• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Telling the difference between types of roads

DeletedUser10517

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

It's the type of road that matters. The green highlighting is shown on the ground underneath the road, but later-age roads (and two-lane roads) almost fill up the square so you can't see it easily.

DeletedUser10517

It's the type of road that matters. The green highlighting is shown on the ground underneath the road, but later-age roads (and two-lane roads) almost fill up the square so you can't see it easily.

Its the same with all roads.

DeletedUser8152

Its the same with all roads.

Here's when you try to build a trail on top of a trail:
trail.png

Here's building a walkway on top of a walkway:
walkway.png

DeletedUser10517

Here's when you try to build a trail on top of a trail:
trail.png

Here's building a walkway on top of a walkway:
walkway.png

For YOU....NOT for me. There is no way to tell, other than the minute dots as shown on my screenshot. With 1x1 roads and paths its actually harder to see them.

DeletedUser37344

On second view: It looks like +5 happiness is the only advantage but if each path gives +5 it may be significant.

Emberguard

When I hover over a road, I do not get information telling me what type of road or path it is, and they are very difficult to tell apart.

I dont want to sell roads that I have paid for with diamonds........so is there an easy way to tell which they are?
Good news, the game now has reconstruction mode at the end of the Iron Age tech.

Use that to pick up all your roads then put them back down in order of what road is what. You should now know which ones to sell
What's the advantage of the trail upgrade in the Bronze Age?
On second view: It looks like +5 happiness is the only advantage but if each path gives +5 it may be significant.
Yes, it's +5 per square. As you advance through the game upgrading your roads will help enormously in keeping your people enthusiastic. It's a big deal purely because it's improving on space that can never be used for anything else

By Industrial age each sett path gives +30 happiness. Which in my city gives a total of 4,320 happiness