• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Understanding Prestige and how it affect Guild position

Flavius Belisarius

You can repeat this same false statement over and over but that doesn't make it so.

On most worlds fewer than 200 guilds participate in GvG at any level. Meanwhile, 700 to 1000 guilds may have participated in GBG for the first season. All of those guilds gained in prestige, some of them some several thousand prestige. That doesn't make prestige skewed towards GBG. It just means that more guilds are participating in GBG than are participating in GvG.

Most of the guilds that gained a few thousand prestige from GBG could have gained an equal amount from GvG by putting in an equal amount of effort. But from what I've seen, a lot of guilds are putting way more effort into GBG than they ever put into GvG (if they put anything into GvG at all).
Agree. Time will tell.
More options is always better.

boeffie

Seems to me the confusion stems at least partly from the words used. I can not find anywhere the actual MMR for my guild.
But reading what has been said earlier, the wording in GvG is not clear. At recalc, guildpower collected was 15823, adding up the maps, the 'power' is 3412, this should really be called prestige then.
If I take that GvG prestige, plus 1k from guildlevel, GBG makes up the rest with 9479, which would put our MMR at 526 roughly, starting in gold league with small guild, 2nd in first GBG, that would seem to me to be reasonable, as initial MMR took into account guildsize and activity.

Overall, ranking did not change very much after last GBG we went from 16 to 14, mainly because our mobile players can participate.
GBG will influence very much on ranking for those guilds who have never done very much in GvG, maybe a lot of people on mobile. Bringing GBG into it seems to me to be only fair, as it generates a lot of activity by players who could never do any GvG.

Guilds who were heavily GvG orientated should not be affected very much, with a large fighting activity anyway, whereas guilds who never got to a ranking due to low GvG activity, can now get a fair ranking, and definitely based on daily activity, which is certainly not the case for a lot of guilds sitting in GvG territory with no activity whatsoever

DeletedUser27370

You keep saying MMR and I se it in my Guild discussion thread, but no one, no where has siad what MMR means.

DeletedUser37581

You keep saying MMR and I se it in my Guild discussion thread, but no one, no where has siad what MMR means.
MMR is Match Making Rating. It is the rating given to each guild that is used to make the battlefield matches. At the end of each season, the MMR is adjusted up or down depending on what place a guild finishes.

Flavius Belisarius

After playing for over five years, I just do not comprehend Guild Rank-Guild Power-Guild Level, the effect of the Guild Support Pool-Guild Crowns, and how GvG-GBG-GE determine a Guilds Rank (worth?)
What I'd like to learn:
How is Guild Rank determined? (Cost Benefit Analysis?)
How do you earn credits/points (crowns-power?) to advance your Guild Level?

Is there a guide for this?

Flavius Belisarius

After playing for over five years, I just do not comprehend Guild Rank-Guild Power-Guild Level, the effect of the Guild Support Pool-Guild Crowns, and how GvG-GBG-GE determine a Guilds Rank (worth?)
What I'd like to learn:

I went to this guide (https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...evel-guild-global-rank-prestige-crowns.19040/) but it is prior to GBG.
My Current Guild Prestige (20 members) = 8903 Guild Daily Prestige = 1025. GVG Prestige = 2100 Where does the additional 5778 come from?

BruteForceAttack

What I'd like to learn:

Guild Rank is based on Guild Prestige which comes from GVG + GBG and Guild Level. Other than barging rights that you are the top most guild its not worth anything. Oh..maybe you may attract more members

Guild Level comes from crowns that you earn from GVG, GBG, GE and number of buildings like hof the new SoH... Higher the guild level all guild members get many benefits like more fps from TH, reduction in traz time, build cost etc..

Total Prestige = 8903
Guild Level Prestige = 1025
GVG Prestige = 2100
GBG Prestige = 5778
MMR = 321

Last edited:

Flavius Belisarius

That's correct... kindof.

The crowns you earned from this season. The prestige is representative of your current rank (a culmination of all seasons up to now - it can go up or down)
I think I know how to compute Prestige from GvG, how do you calculate Prestige from Crowns in GE & GBG?

DeletedUser29726

I think I know how to compute Prestige from GvG, how do you calculate Prestige from Crowns in GE & GBG?

Prestige and Crowns are separate things. GE provides zero prestige, only Crowns. The Crowns you win in GBG have no direct correlation to the prestige you gain from GBG.

Prestige comes from 3 sources:
Level: 25*Guild Level. Viewable in the guild level tab.
GvG: Your total on each map (which is a total of sector powers you have on that map, plus potentially a bonus if you're in the top 3 on that map). Just copy the number from each map's map ranking for your guild. This is the *only* place where prestige and crowns have the same value.
GBG: Not directly displayed anywhere, but since you can see the total and the other two sources, you can derive the GBG contribution. This number correlates to your matchmaking rating for GBG (not how you did in the last GBG specifically, but where you are overall). i.e. a team that gets 4th in high-silver in an 8 team group will have more prestige than a team that gets 4th in low-silver in an 8 team group.

Flavius Belisarius

Prestige and Crowns are separate things. GE provides zero prestige, only Crowns. The Crowns you win in GBG have no direct correlation to the prestige you gain from GBG.

Prestige comes from 3 sources:
Level: 25*Guild Level. Viewable in the guild level tab.
GvG: Your total on each map (which is a total of sector powers you have on that map, plus potentially a bonus if you're in the top 3 on that map). Just copy the number from each map's map ranking for your guild. This is the *only* place where prestige and crowns have the same value.
GBG: Not directly displayed anywhere, but since you can see the total and the other two sources, you can derive the GBG contribution. This number correlates to your matchmaking rating for GBG (not how you did in the last GBG specifically, but where you are overall). i.e. a team that gets 4th in high-silver in an 8 team group will have more prestige than a team that gets 4th in low-silver in an 8 team group.
So which gives you more Prestige? GE-GVG-GBG?
So which improves your Guild Level? GE-GVG-GBG?

DeletedUser37581

So which gives you more Prestige? GE-GVG-GBG?
So which improves your Guild Level? GE-GVG-GBG?
GE does not add to prestige. GBG prestige is capped at 18,000 for being maxed in diamond league. GvG prestige is not capped and depends entirely upon the sectors owned.

Lord Visago

I know this thread is quite old but thought I'd ask my question none the less....My guild doesn't play GVG but I'd like to and there are several of us interested in participating in GVG, however, our founders are concerned that the more Prestige we get from owning land in GVG that it has (obvy) raised our rank and prestige, HOWEVER, they feel those two factors are used when matching us up with other guilds in GBG and they are concerned that if we rise too high in prestige and rank we will be matched with guilds that will clobber us causing us to have a bad GBG season. Will playing in GVG and owning land affect our GBG matchups? (I know that MMR and guild ID are used to match us but still curious)

Johnny B. Goode

I know this thread is quite old but thought I'd ask my question none the less....My guild doesn't play GVG but I'd like to and there are several of us interested in participating in GVG, however, our founders are concerned that the more Prestige we get from owning land in GVG that it has (obvy) raised our rank and prestige, HOWEVER, they feel those two factors are used when matching us up with other guilds in GBG and they are concerned that if we rise too high in prestige and rank we will be matched with guilds that will clobber us causing us to have a bad GBG season. Will playing in GVG and owning land affect our GBG matchups? (I know that MMR and guild ID are used to match us but still curious)
Prestige and global guild rank have absolutely nothing to do with GBG matchups.

BruteForceAttack

As of now, the only thing that is used is LP/MMR and Guild ID