• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Venice Carnival Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser27096

I REALLY wanted to like this event but the heart cost for prizes are just way way too high. The chest prizes are also incredibly low percentages for anything good. 5% for a SoK after you've either already gambled to win enough to open it or purchased enough hearts to open it? I know for whatever reason people weren't thrilled with the winter event, but at least there you had a shot at winning something. You had just as much chance of opening that SoK as you did the coin. This double gamble thing would be one thing if the chances were even close. The stand alone heart costs are just crazy. I know the common thought is 'well it's free, you're getting something for nothing'... No, it's free if you CHOOSE for it to be free many people pay a good deal of money during these events and I had been willing to join them but these costs are just way too high. Tree of love for 800? Just to sucker those of us who don't have one and now can't get one? Why is it 8x higher than the last deco?
Feel free to check my math:
At $80 for 11000 diamonds that equals 137 diamonds per dollar (rounding)
At 10,000 hearts for 4,000 diamonds that equals 2.5 hearts per diamond or;
342 hearts to the dollar
To break it down by the costs we've seen so far:
Tree Of Love= $2.30 (800 hearts)
Hall Of Fame= $11.70 (4000 hearts)
Wishing Well= $14.61 (5000 hearts)
And if they keep the same price they had in beta of 6250 hearts for an SoK if you're a diamond player you will be paying
$18.27 for a single SoK

I get that they're trying to make money, it's their right as a company but I don't understand the logic of putting the cost so high for these buildings (no overheads mind you to provide you with a digital building, they're not breaking out the wood and nails) that they turn off a great many of the people that would pay for them. They're are going to be the extreme players sure who will spend a grand every event, but those are few and far between. They had a good opportunity to snag a good deal of middle of the road diamond buyers with this event and even get some new ones but not with these numbers.
It's even worse bc the sale is only 10,000 diamonds for $80. So the SoK is probably close to $20. That's just crazy talk!!

Volodya

Yeah, I noticed that too. I purchased the $10 pack and had to use all 25 roses immediately or it was like you weren't getting them for free at all (bc you won't generate any more if you leave them on your bar).

I was shocked to discover that the "bonus" roses go to the bar. I would NEVER have bought diamonds had I realized that would happen. It never occurred to me that INNO would actively penalize people who spend money, but live and learn.

DeletedUser26154

I was shocked to discover that the "bonus" roses go to the bar. I would NEVER have bought diamonds had I realized that would happen. It never occurred to me that INNO would actively penalize people who spend money, but live and learn.

I bought the biggest diamond package and I'm not happy with all the roses in my bar.
So I'm using them up so I don't lose out on additional roses.
I am getting little jackpots where I can... as long as I make more than 10 Hearts per rose spent, on average.

D.png

deac4a788431dcb700679c51282cfc02.png

I was not happy with the roses bonus.
Hearts bonus would have made much more sense.

Volodya

I bought the biggest diamond package and I'm not happy with all the roses in my bar.
I am getting little jackpots where I can... as long as I make more than 10 Hearts per rose spent, on average.

View attachment 2582

View attachment 2581

Inno just needed to send 10 rose packages to our storage. They've done the equivalent in the past. I know we hear over and over "I'll never spend another dime" from disgruntled players, but this is a first time for me. I really won't spend money if this isn't changed and compensated for. Why spend actual cash for the privilege of LOSING resources?!

DeletedUser20367

Inno just needed to send 10 rose packages to our storage. They've done the equivalent in the past. I know we hear over and over "I'll never spend another dime" from disgruntled players, but this is a first time for me. I really won't spend money if this isn't changed and compensated for. Why spend actual cash for the privilege of LOSING resources?!

True, I've never been one of those who threatened to 'stop all spending until this is reversed' and I'm not saying that now. What I AM saying is that I'm not going to spend money on resources unless I can spend them intelligently. 25 10 rose packs, I buy a package. 250 roses into the bar, I don't buy the package.

DeletedUser26154

I really won't spend money if this isn't changed and compensated for.

I'll keep spending money but I only spend when they have the promotional sales, and only the biggest diamond bundle.
If you are going to get diamonds, do it that way, because you get the most for your money.

I think Inno rushed this sale together without really thinking about it.
Getting an extra 2,500 Hearts would have been much better.

Volodya

True, I've never been one of those who threatened to 'stop all spending until this is reversed' and I'm not saying that now. What I AM saying is that I'm not going to spend money on resources unless I can spend them intelligently. 25 10 rose packs, I buy a package. 250 roses into the bar, I don't buy the package.

I already made the mistake of buying the largest package. I wouldn't have if I'd understood the repercussions. My bad for not checking I guess, but it honestly never entered my mind that Inno might institute such a counter-intuitive and downright bizarre "reward" system.

LordLupin

View attachment 2582

View attachment 2581

lol.. dude.. today offers is a trap.. :rolleyes:

250 rose = 2500 diamond..
just wait, usually each month Inno offer 40% bonus diamond purchase.. 40% from 11k = 4400 = 440 rose..
or maybe they will give use Heart instead of rose from purchasing diamond.. so just wait patiently, and today offer is definitely a trap..

DeletedUser27889

It's even worse bc the sale is only 10,000 diamonds for $80. So the SoK is probably close to $20. That's just crazy talk!!
When playing on the mobile platform the price is 10K diamonds for $80, this is to account for the fees of the app store be it itunes or google. If you purchase on browser it is 11,000 for $80. So if you're ever going to make a purchase it's best to do it on the browser version, you will always get more.
What I AM saying is that I'm not going to spend money on resources unless I can spend them intelligently. 25 10 rose packs, I buy a package. 250 roses into the bar, I don't buy the package.

I wonder how much money they would have made if the only way to get them in packs had been to buy them? If the news today wasn't 'Dont' do the offer they all got to bar' but rather the only way to store them in inventory is if you purchase the deal. If they wanna talk about giving diamond players an edge, that would have given them one. What a lost opportunity on their part.

DeletedUser20367

I wonder how much money they would have made if the only way to get them in packs had been to buy them? If the news today wasn't 'Dont' do the offer they all got to bar' but rather the only way to store them in inventory is if you purchase the deal. If they wanna talk about giving diamond players an edge, that would have given them one. What a lost opportunity on their part.

My hope is that this sale under performs so badly that they back away from this 'put everything in the bar' mentality that they seem to have. That's the only thing that will change it IMO. Inno will make small adjustments based on negative feedback, the rose prize in the chest started out at 5 and was increased to 7 after much complaining. Major changes seem more revenue-driven.

DeletedUser27889

My hope is that this sale under performs so badly that they back away from this 'put everything in the bar' mentality that they seem to have.
To me this shows beyond a doubt this whole 'fps to bar' has nothing to do with game progression or 'Seeing a steady stream of FPs through the game' that's a total LIE. It's all about money.

How did making roses go to the bar prevent people from hanging back in eras? What was the importance to prevent rose hoarding when they all disappear at the end of the event? There's only one place for roses to go so how has that steady stream been changed?

It has nothing to do with any of that. They figured the more their players were able to strategize and spend the roses wisely, the less money they would make. Perhaps when it comes to this event they were correct in that. But that doesn't change their rose cost being so high per item or the bad percentages in the chests. That's not just a money grab, that is a greedy over priced money grab. They try to hide the true price they're charging for these buildings behind double 'funny money' conversions. Cash to diamonds diamonds to hearts and the numbers aren't exact enough for someone to do it in their heads so they figure no one will.

Just like the real reason for them moving away from FP packs has nothing to do with the garbage reasoning they say and is all because as of now no one spends any money or diamonds on FPs. This event is the proof. Roses straight to the bar unlike banked in soccer, didn't do anything for the game other than make them money. Don't believe FP's to the bar are for any other purpose.

I don't even think I'd be bothered if they had just said 'Yeah we need to up our profits we need to do this' but the lies and expectation that were all too stupid to see it is what is bothersome.

DeletedUser26154

It took me 8 hours to do it.
Sitting in front of my screen for a good part of it.
Camping the event.
I spent all my overflow roses.

spend roses.png

I lost about 8 roses from the clock.

top casanova.png

But I feel I made up for it.

DeletedUser26660

I did the maths for this latest sale. 250 roses for the largest diamond pack equates to 2500 more hearts. If anyone needs diamonds now then they may as well buy the pack and get the free roses.

However if they do not need diamonds then it is better to just keep accruing the hearts by collecting the roses daily and then buy whatever balance of hearts is needed for a specific prize. For me the HoFs are the best item in this event as they help advance the guild and so all my hearts go solely to the HoFs and I minimise cost by doing it this way.

DeletedUser27889

I was expecting a big prize to come up this morning to maximize their profit on the sale (like they did in winter and events past) but it's coins.... There's still a gap between when the coins come off and the sale ends so maybe they're putting something good in there? Though that would be the least opportune time for them to put a good prize in and get people to buy with such a limited window.

It almost seems like the right hand isn't talking to the left for this event.

DeletedUser26660

I was expecting a big prize to come up this morning to maximize their profit on the sale (like they did in winter and events past) but it's coins.... There's still a gap between when the coins come off and the sale ends so maybe they're putting something good in there? Though that would be the least opportune time for them to put a good prize in and get people to buy with such a limited window.

It almost seems like the right hand isn't talking to the left for this event.

Very good point, more thought should go into encouraging players to spend the money on diamond packs by coordinating the offers with the best prizes offered.

DeletedUser26154

250 roses for the largest diamond pack equates to 2500 more hearts.

That's at the minimum, if you stay with the 10 hearts at 100%.
Playing it safe is a a guaranteed 2,500 Hearts.
If you're willing to sit there at your computer for a good part of 8 hours, you can almost triple that.
Keep an eye on those jackpots and make your moves at the right times.
When you start with 250 flowers, you have the ability to muscle into quite a few jackpots.

Say it takes 25 attempts to get a jackpot.
That's 10 jackpots you'll have a great chance of winning.
Better chances than a player who is at 11 roses or less.
Even if you get half of the jackpots, that's still 5 jackpots.
Average sized jackpot where I'm at is about 700 - 1000 or so Hearts.

It would have been better if Hearts were the bonus instead of Roses.

DeletedUser8420

I am doing the event because its something to do, but, not excited about it at all. The chest prizes are all that and the ones you can buy are too expensive....I stopped buying diamonds so it is what it is...

DeletedUser26660

That's at the minimum, if you stay with the 10 hearts at 100%.
Playing it safe is a a guaranteed 2,500 Hearts.
If you're willing to sit there at your computer for a good part of 8 hours, you can almost triple that.
Keep an eye on those jackpots and make your moves at the right times.
When you start with 250 flowers, you have the ability to muscle into quite a few jackpots.

Say it takes 25 attempts to get a jackpot.
That's 10 jackpots you'll have a great chance of winning.
Better chances than a player who is at 11 roses or less.
Even if you get half of the jackpots, that's still 5 jackpots.
Average sized jackpot where I'm at is about 700 - 1000 or so Hearts.

It would have been better if Hearts were the bonus instead of Roses.

Yes, good call if you are willing to sit there, boils down to maths again and probability, but you are right that that is the ultimate best way to make maximum use of the roses.

DeletedUser28083

The slow drip, drip, drip of getting hourly roses is as exciting as watching paint dry. I'd rather they had given me 24 roses at once one time a day for me to allocate as I want with the option to hold some or all for the next day without a penalty. I think there also should be a reasonably priced daily prize (priced at 240 hearts or less) that I can either buy or pass on. It can be either one item or a variety pack of various items where you have a random chance to get one.