• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

very confused about treasure maps

FriarTuck

I see in the forum folks have narrowed down the choices in the treasure maps to one item (usual cartographer's hours). So, as usual, I fuddled ahead, paid my nearly 3k diamonds and got random items from each of eight maps. I may well not get another 8, but if I do, what do I do to narrow the choices?

xivarmy

on this screen:

1686508365286.png

The ?s will list the rewards possible on each map. Initially they will contain 9 items. When an item is selected from those 9 it is removed from the list for the next roll, while the cost to shuffle again will go up.

My one on the left here has: 1686508426066.png1686508438005.png

While the one on the right has: 1686508456317.png1686508464784.png

The 100 FP on the right one probably *was* a chance at a cartographer before they nerfed its occurrence rate (turning some of them into 100 FP is what they apparently did - they are so much rarer again now :p. I was getting them on one side in almost half of the pair of maps or so. Haven't seen a single one since the change (though I haven't played a ton to be fair since the change).

So if one of the two lists presented to you has one or more things you're willing to spend some diamonds on narrowing down, you can go for that. But not every map is necessarily worth it.

FriarTuck

on this screen:

View attachment 20403

The ?s will list the rewards possible on each map. Initially they will contain 9 items. When an item is selected from those 9 it is removed from the list for the next roll, while the cost to shuffle again will go up.

My one on the left here has: View attachment 20404View attachment 20405

While the one on the right has: View attachment 20406View attachment 20407

The 100 FP on the right one probably *was* a chance at a cartographer before they nerfed its occurrence rate (turning some of them into 100 FP is what they apparently did - they are so much rarer again now :p. I was getting them on one side in almost half of the pair of maps or so. Haven't seen a single one since the change (though I haven't played a ton to be fair since the change).

So if one of the two lists presented to you has one or more things you're willing to spend some diamonds on narrowing down, you can go for that. But not every map is necessarily worth it.
THANKS! Very helpful.

UP ONLINE

It's a scam to get you to spend Diamonds for bad items
It's all I get crapy items for way overpriced Diamonds to pay to get them
Got 10 farms And just get useless stuff

It is random, but I don't think the chance is that low. On my five worlds, I have planted 0, 0, 1, 2, and 3 Cartographers houses. Ironically, the city with 1 is a new city where I am progressing slower in the event due to difficulties completing the event quests quickly.