almost 2 years in, all my OGs are still there, a couple new folks but essentially the same group. Couple months back I decided they didn't need me anymore and I wanted to play so I jumped out, left the Founder role to my Captain, who was there at the very beginning. I've been Forging w one of top guilds on my server. Put on 10M points in no time. It was refreshing to just play my own game again without logging in to 5 hundred messages all needing something. But over the holidays I visited the old Guild for a week and I was so pleased to see all the original members still there, instead of a single leader they've formed a board of directors and run the guild that way. The team spirit I looked for back when I was recruiting was still inherent and I was so proud to see how far they've come, how well they were doing. It made me so happy to see them all again and I felt they were ready to 1.9 so I started a couple of threads; one w directions and off-thread chat and a proper 1.9 and once again they came together to learn how, yes the messages were pouring in again lol but they are doing great! When I left to go back to the guild I'd joined I went feeling so proud of all of them for they way have remained a cohesive group helping each other. I'm very proud of that guild. I still get messages from them and I'm glad to pick up trades or explain something and I hear from the members of the board, too; one of my leaders thanked me for everything I did building that guild and he marveled at how by myself I ran it for almost 2 years and conceded it was a lot of work; they have 5 members working together to do what I did alone. I built a strong competitive guild of folks who Forge so well together. They're doing great and it makes my heart swell w pride
:[)

xeon2

Think eight years ago built a stone age hut. From that hut I traveled throughout history building actual historical architecture in age and structure. Like a classroom I've learned our history. From the start building a hut, getting a few supplies, training some troops; hours at a time. I had a new job after retirement. The guilds opened the way for endless trade and a community worth battling with for the benefits of all us. Years later even though I have a city, not a town, resources plentiful, powerful army; the game never loses the interest in the constant build or arrangement filling a present need or able to help the others make their place in history. Besides there's always another world to travel to that always keeps going further into the future.

SpinDrifter

I found FoE after a few months of the Covid lock down. From the beginning it helped me keep my sanity as I was in lockdown mode, with no work. I am fortunate that I had funds, but day after day - locked away from everything - this was my lifeline.

Thank you. I'm currently at 93 mil city, so obviously have advanced. Very, very grateful.

JoeTheShmoe

I love how FoE encourages creative cooperation and community team building! That draws people in to wonderful friendships, both in the game and sometimes in Real Life (RL.)

I have one of those crossover stories, with quite a surprise.

A player in my guild offered FP to anyone willing to spend time in RL helping him improve his conversational English for an upcoming test.

I sensed a good opportunity and we spoke several times...resulting in a great friendship.

I love learning abut cultures, and he gladly shared about his. To my surprise, he lives halfway around the world, in a nation that allows freedom for online game playing, yet has little freedom in Real Life. In fact, his country has a history of being literally *enemies* of ours! Yet his description of his community, his people, their lives, their food (yum!), their interests, and so much more… were all quite different from what most people have thought. The book literally needs to be rewritten about his part of the world.

In the meantime, he continues to learn more English, and hopes to someday achieve the RL freedom that he longs for, to go with the online freedom and community we have discovered in Forge of Empires.

I feel privileged just to be part of that.

Zues6969

The Adventures of Play in FoE

I began playing FoE about 2.5 years ago on a whim (tv commercial). This was my first experiment in online gaming. I was impressed with the graphics of the game and the story was entertaining. I soon found the game challenging and fun.

I got to meeting other players, through the normal play at the lower levels. I learned a little about the game as we plotted along. I continued to push through the game.

I got to where I could join a guild. Not knowing what to look for in a guild I joined on the name. I started playing the game more in earnest. I learned some guilds are not so good for aiding newer players. I could not get help nor get GE levels unlocked. This caused me to start to lose interest in the game.

It was at this time that I met a player named Dragon Blade Raven (DBR). In the following three weeks I had learned more about FoE play, strategies, and the true enjoyment of the game thanks to DBR. I soon inquired if his guild “Hel Hath No Fury”, he said he would pass my name to the guild leader Saknika (Sak). I was accepted in to the guild.

This is where I truly found the enjoyment of the game. I had found a guild that aided new players. After Q & A session with Sak to determine what style of player I wanted to be she suggested a strategy for me. Following this advice and with the aid of the members of the guild I planted the fighting trio (Zeus, CDM, & CoA) in less than a week.

The best thing in the guild is the friendship’s that I have developed during the play. I have acquired friends from all over the world. We not only discuss the game issues & strategies, we discuss what everyone does, personal issues and events. We have a good time as we dive head long into the game. It has produced a very strong guild.

Still, game changes and real lives issues have taken a whack at the guild. Yet as we have built not only a strong game guild. We have built long term friendships. We strive to stick out the hard times and to continue our friendships.

As an older person with health issues, this game gives me some very important returns. Friends, communications, and mind work to keep things functioning properly.

For these reasons, I shall continue to play this game knowing full well it is fantasy. Yet realizing the players I have formed friendships with will stay in my mind.

To my guild mate’s thanks for the great experiences, friendship, and comradeship. Looking forward to great new adventures in the FoE world.

treyn21

My defining moment in my almost 6 years of playing came last July when I flew from the U.S. to Belgium to meet a guild mate. I had been going through a separation/divorce and my guild mates had done counseling (of sorts). One guild mate in particular saved me from myself. Spent 10 days there seeing the Waterloo Battlefield and the Atomium in Brussels. And of course indulging in the Belgian waffles and chocolates. My friend & I had several dinners together and a picnic. Of course FoE was the topic of discussion on many occasions. She put me at ease & made the return trip very comfortable for me.
If it wasn’t for her & her timely words, I might not even be playing let alone on here today. Thanks

My favorite Forge moment came at 4:29 a.m. EST on a chilly March morning about a year ago. A 77-year-old grandmother, I’d never played a computer game before Forge (unless you count a brief flirtation with Pac-Man back when my kids were young). My elder son introduced me to Forge in December 2020, and my eight-year-old granddaughter taught me the basics (especially how to look for what she called “incidents,” which turned out to be like an Easter egg hunt). Fun, but I was a slow learner, finding it hard to move buildings and never really catching on to the January Forge Bowl.

By February and the 2021 St. Pat’s Event, I’d gotten a bit of the hang of the game. When the last day of the event rolled around, I’d finished about half the questline. I looked at my resources and realized that in the 12 or so hours remaining in the event, I could make some real progress. At 6 p.m., I committed to staying up all night to see how far I could get. My smart husband, of course, went to bed as usual, but I sat in my darkened family room, eyes glued to my working city, then my event city, in a no-holds-barred frame of mind—it’s all virtual, right? In the dark hours of that morning, I realized that I could accomplish a lot of quests—by spending resources, building, selling, building again, generally giving myself over to this little universe, making things happen, and having fun. What game-playing means, I finally understood—nothing ventured, nothing gained! Take a chance! Be surprised!

No, I didn’t end up with the event grand prize—I’d have had to start much earlier and had more resources to get there—but I got some prizes and had the thrill of watching the event end, with a whimper rather than a bang, the production engines slowing, then stopping and at 4:30 a.m. exactly, disappearing. Plus I became the stuff of legends among my kids and grandkids, for having pulled a Forge all-nighter in my eighth decade.

Since then, I’ve completed every event, reaching the Silver League (and with no all-nighters!); done 64 Guild Expedition encounters every week; gotten my Arc to level 80; and delighted daily in my beautiful, functioning city. Ah, the joys of Forge!

Koyunbaba1

I joined forge of empires for the first time in December 2021. I recently got COVID and took sick leave sat home. At my 8-year old son’s urging I started playing the game. I was pleasantly surprised. First the game did not force you to watch ads which was a very good thing and refreshing given the route many other games took. More importantly, not obvious at first but the game itself has been crafted by people who has very solid background in game theory. It is an excellent experiment in creating an environment with many players with rational expectations, searching for cooperative outcomes in guilds and arbitrage opportunities outside. Beautifully made. So far I played only half the winter event and the forge bowl event. They were both excellent designs, again great application of game theory. It has been only three months and I am hooked. Tomorrow the St Patricks event will start. This game is one of the positive things for me of late 2021 and early 2022 during pandemic. Kudos to the game producers.

Toshaleza

I've been playing over 18 months. Love the detail of the graphics, Latest discovery is that Vertical Farm has 'hybrid' fruit and vegetables - banana berry :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.