• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

They've lost their mind...

Angry.Blanket

Everyone was screaming for better stuff in the AD, I think no one considered better stuff cost more. The AD is no longer an Antiques Dealer, More of an auction house.

Pericles the Lion

Everyone was screaming for better stuff in the AD, I think no one considered better stuff cost more. The AD is no longer an Antiques Dealer, More of an auction house.
They were feeding us ground beef and we wanted a better cut of beef. We would have been happy with sirloin but they gave us filet mignon.

KeithOfTheForge

• All items in the Item Shop now only cost Gemstones
  • The Item Shop now only contains non-building rewards like Forge Points, Goods, Units, and other goodies
So Gemstones are pretty much pointless now?

Pericles the Lion

• The Item Shop now only contains non-building rewards like Forge Points, Goods, Units, and other goodies
Supply rushes and coin rushes are good. Maybe goods if you're in SAT. Otherwise, not much else.

xivarmy

Gemstones are primarily good for new cities. Getting a stack of units or goods can be a big deal early on.

Coins are primarily good for rich cities - you need a lot of them to do anything.

They were feeding us ground beef and we wanted a better cut of beef. We would have been happy with sirloin but they gave us filet mignon.
They're sending the sirloin to the grinder too quickly these days for temporary updates to hold much appetite. They had been keeping it so about 1 year old stuff was available. But 1 year old stuff is already "ground beef". If they're going to keep up with the rampant power creep, the only way to make it appealing is up-to-date buildings.

It's still an antique dealer in that it buys your old trash lol. 2 year old building you had 20 of but it's no longer good enough? Store building it and sell it to the antique dealer. Enough of those and you can buy something new you do value.

---

Regarding coping with the high prices: It might be worth considering what you can do about earning more if you're seeing this as an opportunity you wish you could take more advantage of. Yes many years-long players often may only have a few million coins at most (though there's some that never gave up believing that have 20M+!). But at least in part that's because they saw no need for more.

Two main avenues:

1) All those events with nothing you really wanted as daily specials anyways, you could be chasing things that trade-in well and putting them up on 24 hr cycle.
2) Valuing buildings that make large quantities of things that trade-in acceptably higher and going for multiple trade-in cycles per day.

I really think 1-2M per month is in reach *if you want it and build for it*.

I'll admit the starting prices might be a *bit* higher than I'd choose, but I feel it's not as outlandish as some make it out to be. And somewhat high prices are necessary so that the people who do build for it don't wind up walking away with almost-everything-they-see.

Angry.Blanket

Gemstones are primarily good for new cities. Getting a stack of units or goods can be a big deal early on.

Coins are primarily good for rich cities - you need a lot of them to do anything.

They're sending the sirloin to the grinder too quickly these days for temporary updates to hold much appetite. They had been keeping it so about 1 year old stuff was available. But 1 year old stuff is already "ground beef". If they're going to keep up with the rampant power creep, the only way to make it appealing is up-to-date buildings.

It's still an antique dealer in that it buys your old trash lol. 2 year old building you had 20 of but it's no longer good enough? Store building it and sell it to the antique dealer. Enough of those and you can buy something new you do value.

---

Regarding coping with the high prices: It might be worth considering what you can do about earning more if you're seeing this as an opportunity you wish you could take more advantage of. Yes many years-long players often may only have a few million coins at most (though there's some that never gave up believing that have 20M+!). But at least in part that's because they saw no need for more.

Two main avenues:

1) All those events with nothing you really wanted as daily specials anyways, you could be chasing things that trade-in well and putting them up on 24 hr cycle.
2) Valuing buildings that make large quantities of things that trade-in acceptably higher and going for multiple trade-in cycles per day.

I really think 1-2M per month is in reach *if you want it and build for it*.

I'll admit the starting prices might be a *bit* higher than I'd choose, but I feel it's not as outlandish as some make it out to be. And somewhat high prices are necessary so that the people who do build for it don't wind up walking away with almost-everything-they-see.
Sorry thats not a dealer, an antique dealer would deal in antiques( buy and sell), not new items. A new Car dealer buys old cars and sells new cars. a antique car dealer buys old cars and sells old cars. I have bought both cars and antiques from both dealers and auctions, they are not one and the same,

jaymoney23456

Correct me if I'm wrong (in the current live implementation of the Auction Dealer...), but I believe that if a SAT player and an EMA player both sell the same item, the SAT player will get more coins AND gems from the AD than the EMA player would.

For example, if both sell a basic SoK (Shrine of Knowledge), the SAT player would get more for it vs an EMA player.

Why I bring this is up related to bidding in an auction. Lower age players will tap out of auctions sooner because they don't have the bank to continue staying in the auction vs a much higher era "whale". There is a natural bias to bigger banks in higher ages in the current design, which gives higher era players a bias in the current auction system.
I have diamond farms in early eras and main city in SAAB-haven't seen noticeable difference between what things sell for in early era vs. late era cities.

Ebeondi Asi

There is no difference for items bought or sold due to Player Era.
All players in Era can enter the auction in a AD. It is the first fifty players. (any Era players) who click on the AD after the last auction the player happened to be in is over for one half hour. That can be any fifty players in the World.
The AD is basically unfair to new players for desirable items...

NWWolverine

I would ask them to offer the ability to remove the AD from my city so I don't accidentally check it and get reminded how worthless it's become.