• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unfair battles

Elisha Reb

Why do you have to battle armies that are 2 times as big as your armies? If you beat the first 8 then they get a whole new set to fight with whatever you have left from the first battle. A lot of the times the second set of troops are stronger than the first so if you set to beat the first there is no way to beat the second set with what you have left.

Agent327

Every battle can be won. Fight manually, pick the right units and raise your boosts. By the time you reach two wave battles, you should be able to deal with them, unless you rushed the game.

Algona

I was gonna say welcome to the game and the forum and explain that 2 wave battles are just another challenge in the game to overcome, but, uh, well...

You've played 3 years and have almost 30 K battles and now you're complaining that 2 wave battles are unfair?

The game isn't unfair, you had years of opportunities to be ready for this fight.

Your city. your play style choices.

But the consequences of those choices are on you, not the game.

You've had years to develope your combat capabilities and now you are seeing the consequences of your choice to not do so.

----------

A recommendation that will help you tremendously.

Instead of complaints about the game, ask for help finding solutions to your problems.

In this case attach a pic of the army management screen showing both waves or describe the armies involved and the boosts yours and the defense.

Then ask for advice.

That may get you something that may help you fix your problem.

DevaCat

Gotta say my eyes start to roll back in my head when I see the word "unfair" in a title these days. Does that mean I'm getting jaded? OP doesn't mention what quests he can't get done due to losing to the second wave. Some quests aren't worth it if you really can't complete them. Nothing unfair here, simply unprepared. Ask questions, get better. People are here to help.

Algona

No, it means those words have been abused and overused to the point of losing all meaning.

Subtle disagreement.

On this forum unfair, bully, rigged, impossible have clear meaning.

The player using the words either doesn't understand that aspect of the game or doesn't understand the results of game play choices are the responsibility of the player.

In the 'I'm not paying attention department', is toxic gaining traction?

Or are we just talking about the forum posters who don't like being told they are wrong calling us toxic for doing so?

DevaCat

In case anyone was actually looking for help with 2 wave fights, as already noted it's a good idea to go manual. Take every advantage of terrain effects. Minimize further damage to an injured unit by moving it back away from the action - keep it alive for round 2. Use your units to gang up on one enemy unit, and don't leave the injured enemy unit alive to take a second shot at you - finish it off. The basics.

Main thing is to minimize your own damage and survive intact enough to win the second fight. Knowing what you will face in that second fight can temper what you do in the first one. It was about a year's playing before I discovered that (on mobile) I could tap the second wave tab and SEE what was coming. Well now that's mighty nice stuff to know lol!

Everyone will have different favorite units and combinations but to illustrate the idea: Colonial Age, 1 heavy, 1 light, 6 rogues, fighting manually. The light unit has good movement and can chase down ranged units and get across the field quickly to dispatch enemy artillery, but it's fragile vs enemy heavies. My heavy is durable but has less movement so it can get chewed up by enemy ranged and arty units. If the second wave enemy army has a lot of arty, I am really going to want a healthy light unit in that fight capable of taking them out. So I will often place my real light unit in trees and hide it until the first fight is basically done, saving it for when it counts in the second round. Fighting with rogues is a topic in itself.