• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trading Attachments in Message System Feedback

DeletedUser4770

We hope you like this new improvement :). Feel free to share your opinions here!

Thank you for for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser28149

This feature does nothing but clutter existing guild threads whose only purpose is to announce trades to others. I don't need to scroll through numerous messages I have no intention of even looking at and prefer go to the trading post than suffer through this mess. Released on beta weeks past, only two of 75 to 80 members actually use the feature, then those trades languish on the thread for days. The feature is needless, pointless and serves no purpose. Its like a third nipple.

DeletedUser31257

Question: The general trade fee still apply with this feature, right?
- The non-Guild buyer still require to pay 1 FP trade and Guildemate buyer do not need to pay FP fee, is this correct?

DeletedUser31392

Question: The general trade fee still apply with this feature, right?
- The non-Guild buyer still require to pay 1 FP trade and Guildemate buyer do not need to pay FP fee, is this correct?
Correct, nothing about the actual trade transaction has changed, much like the GB attachment. It’s meant to be an easier method to announce to players you have trades that need taken so that it’s easier to find instead of digging through trade listings.

This feature will be great for Mobile since we cannot see Names of Players to know exacrly which trades are wanted to be taken and just have to guess when there’s a bunch of listings

DeletedUser31565

I haven't seen it yet, but it is a great "innovation" ... a lot of people simply forget to look at trades ...

DeletedUser31882

This feature does nothing but clutter existing guild threads whose only purpose is to announce trades to others. I don't need to scroll through numerous messages I have no intention of even looking at and prefer go to the trading post than suffer through this mess. Released on beta weeks past, only two of 75 to 80 members actually use the feature, then those trades languish on the thread for days. The feature is needless, pointless and serves no purpose. Its like a third nipple.

You talk at odds with yourself. You don't want to scroll through messages but then say nobody uses the feature... so there should be no worry about the former issue, right? Also, I think we can all agree it is just your opinion that the feature is needless and pointless. I am sure plenty in my guild will use this. As @Mek2 states, mobile users would have to guess which trade in the market was needed. This saves time and gives precision to players who want to help people get the goods they need.

Besides, if you were worried about clutter, you could advocate for a guild trading channel. Problem solved. That all being said...

I'm looking forward to testing it out.

DeletedUser30312

Looks interesting - looking forward to testing it out very soon.

Ditto -- in theory it looks great, but I'll have to see how it actually works. Looks like a way of advertising one's trades.

It'll probably be useful for guild trade threads, and I'm in a few threads with mutual friends where I can see this being used.

DeletedUser31392

Does this mean you can now trade with players NOT in your guild, friends, or neighbors list ?

No it doesn’t change that at all. It’s the same as with the GB attachments. To accept trades you still need to be connected through Guild Friend or Neighbor.

*Arturis*

The feature is bug, it switched to guild only and your friend can't take the trade, sometimes you can, other time you can't take the trade from friend, it said for guild only even the trade poster put it as general trade.

DeletedUser31392

The feature is bug, it switched to guild only and your friend can't take the trade, sometimes you can, other time you can't take the trade from friend, it said for guild only even the trade poster put it as general trade.

We’re there multiples of that trade type posted? Wondering if that has something to do with it

Freshmeboy

I'm not a fan of the mechanic myself as the market is easier to filter and work with but from what i understand, mobile toy players couldn't see who was sponsering the trade so if it helps them good deal....

DeletedUser31392

I'm not a fan of the mechanic myself as the market is easier to filter and work with but from what i understand, mobile toy players couldn't see who was sponsering the trade so if it helps them good deal....

I’m not a fan of the reference of a mobile device to a toy.

This feature doesn’t stop you from using the Market in the same way either, it just gives an advantage to players trying to get trades filled faster, and indeed it will assist mobile players with finding correct trades much easier. This is not so much about the person seeking out trade offers to accept as it is about players seeking their trades he accepted.

Freshmeboy

Well, I'm not a fan of this at all because the trade doesn't disappear after it has been accepted...it lingers like a bad cold until you click on it and THEN it says the offer no longer exists...after a few whirrs and some freeze...Already have players leaving the thread because of this....no thanks, let the toy players benefit from the mechanic I will pass....

DeletedUser31392

Well, I'm not a fan of this at all because the trade doesn't disappear after it has been accepted...it lingers like a bad cold until you click on it and THEN it says the offer no longer exists...after a few whirrs and some freeze...Already have players leaving the thread because of this....no thanks, let the toy players benefit from the mechanic I will pass....

Then it’s a bug and should be reported... if you leave the window and reopen the message you’ll see it was updated to show the trade doesn’t exist anymore. If it doesn’t do that for you there’s clearly a bug. The guild I’m in on S world is playing with it today and it seems to be working just fine so far.

DeletedUser28903

What I want is a chance to trade blueprints, and all those inventory clutter items. There ought to be a heavy "tax" on such trades, like 10 to 1 blueprints, 2 or 3 to one for inventory items. I would like to be able to trade up eras, such as 10 useless (to me) St Mark's for one Cape Canaveral.

DeletedUser32172

I don't know if this is just a coincidence or a bug, but when I logged into my game using my mobile device, the message box was nearly blacked out. I could barely make out the words. Is anyone else having this problem?

Darkbox

Used it and it seems to be working great and is useful.
Instead of having the generic "trades posted for blah blah blah" we can actually see them, grab what we can and move along.

Pretty neat if you ask me.

I am not sure if there was a proposal for it already but I would love to see the trade we picked in the Event History. We currently have what other people accepted and it would be great if we could also see the one we accepted.