• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Treasure Hunter Improvement Suggestion

DeletedUser28405

The Treasure Hunter metered timer is set for unrealistic expectations and resets without allowing for a realistic period of time between log-in's for FOE's daily players. An improvement for the game should focus on the consideration of it's players who strive to play with reasonable and realistic consistency.
It really shouldn't reset like this as it is counter productive for players unless they are advent gamesters.
I am a mother of 3 young children with a home to take care of as well. I can't sit a the laptop realistically and a one day metered timer would be more realistic. Currently, it's kinda like a penalty for not constantly playing all day...
I play once or twice each day (early morning and evening) which should be more than enough to meet the realistic requirements without such a penalty.
Just a somber suggestion for thought and consideration.
Hugs
Stephenie

DeletedUser26965

I don't think it's unrealistic as I can do the first 3 in the morning click, 4th at lunch click, 5th at dinner click, last one collect next morning, rinse repeat and takes only a click it's not like you have to sit there and search around for stuff like the new feature coming.

Algona

I vote no.

The Treasure Hunter metered timer is set for unrealistic expectations and resets without allowing for a realistic period of time between log-in's for FOE's daily players. An improvement for the game should focus on the consideration of it's players who strive to play with reasonable and realistic consistency.

Please don;t speak for others. Or if you feel you must, please add the exclusionary phrase 'except for Algona.' Thanks.

DeletedUser21322

Please place this in the proper proposal format. this can be found at the top of the proposal page.

DeletedUser29604

Support. I don't think most people are dedicated enough to consistently check in every four hours. I don't see a downside to accommodating the suggestion. It's nice to get a reward just for checking in, but I agree that when it resets it feels like a penalty for having a life in the real world. A 24hr or 12hr timer, or one that doesn't start the next stage until you trigger it instead of resetting because you missed it might be a nice improvement.

DeletedUser29604

It's not a punishment for not being on all day - you don't lose anything.
It's a reward for checking in several times per day.

I get it. I said, it feels like a penalty if you miss it because you get sent back to Go. It creates a false urgency to check in. I don't need that kind of game-related anxiety.

Algona

I get it. I said, it feels like a penalty if you miss it because you get sent back to Go. It creates a false urgency to check in. I don't need that kind of game-related anxiety.

Can't be too false if it's causing anxiety and feels like a penalty. Maybe you meant artificial?

Don't sweat it, I suspect INNO will replace Treasure Hunt with a feature they've been putzing around with in beta.

That feature will almost certainly be available to all players, unlike Treasure Hunt.

DeletedUser26965

Can't be too false if it's causing anxiety and feels like a penalty. Maybe you meant artificial?

Don't sweat it, I suspect INNO will replace Treasure Hunt with a feature they've been putzing around with in beta.

That feature will almost certainly be available to all players, unlike Treasure Hunt.
Incidents. I can tell ya that I only sometimes do Treasure Hunt. I'll never do Incidents and those even have diamonds in them whereas TH does not.

DeletedUser29730

Sorry Stephanie, but I disagree. Firstly, it's not a penalty as nothing is ever taken away from you in Treasure Hunt, instead it is a reward for being diligent. I have been playing for several weeks now and have only successfully managed to make it to the last sail once, and I feel damn good about being so diligent for once. The rewards are good no matter how you look at them. Real life trumps game time, and we all have to deal with that.

DeletedUser

To me, the hardest part about Treasure Hunt is the first 3 cycles. After that, you have 4 hours after each of the 4-hour cycles to collect them and move on. As long as you get that done, you just collect the 8-hour one in the morning and start over. (I used to play the Treasure Hunt every day, but don't do it often at all anymore.)

DeletedUser21322

As this has not been placed in proper format. this is not being moved to forge hall.