• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Watchfire Controversy

DeletedUser

You may not gvg but your guild does. Way to be a team player there longshanks.
No, Dursland, they don't. I don't join a guild that does GvG, and the guilds I lead only do GE. I am a team player, but I pick the teams that fit my playing style. I have turned down dozens of guild invites on S world, because they only want my fighting ability for GvG, and I'm not playing their game anymore.

DeletedUser26120

Maybe if I am at end of tech tree where entire hood has nothing to do but attack people then yeah.

Until then it's a waste.

DeletedUser13838

That's not what happens at the end of tech. It's very peaceful
My hood is all OF players including #1 and 2 in world. My defense is pretty lame. I've never been attacked a lot but since change in hood merge I've only been attacked twice and it was by same player. First time he lost (despite lame defense) and second time he won and managed to plunder a confectionary. Darn. He hasn't attacked since.

Darkbox

Had lot of Watchfires (153) for a defense of 9/345 and was attacked daily . Some were able to get through and other not.

Then I needed space and took out all the Watchfires and leveled the St Basil to level 13 within 2 weeks.
The attacks went up while I was leveling the Basil, then slowly morphed into attack+retreats, then completely stopped :).
I replayed some of the attacks and people were retreating immediately after getting hit once or twice by my troops (used a lot of troops with contact) :cool:.

So I came to the conclusion that, better than 500% defense boost while the attack boost of the defending units is 6-9%, level your Basil + Deal Castle and watch them run away :D:D

DeletedUser26660

I think it depends on what troops you put in defense, putting the wrong type of units in city defense will mean your defenses can still be breached even with Deal and St Basils. The right defense troops with 500+ defense boost from watchfires and ritual flames can hold off almost anything now especially seeing as we are all in same hoods using same or similar units which is another key factor.

DeletedUser26154

Had lot of Watchfires (153) for a defense of 9/345

No.

e8f2f7bd5c60dc45f35daec8c55efcbb.png

153 Watchfires = 612 Defense boost.

Then I needed space and took out all the Watchfires

If you really had 153 Watchfires, deleting them all is foolish.

So I came to the conclusion that, better than 500% defense boost while the attack boost of the defending units is 6-9%, level your Basil + Deal Castle and watch them run away

No.
This is pure fiction.

DeletedUser26154

So to sum things up, the evidence is unshakable.
Watchfires are wonderful.

Nothing Controversial about them.
It makes perfect sense to have many.
The more you have, the better it is.
Your production is protected while looking pretty.
You don't have to do anything.
Just set and forget.
Like Guardian Angels in 1x1 squares.
They fit in the places that would otherwise remain empty, once you deal with two-lane roads.

Let the intelligent words from our well-meaning forum friends go unheeded.
They make it work, because they collect on time, or their buildings are not the kind to be plundered.
Most of the players have vulnerable windows of opportunity for enemy pickings.
If they breach your city defenses.
Don't let that happen.
Get Watchfires, because they work.

Below are six illustrations.
Five of them have plenty of Watchfires protecting their city as they sleep.

download.jpg images (4).jpg images (5).jpg
download (1).jpg images (2).jpg bad sleep.jpg

Can you find the one who does not?

Darkbox

No.
153 Watchfires = 612 Defense boost.
If you were using half of your brain instead of trying hard to troll, you could have figured out that I made a mistake and multiplied by 2 instead of 4. But to each his own.

If you really had 153 Watchfires, deleting them all is foolish.
Different players, different play styles. Not sure how one measures stupidity or foolishness, but your comment sure sound foolish.

This is pure fiction.
A defending army has an Attack and Defense boost. Basil and Deal, when leveled, raises both. At level 10+ you have at least 30+ attack and one hit on your attacker is enough to make them question whether they really want to fight, even if/when they have 90+ Attack.

DeletedUser

If you were using half of your brain instead of trying hard to troll, you could have figured out that I made a mistake and multiplied by 2 instead of 4. But to each his own.

Different players, different play styles. Not sure how one measures stupidity or foolishness, but your comment sure sound foolish.

A defending army has an Attack and Defense boost. Basil and Deal, when leveled, raises both. At level 10+ you have at least 30+ attack and one hit on your attacker is enough to make them question whether they really want to fight, even if/when they have 90+ Attack.
I have just gone through almost my entire neighborhood multiple times on Sinerania in the last week, and the only thing that slowed me down was cities with 200+ defense boost. Attack boost does nothing, because it is wasted on my Rogues, and they are mostly gone before the second shot...unless they have high defense boost. I still win, but it costs me. Costs me nothing when it's an even attack/defense boost for the city defense like you're advocating. LOL

Darkbox

I have just gone through almost my entire neighborhood multiple times on Sinerania in the last week, and the only thing that slowed me down was cities with 200+ defense boost. Attack boost does nothing, because it is wasted on my Rogues, and they are mostly gone before the second shot...unless they have high defense boost. I still win, but it costs me. Costs me nothing when it's an even attack/defense boost for the city defense like you're advocating. LOL

The dynamic on Sinerania is not necessary the same on Noarsil. I'm glad you found something that works for you. What I did worked for me too :)
I would invite you to test my defenses but...

DeletedUser26154

images (4).jpg

images (6).jpg

I'm glad you found something that works for you.

images (1).jpg

Have a good day.

DeletedUser26154

I have just gone through almost my entire neighborhood multiple times on Sinerania in the last week, and the only thing that slowed me down was cities with 200+ defense boost. Attack boost does nothing, because it is wasted on my Rogues, and they are mostly gone before the second shot...unless they have high defense boost.

@Stephen Longshanks is right.

The Watchfire Controversy is put to rest.

d0706a89a28a79dbcd2b75c51151e4fc.png

Watchfires mean Success.

DeletedUser

The dynamic on Sinerania is not necessary the same on Noarsil. I'm glad you found something that works for you. What I did worked for me too :)
I would invite you to test my defenses but...
If I could transplant my Sinerania city to any other FoE world, and be in a comparable neighborhood (which I would be, given the new neighborhood system), the results would be the same. In my hood, I have faced 200+ defense boosts, up to 60 attack/defense boosts, artillery, attack helicopters, tanks with reactive armor, etc. In other words, all kinds of dynamics. (Even some fools that put 3-4 Rogues in defense. What were they thinking?)

DeletedUser26120

I've gotten into the habit of writing down who has over 130% def and going after them first with attached rogues so I can afford to lose a couple.

Highest I've faced was 230 and that's still doable so I guess he's not all that crazy for going to 500+

DeletedUser26154

if I could

download (1).jpg

There's no reason for you to lose your mind,
'Cause I've seen something,
That's gonna change our time.

If I could, I'd make you understand.

Ah...
There's no hurry,
It's gonna come for sure,
'Cause I know that someday,
We're gonna end our war.

Yes, I'd stay, and if I...I...

If I could I would now.

Oh my baby, oh baby...

And if I could, I'd make you understand.
If I could, then I'd make you understand.

There's no reason for you to lose your mind. (Seal&Joni)
'Cause I've seen something that's gonna change our time. (Seal&Joni)

If I..... could if I..... could and if I..... could.... (Seal)
...If I could ...if I could if I could.... (Joni)

Oh oh, oh hoah whoah oh, oh oh oh, oh... (Seal)
...if I... (Joni)

If I could... If I could... (Joni)
If I could... Woah, oh, oh, oh oh... (Seal)

If I could I would now baby.

If I could I would.
I would... (Joni)
If I would I could now.

Songwriters
SEAL SAMUEL

Published by
Lyrics © DOWNTOWN MUSIC PUBLISHING LLC