• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

We can't afford the high costs of diamonds in playing GBG

JimCougar

I have not created a GBG Leaders thread yet for our guild to discuss battleplans and the diamond financing of quality camps where support sectors have opened up next to sectors that we need to fight on immediately. I am absolutely stumped on what to tell these Captain's regarding the 120 diamond cost to quickly mature the camps for the players so their attrition doesn't rise too quickly.

I have spent easily over a 1,000 diamonds just today doing just that! How do I tell them that they have to spend whatever it costs in diamonds, to take one for the Guild EVERYDAY for the entire season?? We lost, a good fighter this week because of no camps on many of the sectors that he was fighting next to.

This has now become a serious problem for us and I am sure for many other guilds that are not in the top 10. We can not afford these exorbitant diamond costs in order to play GBG everyday!

As with everything in this game, you get to decide how you want to play. In an active GbG guild, with a large membership, it should not be too onerous to build camps and to Diamond them for fast use.

On my world where the guild I am in is heavily into GbG, the only real time there is a need for diamonds is in the opening rush on Thursday morning. And there are enough players on at that time so that no-one has to spend too many. And of course, once the camps are built, we have 10 days of fighting to recoup them. I am always a net plus for gem from GbG.

Xenosaur

@Vesta J.C.

The price of poker has gone, and will still be ... going up.

Here's a history lesson:

We fed at the GbG trough of plenty for years, cheap rush costs, optimized economic "game theory" playing to benefit hundreds of players each 10 days.

Many got fabulously "game wealthy" from it - kinda like "shop till ya drop" game consumerism. Enough to create an ARC "rush to 180" mentality because so much FP flowed each season.

3rd time's a charm, I guess. After 2 tries, (initial in 2019 (volcano map), and then rework II with waterfall map, we have... tada!! - version 3. It has a substantial refocus/redesign for a different game paradigm in the same skin - yet again.

Make no bones about it, this one IS different.

There are still competing views in GbG fanbase and subcultures, and nothing built will ever satiate all parties. The forum discussion continues unabated in some of the LONGEST Forum TOPICs FoE has.

Even through the haze of hundreds of page, this clearly illuminates the pounding perspective from opposite sides of the enjoyment spectrum. Many want an experience that blends cooperative goals with rewards. Many want hard-core fighting and to be king of the hill.

You have to find a way for BOTH to get what you want from the SAME venue. GbG III.

In the meantime, back at the ranch - Inno wants compensation for 9 - 12 months of re-design and implementation.

If you want to play the kind of hill rush game you're talking about, then you probably need a strategy for that, which costs extra. You need time accelerated. That costs money. It's on you for that, for THAT strategy.

Inno decided that the rush game will cost more - It's built into the new DNA for GbG and why should that be any different? It isn't. Pay for acceleration comes as a design features in the DNA of Foe itself. GbG is still a child of the parent - DNA gets passed down.

No one has yet offered the guild position that "to be in this guild, you're accountable for 200 diamonds of rush money every season". HAHA - that's hilarious and not enforceable.

It won't ever get there - or will it? I wouldn't put it past someone to try that...

Yet some people in some guilds will always be in "quasi-leech" mode, not being top contributors pr even diamond spenders, but certainly there at the feeding trough when the TOWER of CHAMPIONS fragments get delivered.

Some will always be team oriented, and selfless to boot - until they look at their monthly VISA bill and wonder what the hell their doing buy virtual diamonds to fund a virtual war.

Just keep calling it: Disposable Income or... your addiction - or both

Last edited: