• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Elve's gift cost me money to receive?

NWWolverine

Why call the items from the Elf workshop gift's if they cost money to receive them? They're for sale.... 2995 diamonds for junk! Am I missing something? Christmas at the Inno's designers homes must require everyone to have cash on hand....

Dursland

It's only good if you get a 3x selection kit you want in the final 2x spot. Then it's worth spending 3k diamonds for 6 kits. Otherwise no.

Mahya

This has been my biggest perplexity throughout the game- it keeps telling me there is something to collect, but when I go there, the collections costs tons of diamonds, - so don't tell me I have something ready to collect -

Mor-Rioghain

This has been my biggest perplexity throughout the game- it keeps telling me there is something to collect, but when I go there, the collections costs tons of diamonds, - so don't tell me I have something ready to collect -
The message is triggered after a certain number of computations have been achieved. It's not actually 'telling' us anything. It's a mild annoyance at best.

Xenosaur

It's designed much the same way the harbor is designed with bobbing red notifications to get you to play settlements, or GbG, or PvP, etc. They grate on you on purpose... incessantly.

Mor-Rioghain

He didn't say OCD , he said obsessive compulsive which is a personality not a disorder , it then can rise to the standard of being OCD by a mental healthcare professional diagnosis but not for most obsessive compulsive people. Some go undiagnosed and treat the symptoms of the illness and some just live with it and the suffering it brings.
Either way it's unkind to bring up something that people can't help.
It's designed much the same way the harbor is designed with bobbing red notifications to get you to play settlements, or GbG, or PvP, etc. They grate on you on purpose... incessantly.

Only for obsessive compulsives .. I promise.
There's no clear referrant but the intent is clear: single out one type of personality / disorder / problem / call it whatever you like and make light of it.
Only for obsessive compulsives .. I promise.
This comment serves absolutly no purpose except to single a certain type of player out. It doesn't really answer any implied question by either the member he was replying to or the OP. It's unnecessary noise and doesn't address any issue on this thread. It only brings attention to the type of the player. You don't have to agree that it's unkind but you can hardly refute that it's a non-sequiter at best and unsavory (unkind in my words) at worst. It's irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

Angel.

Why call the items from the Elf workshop gift's if they cost money to receive them? They're for sale.... 2995 diamonds for junk! Am I missing something? Christmas at the Inno's designers homes must require everyone to have cash on hand....
not a gift i say

Mor-Rioghain

not a gift i say
I'm sure the choice of words is meant to be thematic not literal. After all, a gift is orginally purchased before it's 'given' if you want to look at it literally. It's not like Inno 'hid' the price; it's in plain sight right under the conveyor belt with images of gifts on it.

Pericles the Lion

I'm sure the choice of words is meant to be thematic not literal. After all, a gift is orginally purchased before it's 'given' if you want to look at it literally. It's not like Inno 'hid' the price; it's in plain sight right under the conveyor belt with images of gifts on it.
By definition, a "gift" is something given willingly to someone without payment. INNO's use of the word, in this context, is a misnomer. Personally, I find this topic trivial, but INNO does invite criticism by using the word "gift".

Mor-Rioghain

By definition, a "gift" is something given willingly to someone without payment. INNO's use of the word, in this context, is a misnomer. Personally, I find this topic trivial, but INNO does invite criticism by using the word "gift".
I don't disagree however I was merely trying to explain the incongruity as I saw it.

Angel.

true