• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

unrefined goods

Johnny B. Goode

Thanks, I'm getting there but---I need ferroconcrete (Modern age). I try to build a factory but the advisor says I don't have the goods (Rocks) for it. It also says I'll need wires. Suppose I build it anyway; Will I be able to use unrefined goods?
Once you get to Modern Era, where unrefined goods are required to produce current age goods in regular goods buildings, all of the Great Buildings that you have that produce goods for your inventory have switched to producing the unrefined goods you will need for that age. For example, in Modern Era you need Colonial goods along with coins and supplies to produce Modern Era goods in goods buildings. GBs such as the Tower of Babel, Lighthouse of Alexandria, St Marks Basilica along with several others, will produce Colonial Age goods while you're in Modern Era. If you have enough goods producing GBs, you will not need to build/use any Colonial Age goods buildings to produce the necessary unrefined goods.

So, for your question. Modern Era and above goods buildings still need a boost from the Continent Map to produce the full amount of goods per cycle, along with the necessary unrefined goods. (5 in 4 hours, 10 in 8 hours, etc.) Your example was Ferroconcrete. For this you need a Bronze Age boost, Rock, the same one needed to produce Stone in the Bronze Age. You also need a supply of Wires (a good from Colonial Age) in an equal amount to the amount of Ferroconcrete that you wish to produce. So to produce 5 Ferroconcrete in 4 hours in a Concrete Plant, you would need 5 Wires in addition to having the Rock boost from the Continent Map. You can produce the Ferroconcrete without the Rock boost, but you would only be able to produce 1 in 4 hours instead of 5. The good news is that, as noted by other posters, you receive a third Bronze Age goods boost and a third Colonial Age goods boost on the Modern Era section of the Continent Map. You cannot produce Ferroconcrete without having a sufficient supply of Wires. Period.

Lord Pest

A 80 level arc, a decent Chateau , and access to a 1.9 thread and you’ll never have to think about unrefined goods and goods buildings. You’ll get all the goods you’ll need from your event buildings and the spend fp recurring quests.

Sheldor the Destroyer

A 80 level arc, a decent Chateau , and access to a 1.9 thread and you’ll never have to think about unrefined goods and goods buildings. You’ll get all the goods you’ll need from your event buildings and the spend fp recurring quests.
Arc 80, CF 80, Traz 80, CdM, Zeus, CoA, 80, ToR, 60, AO 80, HC 60, and you're good.

Lord Pest

Actually I’m good with my...

arc 100, Cf 100, Traz 102, CdM 101, CoA 101, zeus 101, ToR 100, AO 100, HC 91, Kraken 86..

working on kraken now.

to the OP... I’d put in a CDM. You should also have the CoA and Zeus. Level the 3 of them to at least 10. do GBg. It is a gold mine for fp.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Since @Axelroder asked about the Chateau Frontenac (CF) and recurring quests (RQ's) I'm going to place this link here as a suggestion for them to read:

While this is an older thread, based on another thread, most of the concepts still apply even though much of the information is quite dated since it doesn't take into consideration changes in the game since then, new great buildings, or activities like GBG. I believe it is still a must read for anyone who wants to step up their game and isn't familiar with recurring quests, since it explains the core concepts quite well.

FriarTuck

CF = Chateau Frontenac, a GB that boosts the outcome of quests. One of those type of quests being,
RQ = Recurring Quests, you get them in each age when you've run out of side and/or bonus quests.

There are 14 possible prizes from the Random Rewards given by RQs, 5 of the 14 are current age goods, one of the 14 a 5 FP pack. Many players, including me, generate goods using this method. The default number of goods each time they're rewarded is 5, but with a high level CF, level 89 currently for me, gives me 33 goods each time.

In your example, Wires are the unrefined goods needed. Like any age, you're always better off producing the goods you have boosts for then trading for those you don't.
Thank you from the bottom of a newbie's heart. A CF of level 88 is only 87 levels away for me. But I am learning.

Glockgemini

Unrefined goods are only needed when you have to resort to a tech tree goods building. The smart way to produce goods is with specials, which require no resources to produce goods. They also produce them in even amounts so you have much less need to trade. My specials produce 330 goods per day and since I do combat, they are not consumed in negotiations,