• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Watch towers and other upgradable buildings

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I don't know if this is considered "do not suggest", so I went ahead and put it in forge Hall. It would be really useful for me if the buildings that were originally not upgradable (watchtower, victory tower, Zen garden set, etc..) were made so they could either be placed or act as an upgrade when in our inventory. So for example, I have one watchtower in my city and one in my inventory. If I select the watchtower in my inventory, I can either place it, or use it to upgrade the watchtower already in my city to level 2. What do you think? Do not suggest? Or good idea?

Agent327

What do you think? Do not suggest? Or good idea?

DNS

Do Not Suggest List

• Ideas to make yourself richer...or make the game easier. (The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.)
  • Additional expansions in any way

Having to place 1 watchtower and then upgrading it to level 100 will save you a lot of room and makes the game a lot easier. Also creating room this way is an alernative for extra expansions.

DreadfulCadillac

DNS

Do Not Suggest List

• Ideas to make yourself richer...or make the game easier. (The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.)
  • Additional expansions in any way

Having to place 1 watchtower and then upgrading it to level 100 will save you a lot of room and makes the game a lot easier. Also creating room this way is an alernative for extra expansions.
u can only upgrade the building to level 2 tho, right?

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Yes, I meant only the maximum allowed level, e.g. level 2 watchtower. Thus I didn't think it would fall under "make myself richer" "or make game easier". But either of those are subjective, so like I said I our it here in forge Hall instead of an official suggestion thread.

DeletedUser40495

I don't know if this is considered "do not suggest", so I went ahead and put it in forge Hall. It would be really useful for me if the buildings that were originally not upgradable (watchtower, victory tower, Zen garden set, etc..) were made so they could either be placed or act as an upgrade when in our inventory. So for example, I have one watchtower in my city and one in my inventory. If I select the watchtower in my inventory, I can either place it, or use it to upgrade the watchtower already in my city to level 2. What do you think? Do not suggest? Or good idea?
This is why upgrade kits exist. It would make no sense to be able to upgrade buildings with buildings. Now I do wish some more buildings were upgradable (cough, Indian Palace Set, cough), but I’m not a fan of the idea you proposed, and it is DNSL as well.

DeletedUser

I'm inclined to say that it's DNSL, although not for the reasons @Agent327 mentioned. I would go with the item about no new buildings or items, as this would essentially create a new building/item. Currently, you can either have a building or an upgrade, but not both (and I'm talking about the actual item, not a kit where you can choose one or the other). This would be a completely new thing as you've proposed it.

Agent327

Yes, I meant only the maximum allowed level, e.g. level 2 watchtower. Thus I didn't think it would fall under "make myself richer" "or make game easier". But either of those are subjective, so like I said I our it here in forge Hall instead of an official suggestion thread.

For that there are already watchtower upgrades. Upgrading a watchtower with another watchtower and replacing the upgrade is also making the game easier. I have plenty of watchtowers in stock, but no upgrade kits. Makes it a lot easier especially if it is done for multiple buildings, like you suggest. What will be next? Shrinking a WW wirh a WW cause you do not have a shrink kit?

Sheriff Of Rottingham

For that there are already watchtower upgrades. Upgrading a watchtower with another watchtower and replacing the upgrade is also making the game easier. I have plenty of watchtowers in stock, but no upgrade kits. Makes it a lot easier especially if it is done for multiple buildings, like you suggest. What will be next? Shrinking a WW wirh a WW cause you do not have a shrink kit?

To make myself as clear as possible, i understand the current buildings, the current upgrades, and how everything works. I've played for a long time. This isn't a complaining post, or begging inno to make things easy for us. I just have a ton of crap in my inventory I wish I could do something with. Even if I got upgrade kits for every watchtower in my city, I'd never have the room for the other 50 watchtowers or victory towers in my inventory. So I was just thinking, what is a possible solution?

Does it make sense to upgrade a building with a building? I can see the argument that it doesn't make sense. I could also see an argument saying it does make sense at the same time.

I'm on the fence about the whole thing. If you have the item in your inventory, why not just makes it usable to modify it's duplicate is all I'm saying. Wishing well and rogue shrinking are a little different, but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of one of those buildings being used as if it were a shrink kit. I mean it's just an idea. I absolutely don't want to give people a way around game mechanics.

Would it be more palatable for people if there was an ability to "trade in" items for their corresponding upgrade kits? It wouldn't have to be free, maybe we would have to earn the ability to do the trade in? Again, just some ideas to solve a problem. I'm trying to be constructive.

Jern2017

There are either buildings, upgrade kits for event buildings and upgrades for Watchfires and Victory Towers (they are the only two non-event buildings that can be upgraded as far as I know) and selection kits that allow you to either pick a base building or upgrades for it, like today's daily special, the Tholos of Idols selection kit or the Zen Garden selection kit that was available during this year's Spring event.

I'm against event/special buildings acting as an upgrade kit, but a Watchfire selection kit instead of either a Watchfire or the upgrade for it sounds good and I'd vote yes on that.

DeletedUser39682

I'm fairly new to this game. My assumption is that inventory space is unlimited. If that is the case then there is no real problem to address.

Most games end up giving you a LOT of extra items, things that are either effectively junk or you only need a couple of during progression. The only time this could really be an issue is if you have limited inventory space. I haven't seen anyone post guides to inventory space management so I assume it is not an issue here.

DeletedUser

I'm fairly new to this game. My assumption is that inventory space is unlimited. If that is the case then there is no real problem to address.

Most games end up giving you a LOT of extra items, things that are either effectively junk or you only need a couple of during progression. The only time this could really be an issue is if you have limited inventory space. I haven't seen anyone post guides to inventory space management so I assume it is not an issue here.
If there is a limit to inventory space, no one has reached it yet, and some players have been playing since 2012.