• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

War Games Among Friends and Guildmates

DeletedUser38034

I thought it would be a good idea if you could still 'attack' your friends and guildmates but in more of an exhibition sense. In other words, you could attack your friends and guildmates but rather than plundering them if you win maybe you get a 10% chance of getting a forge point much like when you sit at a tavern. Since this would happen instead of motivating/polishing, the defender would still get a building motivated or polished even if they don't repel the attack. If the defending army repels the attack, maybe it motivates two buildings as opposed to one or doubles the reward for the motivated building. In any case, neither the attacking or defending armies should retain any damage incurred in battle as it was just 'war games' or exhibition. This might help newer players hone their battle strategies in a no risk/low reward scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Welcome to the forums!

So I could earn 15 FP a day by autobattling each of my 75 Guildies and 75 Friends instead of Aiding them and they still get the benefit of the Aid and I lose no troops?

Sign me up!

DeletedUser

Please put this proposal in proper format. You can find the proper format at the link provided by @Super Catanian in their post. And you can then change your original post to fit the format by using the "Edit" button along the bottom of your post.

Godly Luke

It is unfair to players in lower ages with worse troops and lower A/D boosts. If there is a PME player in the guild, it would be MG teams vs. Mounted Warriors if they were in EMA for example. It is unfair in that regard.

Salsuero

I actually like this concept, but I'd probably only want to see it for guildmates. I don't like the idea of a reward, though... but I might consider something like an achievement or a reward that is somewhat benign to the game. I'd prefer to see it as a sort of practice arena only. Those who like to fight could engage each other for fun and practice, and it could be used to teach new players to the guild and/or new players to a specific age/era.

It is unfair to players in lower ages with worse troops and lower A/D boosts. If there is a PME player in the guild, it would be MG teams vs. Mounted Warriors if they were in EMA for example. It is unfair in that regard.

Or, you could restrict the units to the age/era of the lowest fighter. In fact, I'd be in favor of allowing players to play with "free" units for both combatants of all unit types for the age/era of the lowest challenger if it were set up as a practice arena as I suggested. That way, no player that gets challenged would have to reject simply for not having the units to battle with.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Moving thread to Forge Hall for discussion, as it is not in proper format. Let us know if you edit it to be in proper format and we will move it back.

Emberguard

Yeah and it'd have to be restricted to once per 24 hrs to prevent score farming. @Salsuero

But I like the concept you're coming up with

Could be expanded to a sort of GvG alternative if one were looking for an alternative to GvG

Salsuero

Yeah and it'd have to be restricted to once per 24 hrs to prevent score farming. @Salsuero

I don't think it should impact your score at all since it's only a practice arena in my suggestion, but that's good clarification since I didn't mention it.

Could be expanded to a sort of GvG alternative if one were looking for an alternative to GvG

More like a PvP alternative for my suggestion since it would be interguild only. I'm not sure how you'd turn it into a GvG alternative... perhaps you can expand on this? Keep in mind that GvG is not mobile-enabled, so your alternative suggestion would need to be something that can be coded easily within the existing framework or it'll probably fall on deaf dev ears.