• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

This is not okay

Johnny B. Goode

I have six same era production buildings. They make a lot of supplies when I'm also farming cultural settlement coins every 15 min so I don't want to tie them up all day in a series of 4 hr productions.

So load up city on blacksmiths and it'll stop pestering me to do production quests? Interesting theory.
I don't think that's what he meant. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact. I believe he was saying that if you have a lot of production buildings (includes Blacksmiths, obviously) you'll get a lot of production tasks. So loading up on production buildings would be more likely to increase their frequency and scope (number of productions). I think that's his theory, and my experience bears it out to some extent.

Johnny B. Goode

It scales based on Age. That amount is the same for everybody at the same Age / Era as you
While I am sure that is true of event quests, I'm not so sure it's true of Daily Challenge tasks. It is proven that some aspects of your town's development definitely affect the DC challenges. Such as tasks to take sectors on the C-Map, which you don't get if you have acquired all scouted provinces. Also, I recently took to enlarging my friends list on several worlds, and on all of them the number of Taverns required for the Tavern sitting tasks increased...despite no move up in era.

Flavius Belisarius

I have six same era production buildings. They make a lot of supplies when I'm also farming cultural settlement coins every 15 min so I don't want to tie them up all day in a series of 4 hr productions.

So load up city on blacksmiths and it'll stop pestering me to do production quests? Interesting theory.
No, you'll still get production quests, but the Blacksmiths will make it easier.

MKPapa

I am doing 33 1-hour productions right now as part of a daily quest. Cannot say I enjoy it, but this is not a real trouble if you have some space in your city. There are production buildings that are small and can be built fast. If it requires production buildings from your era, which take a day to build - you can always exchange the task.

Dursland

I am doing 33 1-hour productions right now as part of a daily quest. Cannot say I enjoy it, but this is not a real trouble if you have some space in your city. There are production buildings that are small and can be built fast. If it requires production buildings from your era, which take a day to build - you can always exchange the task.
Sometimes daily challenge tasks are unswappable and it seems to be random in choosing what can't be swapped out.

That said I've never seen it ask for same era productions.

xivarmy

While I am sure that is true of event quests, I'm not so sure it's true of Daily Challenge tasks. It is proven that some aspects of your town's development definitely affect the DC challenges. Such as tasks to take sectors on the C-Map, which you don't get if you have acquired all scouted provinces. Also, I recently took to enlarging my friends list on several worlds, and on all of them the number of Taverns required for the Tavern sitting tasks increased...despite no move up in era.
I certainly used to get the bizarre bajillionty supply production tasks in cities with few supply buildings. I haven't had such a city that does daily challenges in a long while (last time would've been before swap-out existed) so maybe it got "smarter" - but it certainly used to be the case that i had "not enough" supply buildings to reasonably do bulk-4 or 8 hr production challenges in some cities.

Johnny B. Goode

I certainly used to get the bizarre bajillionty supply production tasks in cities with few supply buildings. I haven't had such a city that does daily challenges in a long while (last time would've been before swap-out existed) so maybe it got "smarter" - but it certainly used to be the case that i had "not enough" supply buildings to reasonably do bulk-4 or 8 hr production challenges in some cities.
Well, I was responding to a remark about the DC tasks scaling by age, which I don't believe is true. I've gotten those production tasks in cities in pretty much all ages (that I've played so far), so maybe they're the exception to being tailored to the player's city. I just know that scaling by age is not something I've seen with DC tasks, in fact quite the opposite.

Emberguard

Well, I was responding to a remark about the DC tasks scaling by age, which I don't believe is true. I've gotten those production tasks in cities in pretty much all ages (that I've played so far), so maybe they're the exception to being tailored to the player's city. I just know that scaling by age is not something I've seen with DC tasks, in fact quite the opposite.
The tasks you're referring to aren't age related in events either though. The tasks that scale in one also scale in the other

UBERhelp1

Daily quests for the most part scale with age. Others, like the cMap quests, are only given if you have enough sectors to take, and the Tavern ones scale with how many friends you have.

Sledgie

I run 9 cider mills and 6 sleigh builders - between events the cider mills are kept at 4 hour productions for the space age recurring quest. Why 9? The quest requires 8, and I keep an extra in case one is plundered (since the only things open to plunder in my city are cider mills, sleigh builders, and RMGs), the sleigh builders I set at 24 hours for goods, and to fulfill the RQ once daily. During events that gives me 15 buildings to use for quests.