• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trading Attachments in Message System Feedback

DeletedUser

I’m not a fan of the reference of a mobile device to a toy.
I am. It's now one of my favorite things that I've seen on the Forum. LOL
I am not sure if there was a proposal for it already but I would love to see the trade we picked in the Event History. We currently have what other people accepted and it would be great if we could also see the one we accepted.
Yes, it has been proposed.

DeletedUser31247

My guild is taliking about this now. So far it seems that it is worth a new guild thread for those "needed trades" (ones to finish a GB, complete a tech, etc.) and not for those who just want to increase inventory. Personally, I like the idea of the multiple trades combined. It sure takes up less room.

DeletedUser29623

I play on mobile and am in a fairly big guild in one world where people are constantly posting about trades they need to finish quests. Because of all the browser toy players, they often don’t even specify what they’re offering, so it’s hard to help and scrolling through all the offers is a pain. This seems very helpful

Salsuero

This feature does nothing but clutter existing guild threads whose only purpose is to announce trades to others. I don't need to scroll through numerous messages I have no intention of even looking at and prefer go to the trading post than suffer through this mess. Released on beta weeks past, only two of 75 to 80 members actually use the feature, then those trades languish on the thread for days. The feature is needless, pointless and serves no purpose. Its like a third nipple.

Agree to disagree.

Salsuero

I will admit though... just posting four unique trade offers takes an awful lot of scrolling, even in a message thread dedicated to trades. This is version 1.0, but I could see this needing some tweaking to make it less cumbersome when someone needs to post 4 or 5 trades and the next player does the same, and then the next. Trades are going to disappear up the list real fast and folks already have a limited "scroll attention span" -- I don't know that it's just going to be prettier, but that it might not really be useful in bigger guilds with active trade threads without some consolidation improvements.

steveray1

We hope you like this new improvement :). Feel free to share your opinions here!

Thank you for for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team
Do we have to be friends in order to send trades to the other player when messaging?

DeletedUser31392

Do we have to be friends in order to send trades to the other player when messaging?

No but you still cannot accept trades unless you are connected via Guild, Friend or Neighbor. That never changed...

Darth Mole

Come to the conclusion that I wont use this feature with the exception of posting unfair trades to a friend for a FP deal.
It's too messy otherwise.

EG - You see a guild mates trade posted - say 50 Tar for 50 Whale Oil. You're in Postmodern. Unless you have a TON of goods you're unlikely to know whether you have 50 spare whale oil and need 50 tar. So you exit the messaging system and open up your inventory or the trading system to check. If you have enough whales you wither search for the trade there OR exit and go back to the messaging system find the right message etc etc.

Waste of time unless you have something dead urgent to notify.

DeletedUser31392

Come to the conclusion that I wont use this feature with the exception of posting unfair trades to a friend for a FP deal.
It's too messy otherwise.

EG - You see a guild mates trade posted - say 50 Tar for 50 Whale Oil. You're in Postmodern. Unless you have a TON of goods you're unlikely to know whether you have 50 spare whale oil and need 50 tar. So you exit the messaging system and open up your inventory or the trading system to check. If you have enough whales you wither search for the trade there OR exit and go back to the messaging system find the right message etc etc.

Waste of time unless you have something dead urgent to notify.

Not sure about Browser but on Mobile you can tap on the goods in the message and it says how much you have in your inventory.....

I’m assuming Browser you should be able to hover or click on the goods in the attachment message to see if you have the goods or not. If not kudos to the Devs for giving us Mobile “toy” players a leg up again ;)