• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

This...is awkward...

Farfle the smelly

So. Ahem.

I kind of, accidentally, may have started a guild exodus on one of my worlds. I didn’t mean to, but it happened regardless (I was unaware folks were unhappy, being a new player and all). And now that so many folks are leaving to a different guild, I feel a sense of responsibility.

What is the etiquette? I’m not sure our guild leadership will necessarily care for our reasons, based on our experience there, but I feel that the right thing to do is explain, just in case. In a perfect world, I would want to know if it was me.

Thoughts?

RazorbackPirate

I think people are free to come and free to go, no explanation needed. Without knowing specifically why you think you're responsible, it's hard to say beyond that. I know when I've left guilds I'd been a member of for a while, I let leadership know why I was leaving, thanking them on the way out.

If members were unhappy, leadership should know, but it's not your place to speak for others. It's up to the leaders to reach out to the former members to find out why they left, if they care to know.

Beyond that, guilds are like gloves. It might take a while to find one that fits, and even then, you may eventually outgrow it. Circumstances change, members change, and sometimes, leadership interest and involvement changes. Any and all of them are valid reasons to move on.

As long as you're not the cause of the other members discontent, I wouldn't sweat it.