• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Two things that make me evaluate whether to continue playing this game

DeletedUser30900

Why not quit the game already if you lost basic manner you learned from elementary school? Hold on, if you never had it then never mind

DeletedUser29563

Fine, I'll play. What is it about my post that you found to be incoherent or difficult to follow? Granted, it does contain a five syllable word, but if you sound it out really slowly you should be OK.
All I read was wah wah wah!!!!

DeletedUser29563

1. The cities defenses general needs to be fired for incompetence. I constantly evaluate whether I want to continue this game for one simple reason. The algorithm set in place for defending cities is to attack rogue units first, then attack legitimate fighting units. This means that attacking players can send in one legitimate fighter with seven rogues. My first six shots against the attacking player is wasted on a rogue unit who then turns into a legitimate fighter. The rest is history...cities defenses nearly always get defeated because of those first six wasted shots. Any smart general defending the city would attack the legitimate fighting unit, then proceed with knocking out the rogue units one by one...done, city is defended; not defeated. Don't get me wrong, rogue units are nice to have, but they should be limited in use to only quests, guild challenges and fighting on the territorial map for more land/resources.
2. After a cities defenses have been defeated (keeping in mind the above paragraph) the player then has up to 23 hours, 59 minutes to come back to plunder what they attacked up to nearly 24 hours prior. This crap pisses me off. If there is nothing to plunder at the time of defeat, then that should be it. If they have to wait nearly 24 hours to come back to plunder then another attack should be warranted...not just a free plunder without consequences.

I know I am not the only player with this angry outlook on the game. Please respond to make this thread cause changes in the game play to make it a fair fight.
But seriously...if you REALLy wanna know how to deal with plunderers...just shoot me a pm and ask....

DeletedUser29563

1. The cities defenses general needs to be fired for incompetence. I constantly evaluate whether I want to continue this game for one simple reason. The algorithm set in place for defending cities is to attack rogue units first, then attack legitimate fighting units. This means that attacking players can send in one legitimate fighter with seven rogues. My first six shots against the attacking player is wasted on a rogue unit who then turns into a legitimate fighter. The rest is history...cities defenses nearly always get defeated because of those first six wasted shots. Any smart general defending the city would attack the legitimate fighting unit, then proceed with knocking out the rogue units one by one...done, city is defended; not defeated. Don't get me wrong, rogue units are nice to have, but they should be limited in use to only quests, guild challenges and fighting on the territorial map for more land/resources.
2. After a cities defenses have been defeated (keeping in mind the above paragraph) the player then has up to 23 hours, 59 minutes to come back to plunder what they attacked up to nearly 24 hours prior. This crap pisses me off. If there is nothing to plunder at the time of defeat, then that should be it. If they have to wait nearly 24 hours to come back to plunder then another attack should be warranted...not just a free plunder without consequences.

I know I am not the only player with this angry outlook on the game. Please respond to make this thread cause changes in the game play to make it a fair fight.
Since you are new to the game I will over look your mannerism....I can help

Volodya

All I read was wah wah wah!!!!
How interesting Matt. Which of the other words was too difficult for you? What was the subject of this bawling in your view? Are you also willing to greatly increase the potency of rogues, as I quite explicitly am? Perhaps you would also lose to a three year old in tic-tac-toe, so it's understandable that you see the defensive AI as a kindred spirit.

DeletedUser29563

How interesting Matt. Which of the other words was too difficult for you? What was the subject of this bawling in your view? Are you also willing to greatly increase the potency of rogues, as I quite explicitly am? Perhaps you would also lose to a three year old in tic-tac-toe, so it's understandable that you see the defensive AI as a kindred spirit.
have a laugh with us...its not that serious

DeletedUser31440

Lol...you make it impossible for me to keep a straight face...love it
There's a character named Wit in the book series The Stormlight Archive, I have recently made the decision that this forum is sorely lacking in the type of irrelevant, and often times unwanted, buffoonery that he is so apt to bring to a discussion. In light of that, and partially due to boredom at work, I've been trying to bring his character to life in my posts. I am glad you're enjoying it, although I must confess my attempts are mere shadows of the depths that his character displays, as another book series so likes to say, you mistook the stars reflected in a pond at night for those in the sky.

DeletedUser31882

Have you considered Eve Online or Grepolis? They will show you true meaning of Loss, pain and Despair.

Have you considered Playing Elvenar? It has pvp turned off.

Have you considered that FoE may not be the right game for you?

To make it a true fair fight, the defending player would have to control their troops. How would you make the defense script fair? Have the defense team 'always' make the 'best' move? That would assume all defense generals are the best...

Wait! We should implement a 3 tier unlock-able defense general!
Tier 1: Drunk and Disorderly.
Tier 2: Drunk.
And Finally~
Tier 3: Ulysses S. Grant!

Whoops, got carried away by my serendipity.

What was I doing? Oh right. The daily execution is in a few minutes. Gotta run!

DeletedUser27889

Rogues, Champions, Drummers and crap what's that stupid flag one called again? These were all specialty troops added into the game and released during events. The easy fix to the stupid defense AI is to create another specialty troop whose sole purpose is for defense and when used in a defending army can take on Rogues fairly.

People who got RH just to plunder, too bad, the game changes adding in new challenges is what makes it fun. Your rogues were pretty unfair to anyone who spent space forgoing all the other possibilities to stock pile troops and baracks for GvG before Rogues came along. Rogues have a ton of purpose outside of PvP anyway. Plundering is fine but the defense in this game needs to be fixed.

DeletedUser31882

Rogues, Champions, Drummers and crap what's that stupid flag one called again? These were all specialty troops added into the game and released during events. The easy fix to the stupid defense AI is to create another specialty troop whose sole purpose is for defense and when used in a defending army can take on Rogues fairly.

People who got RH just to plunder, too bad, the game changes adding in new challenges is what makes it fun. Your rogues were pretty unfair to anyone who spent space forgoing all the other possibilities to stock pile troops and baracks for GvG before Rogues came along. Rogues have a ton of purpose outside of PvP anyway. Plundering is fine but the defense in this game needs to be fixed.

Color Guard, but I also call em the stupid flag one too!

I like your idea. Specialty troops to counter specialty troops! Make the 'rogue counter trooper' weak against normal troops and then PvAI can become more interesting. Rotating defense units can make a difference if the attacker favors rogues vs an attacker with more diverse forces.

DeletedUser27889

Color Guard, but I also call em the stupid flag one too!

I like your idea. Specialty troops to counter specialty troops! Make the 'rogue counter trooper' weak against normal troops and then PvAI can become more interesting. Rotating defense units can make a difference if the attacker favors rogues vs an attacker with more diverse forces.
Haha yup Color Guard, thank you. Upon reread I'm surprised I was actually too lazy to look it up and just posted it like that lol.

Yes exactly, in regular battle it would do virtually no good it would be a defense troop. A new defense troop is the only thing I can think of that would be the most fair to all parties.

DeletedUser32009

Simple resolution is to set your collection times to when you are online. Defenses will be broken at some time. We are fortunate to be able to set our collection times. Take advantage of that fact.
have a great day :)