• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

This morning's update...

DeletedUser29208

So, without warning, today, the developers took my worlds offline to do the weekly update. Timing, being as it was, it has prevented from logging in to complete daily challenges, at least one of which, I spent diamonds on to assure completion this morning. Since we lost almost an hour for completion of daily challenges (that same challenge of which I will now lose a day to collect my weekly collection which was one away) are the developers planning to compensate us in any way for this inconvenience?

DeletedUser29208

Like the 'ten minute' disclaimer, too...the server has been down for most of the last hour.

DeletedUser29208

So is there a reason why, with a major update like this, it couldn't have taken place in the wee hours of the morning when there are fewer players online? It seems to me that a major update, while being necessary and essential, certainly, should be made when the least number of players can be interrupted and inconvenienced. Instead, the update was done when players were starting their day and hoping to complete quests from the day before hopefully prior to the timer running out. Can we simply say that this was really poor planning?

Forgive me, but I'm venting in frustration here...this game is addicting and fun, but it can also be quite irritating and frustrating at times...it's bad enough when the quest they saddle you with requires you to complete '972 four hour productions' (yes, I'm exaggerating...but only for effect) but then to cut the timer off an hour before I could collect on the final challenge is, in a word, inappropriate.

DeletedUser26660

Since the update I am experiencing a major lag in the game.

DeletedUser

So, without warning, today, the developers took my worlds offline to do the weekly update.
A) It's not a "weekly" update. And if it were, you should have known it was coming. :rolleyes:
B) It was not "without warning", they always announce these in advance. This update (changelog) was announced last Thursday in the Announcements section of the Forum, which is where they always announce them. Here's the link to the announcement:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/changelog-1-122.22115/
:)

DeletedUser29208

Change your DC time so you don't have to log on in the morning to complete.
I have mine at 10:00pm- works well- I can plan as I shut down for the night. Need 8 hour productions? Easy. Everything is easy, actually.

How exactly do you do that? Mine currently auto resets at 8 AM.

DeletedUser

How exactly do you do that? Mine currently auto resets at 8 AM.
Once you've completed the DC for the day, click on the gears icon next to the time. It will allow you to change the starting time for the next and subsequent DCs.

DeletedUser29208

Whose "wee hours"? There are several different time zones. No matter when they do it, it will inconvenience someone.

Yes, but if the worlds on this server are all in the Americas (and it seems that they are since all of my friends here write in fluent English and if I have yet to interact with anybody on these worlds who aren't from either the US or Canada), wouldn't it seem logical to maybe do the update at 3AM Central Standard (4AM eastern, 2AM mountain, 1AM Pacific) so they're impacting a lot fewer players since most are either sleeping or probably doing other things at that hour? Of course I had no idea that you could change the DC time either, so maybe that will answer my question and make this entire thread moot.

DeletedUser

Yes, but if the worlds on this server are all in the Americas (and it seems that they are since all of my friends here write in fluent English and if I have yet to interact with anybody on these worlds who aren't from either the US or Canada),
These are the U.S. servers, but I have run into players in this game from all around the world. Caribbean, Europe, Africa, South Pacific, India, just to name the places I can remember hearing from. In fact, I believe I was in one guild that had a sizable English contingent. Not that these are a majority, or probably even a sizable minority, but they are there.

DeletedUser31436

Yes, but if the worlds on this server are all in the Americas (and it seems that they are since all of my friends here write in fluent English and if I have yet to interact with anybody on these worlds who aren't from either the US or Canada), wouldn't it seem logical to maybe do the update at 3AM Central Standard (4AM eastern, 2AM mountain, 1AM Pacific) so they're impacting a lot fewer players since most are either sleeping or probably doing other things at that hour? Of course I had no idea that you could change the DC time either, so maybe that will answer my question and make this entire thread moot.

English is the third most spoken language in the world. One cannot assume everyone playing is within the USA and Canada. I have game mates in Australia and New Zealand (guess what- they speak ENGLISH there too!) These worlds are global. There is no “best time” which is why you have the ability to change your start time.

Darth Mole

Mandarin and something.
English is the most widely spoken language. Not the same as spoken by the largest number of people. There's a lotta folks in China.

DeletedUser8428

Mandarin and something.
English is the most widely spoken language. Not the same as spoken by the largest number of people. There's a lotta folks in China.
According to Babbel, Chinese, Spanish, then English are the most spoken languages. But the most widely spoken languages are English, Mandarin, Hindi and Spanish.

DeletedUser31436

Interesting, I always assumed English was the most spoken language in the world, hence why INNO use it. what are the 1st and 2nd most spoken languages then?

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/the-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world The above link is on Babbel Magazine’s website. There are 1.2 Billion that are native Chinese speakers and approximately 400 Million native Spanish speaking compared to English’s 360 Million native speaking. Then add in those of us who are affluent bilingual/trilingual/multilingual and you can add another 300+ Million easily to all the top 10, but English still falls short of Chinese.
Info was easy to find. Simply Google search ‘Most spoken Languages’ or ‘Most widely spoken languages.’

Last edited by a moderator: