• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Three remaining historical questlines in 2018

Jern2017

With the Gengis Khan historical questline being released much later than it was originally intended, there are three more historical questlines listed for this year - Marie Curie, William Shakespeare and Wu Zeitan. We have the Halloween event happening now and the Winter event in December. Is there a chance one or two historical questlines will not be released this year? Seems like there's a small window of time for them.

DeletedUser31592

They usually only run for about 5 days. I suspect they will run them all since they announced them all early in the year.

DeletedUser30312

I'm sure at least 2 more are going to get dropped right on top of the Halloween event, and I'd be very interested to see if they can manage to squeeze the last one in before the Winter Event. Possibly we'll have the last first week of December, and then it'll be Winter immediately after until the first week of January as usual.

I hope Inno's planning to dial the Historicals back to 6 next year. That should be sufficient. I don't mind the events myself, but they really packed the calendar full this year.

DeletedUser30312

We'll see. On the upside, maybe Inno will go a little easier on Events next year if they have to bump the last historical until after Winter 2018. Not only to give players some breathing space, but themselves some room if they have to slip the schedule a bit.

RazorbackPirate

We'll see. On the upside, maybe Inno will go a little easier on Events next year if they have to bump the last historical until after Winter 2018. Not only to give players some breathing space, but themselves some room if they have to slip the schedule a bit.
I suspect we will see that either way. I get the impression that they left themselves pretty much zero wiggle room if something went wrong. Then they had the problem with the Khan event building and the schedule was thrown out of whack. Seems the smart move would be to cut back one Historical Event next year to allow for some wiggle room.

DeletedUser30312

I think 6 is the ideal number for historical events.

They have to come up with building prizes, and there's only so much they can do there. So we get basic ideas like this:

• Attack boost. Checkmate Square, Royal Marble Gateway, Botanical Rotunda
  • Defense boost. Sundial Spire
  • Supply boost. Pavilion
  • Multiproduction. Aviary, Rosarium, Magnum Opus
  • Goods. Kiosk, Royal Cascade, Menagerie
  • FP. Lord's Manor, Sundial Spire, Obelisk Garden
And these are usually built into residential or cultural buildings. Interestingly enough, nothing with a coin boost yet. And there's the Hedge Maze which is a variant of the Wishing Well.