• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

the elephant in the room...

LaGoulue

Since the "Great Elephant" is a big deal in GBG, I've tried to find it in the more advanced cities I scout but have been unable to find it. Is it worthy anything?

Dursland

I don't think it's worth having at all. The fps/goods per tile are bad and so is the boost.

I built a Statue of Honor because at least it gives 7fp in the space but it's the only one I'll build.

Both buildings are badly outdated now and there are other options for guild goods.

Emberguard

It’s a better building than the Statue of Honor, but unfortunately also takes longer to acquire. By the time you get a advanced city if you haven’t put it down already, pretty good chance you have no need for it

Ebeondi Asi

If I listed all the stuff I once had and then threw away it would be a very long list. All those things are good until something better comes along.
The main issue is the limited size of any city. That imposes a strong need to have what is the most efficient items. Top player may decide to keep things based on how they like to play. But usually efficiency wins out over time.

Dursland

I could fit in a House of Wolf where my SoH is, at the very least. There are other good options for the space too these days.

If my city gets full and I need the space, I'll probably remove it. And I won't feel bad about it either because I have like 4 or 5 GBs making guild goods, plus a couple Fiore Villages.

Expletive Deleted

The problem with the great elephant is how long it takes to get one to the max. It looks appealing when you start after it but by the time you have it fully upgraded so many other better things will have come out that it will be next to useless.

Pericles the Lion

The problem with the great elephant is how long it takes to get one to the max. It looks appealing when you start after it but by the time you have it fully upgraded so many other better things will have come out that it will be next to useless.
On average, it takes about 13K GBG encounters on the Waterfall map to fully level the Elephant. So, how long it takes to get one depends on GBG activity. There are players that can do it in a single season.

PJS299

This seems relevant to the conversation:

In my city, I have a Terracotta Vineyard, along with a Grand King and Queen level 2. I am wondering if I should store them and auction them (I don't have too many trade coins) or if I should just sell them. I also have a full Butterfly Gardens set. Should I get rid of the Butterfly House and keep the gardens? Or should I just keep the whole set? My inventory also has an Airship lvl 11 and a Charcoal Express. Should I build those?

Sorry. Nobody in my world has given me answers!

Screenshot 2023-08-01 11.55.46.pngScreenshot 2023-08-01 11.56.22.pngScreenshot 2023-08-01 11.56.52.png

qaccy

I think that any building in your city that wasn't new in an event within the past year is probably worth replacing with something that is. Power creep's been dialed up to 11 ever since Inno came up with these golden upgrades and any building without one isn't really worth looking at unless it's a league prize or is being generated by one of those golden buildings.

Johnny B. Goode

I think that any building in your city that wasn't new in an event within the past year is probably worth replacing with something that is. Power creep's been dialed up to 11 ever since Inno came up with these golden upgrades and any building without one isn't really worth looking at unless it's a league prize or is being generated by one of those golden buildings.
While the first part of this is true, the part about golden upgrades is only applicable to those willing to spend money on the game. For those who play free (and without Diamond farms), otherwise fully upgraded buildings are definitely worth looking at. Players posting here need to remember that the average player doesn't pay for the bonus event line or use lots of Diamonds to get the golden upgrades when it's far down the regular path.

PJS299

any building without one isn't really worth looking at
I think that any building in your city that wasn't new in an event within the past year is probably worth replacing with something that is
Yes, some are certainly outdated. But I'd save them, just in case they make a golden upgrade for them. Who knows? We may be seeing a golden Ferris Wheel, or golden Golden Orrery in the future.

Azured

Yes, some are certainly outdated. But I'd save them, just in case they make a golden upgrade for them. Who knows? We may be seeing a golden Ferris Wheel, or golden Golden Orrery in the future.
That would be very interesting and looking forward to have

PJS299

Golden Upgrade for the Mountain Reserve? That might be something I'd buy. Probably not. But I'd still look at it! Bald Eagle Mountain? Golden Eagle Mountain? (There's a type of Eagle called the Golden Eagle) Grizzly Bear Mountain? Caribou Mountain? I don't know... They all sound dumb except for Golden Eagle Mountain.

qaccy

While the first part of this is true, the part about golden upgrades is only applicable to those willing to spend money on the game. For those who play free (and without Diamond farms), otherwise fully upgraded buildings are definitely worth looking at. Players posting here need to remember that the average player doesn't pay for the bonus event line or use lots of Diamonds to get the golden upgrades when it's far down the regular path.
Golden upgrades are accessible without paying though, aren't they? They aren't readily distributed, no, but that's where paying helps. Players can still get one just from playing the event and not spending extra, diamonds or otherwise. And with how many events there are, even these free players can fill their cities with powerful buildings fairly quickly. Especially when their free buildings are still generating other buildings of their own. The Trading Post generates its own golden kit alongside the 1x1 Hideouts while that upgraded Buccaneers Bay produces the Hideouts more quickly; the Summerhold Manor/Sunhaven Palace are much the same with the Jester's Stage/Grilling Grove, minus the Summerhold not producing the golden upgrade. These things aren't inaccessible to players who aren't giving Inno money and/or spending diamonds (I make this distinction because diamond use has not been intrinsically linked to giving Inno money for several years now), but spending does allow more of them to be acquired and more quickly. I don't think my recommendation is out of line even for free players.