• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Terracotta Army

DeletedUser27184

This GB is currently seems to be mediocre at best for my play style, and I wonder how it is seems to you.

I, don't use defense in my city. I sit on practically zero defense (more or less, I got a few points from some event buildings and such) and I very rarely get attacked and even more rarely getting plundered. So the buff for the defense army is useless for me.

The buff for the attacking army is small and very expensive. 20% at level 10 for 1160FP (level 10). Zeus, by comparison will cost you only 510 per the same level, and bring you to 30% attack power. Half the price for 50% more juice. Interestingly enough CoA+Zeus gives 60% over all, for less FP's (1110FP combined for level 10 for both of those).

Even the CdM is not as costly, and its second buff is much more useful, as it brings more FP.

By the way, if I was more defense minded, the Basil + Zeus gives you 30% on both attack and defense armies (and not 20%) and cost together about the same as the Terracotta Army.

This building is over priced a lot, even if you find the defense buff worthy.

ODragon

As I said in the other thread, it is pretty boring and unimaginative but I would like one.

If you are someone who plunders a lot, you will always get attacked back sometimes and 200% isn't really enough to keep people with 100% attack bonus at bay. The terrible AI + inability to actually hurt the enemy lets them win.

I personally find the defense GBs to be a waste of space for what they give. This one at least gives a good secondary if you consider the defense as the primary.

FWIW, you're wrong. Zeus does not provide any boost when defending, only Deal and Basil do.

DeletedUser31540

This GB is currently seems to be mediocre at best for my play style, and I wonder how it is seems to you.

I, don't use defense in my city. I sit on practically zero defense (more or less, I got a few points from some event buildings and such) and I very rarely get attacked and even more rarely getting plundered. So the buff for the defense army is useless for me.

The buff for the attacking army is small and very expensive. 20% at level 10 for 1160FP (level 10). Zeus, by comparison will cost you only 510 per the same level, and bring you to 30% attack power. Half the price for 50% more juice. Interestingly enough CoA+Zeus gives 60% over all, for less FP's (1110FP combined for level 10 for both of those).

Even the CdM is not as costly, and its second buff is much more useful, as it brings more FP.

By the way, if I was more defense minded, the Basil + Zeus gives you 30% on both attack and defense armies (and not 20%) and cost together about the same as the Terracotta Army.

I think terracotta army is quite good ... (maybe the 2nd best out of the 4 attacking gbs after cdm)

Its also easily better than deal castle and probably better than St basil so its either 2nd best or the best among the defensive GBs

.... that being said i am in no hurry to build this sucker .... not until my Cdm, st basil, zeus, and CoA are all in the 70s and the price of acqusition drastically decreases

DeletedUser29726

It's not aimed at people who only have level 10 or lower GBs. At the point when your Zeus, Aachen, and CdM are all past 10, terracotta army is worth 40 more levels on them. If your others are all in the 50s and 60s and now costing you 400+ FP per level, then the comparative difference of doing 40 more levels on what you've got vs a level 10 terracotta is say... 16000 FP for more levels on what you've got vs much less to drop a terracotta and take it to 10.

Now given how expensive AF+ GBs are to level, how long it is til that level 10 terracotta is worth sprinting through the sweet spot is a valid question - but it'll come up if you keep wanting more attack/defense boost while attacking.

My rough estimate for building up your A/D Bonus in terms of cost effectiveness:
Zeus, Aachen, CdM to 10
Zeus, CdM to 50+ (Zeus because cheap, CdM because it'll start paying off your expense)
Aachen to 50+
Terracotta Army to 10
Zeus, CdM, Aachen to 70+
Terracotta Army to 50+

DeletedUser32781

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While what you say is true, you’re missing one point.
If your Zeus, COA, and CDM are already level 10 or above, TA is the cheapest way to get another 20%.
TA will cost 5680 for 20%, while Zeus will cost 12528 for just 10% more.

*Arturis*

My only significant gain on TA is the defense part of my attack army. When you have Zues/Coa/Cdm up to 100, the cost to get another attack GB is not too much compared to getting your existing attack GB higher just 1 more level. Beside you can level your new GB faster just because it is new. Otherwise, you are just up to the game to have it lol

Salsuero

Well, one of the players in our world has his to level 66 so far. He gets 48% out of it. That's not terrible. But at the end of the tech tree, when most of your worthwhile GBs are in the 70+ range, and you're pretty much bleeding forge points, what else do you have left to do? He's a money player too, so he paid for the prints and goods about 5 minutes into day one after he got that first print out of the way. The rest was just getting the rest of the world to go crazy spending on prints and making those top 2 spots a swap with others who got in early on the TA so he'd never run out of prints. I had all the prints the first day it was released... and I could take it up to level 12 at this point... but I'll need to wait until folks have some excess goods to sell before I can drop mine in the mud (since I won't spend the diamonds to do it).

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 3.32.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 3.35.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 3.35.32 PM.png

I'd say it was a nice collection... if only he had the Oracle of Delphi. LOL :rolleyes::p

Last edited:

Mustapha00

Well, I was going to mention that a player on one of my Worlds had a TA to level 25 the day after VF was introduced, but that would seem to be somewhat less amazing given someone else has a level 66 within, what, four days of introduction.

As Salsuero points out, there are players out there who have who actually do have more FP than they know what to do with and so can afford to spend lavishly on new GBs (or whatever) without having to make any compromises.

When I grow up, I want to be just like them. I think.

DeletedUser29726

Well, I was going to mention that a player on one of my Worlds had a TA to level 25 the day after VF was introduced, but that would seem to be somewhat less amazing given someone else has a level 66 within, what, four days of introduction.

As Salsuero points out, there are players out there who have who actually do have more FP than they know what to do with and so can afford to spend lavishly on new GBs (or whatever) without having to make any compromises.

You might think so - until you start getting close to being just like them - then you might start getting bored instead of wanting to finish the journey ;)

Salsuero

level 66 within, what, four days of introduction

But it was only just released on the 18th. It's barely the 20th now. He had it up to level 66 in just 2-1/2 days. His TA is actually now at level 67, and ready to level in the morning to 68.

nicholas.aw

Excuse me for this silly question. I've finished Oceanic Future and now I've entered the Virtual Future. I'm lost except seeing players with the Terracotta Army. How do I actually get hold hold of the TA?

RazorbackPirate

Excuse me for this silly question. I've finished Oceanic Future and now I've entered the Virtual Future. I'm lost except seeing players with the Terracotta Army. How do I actually get hold hold of the TA?

Just like any other in age GB. Assemble a full set of prints either by donating to existing TAs for BP rewards, or waiting until the system Auto-generates them from the Aid button, Incidents, GE, the Daily Challenge, or the Shrine of Inspiration. Research the Tech Tree to unlock VF goods production and conquer provinces on the map to obtain your boosts. Then produce and trade VF goods until you assemble enough to build.

Or, once you get the first print, buy the rest, along with the goods needed to build with diamonds. Lots and lots of diamonds.

Last edited:

allupinya

Normally a GB just shows up in your inventory when you move to the next age - I've been VF for a couple weeks now, and there is still no Terracotta Army in my inventory - I believe that is what Aw Nicholas was trying to say as well. Where is the building in my inventory so I can begin amassing the goods I need to construct it?

qaccy

Normally a GB just shows up in your inventory when you move to the next age - I've been VF for a couple weeks now, and there is still no Terracotta Army in my inventory - I believe that is what Aw Nicholas was trying to say as well. Where is the building in my inventory so I can begin amassing the goods I need to construct it?

A GB never just 'shows up in your inventory'. You have to acquire at least one blueprint first. This is true for all GBs. As to your other question, nothing is stopping you from gathering goods even with none of the blueprints.

Salsuero

Just so there's no question:

500 /
450 /
500 /
450 /

You may begin.

DeletedUser13838

It's more other players leveling each others TAs to get blueprints. After the GB rewards and arc bonus the actual fp outlay isn't nearly as large as you'd think.

Salsuero

It's more other players leveling each others TAs to get blueprints. After the GB rewards and arc bonus the actual fp outlay isn't nearly as large as you'd think.

I'd say spending enough of your own FPs each level to get to level 80, both directly on yourself, but also (and sometimes more costly) in investing in enough GBs to get the prints to unlock that many levels in about a week would still qualify as having more FPs than you know what to do with. You don't necessarily have to spend them on yourself to be spending a TON of FPs getting yourself to level 80 in just a week. Getting those top spots is only profitable for a certain range of levels (and a much more limited range than the Arc). You still take major losses locking top spots outside the profitable range when moving that quick.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13838

I'd say spending enough of your own FPs each level to get to level 80, both directly on yourself, but also (and sometimes more costly) in investing in enough GBs to get the prints to unlock that many levels in about a week would still qualify as having more FPs than you know what to do with. You don't necessarily have to spend them on yourself to be spending a TON of FPs getting yourself to level 80 in just a week. Getting those top spots is only profitable for a certain range of levels (and a much more limited range than the Arc). You still take major losses locking top spots outside the profitable range.
I was taking 5th spot most of the time and was paying 6-8 fps per bp net. Compared to spending 200 diamonds per bp it really isn't much.