• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What’s your strat for the Summer Event?

• Thread starter DeletedUser29623
  • Start date

DeletedUser29623

Curious to know what prizes people are going for and how they’re planning to get them. No need to post if you just want to grouse about how this is the worst event ever and just a big money grab so no thanks, Inno, you’ll be sitting this one out. We’ve all heard it before

DeletedUser35712

So what wheel prizes I'm looking for in my US main are these:
  • Sunken Treasure (Goods and FP production)
  • 1 of Any selection kit (for building another ship
  • Royal Selection kits (25 stored FP)
  • Shrines of Knowledge (FP production)
  • Maybe fishing huts?, but Oasises would be much better
I don't need any happiness buildings because I got an Alcatraz.

Now for my Finnish main, I would love any of the prizes above, but I probably want a lot of Rogue hideouts because the world is extremely new, so instead of having tons of unattached rogues from an Alcatraz, I need tons of rogue hideouts. Nobody on that world is in PE, so tough luck for me to get an Alcatraz, so many rogue hideouts are the way to go.

If one does all of the quests, they will, guaranteed, have enough doubloons to get the 6 ship upgrades for one specialized ship. However, if one wants to get 12 ship upgrades for two specialized ships, then you need to get on average 1.911 map pieces per doubloon. My Finnish main already got some terrible luck with map pieces with I think ~1.4 map pieces per doubloon, but my US main got ~1.83 map pieces per doubloon, so I don't really know if I could get 12 ship upgrades.

On my Finnish main, I was forced to go into IA to fulfill many of the summer quests, but I kept my blacksmiths so I could cram as many productions to fulfill the questline quickly. Unfortunately, I was a big idiot because I forgot to start a 24-hour production yesterday and aided everyone that day, which would screw me over and delay my progress on the questline. (You'll need 100 people to aid, and 1 24-hour production to fulfill the main questline, just a heads up).

DeletedUser31498

Oh ok. but currently my wheel is all trash. there is a rotating list of stuff that should replace them at some point? Was worried there would never be anything good, like currently.

DeletedUser35712

Oh ok. but currently my wheel is all trash. there is a rotating list of stuff that should replace them at some point? Was worried there would never be anything good, like currently.
Then refresh the wheel. If everything is garbage, refresh the wheel.

DeletedUser30312

I don't have one. I'm not sure if there are any Gold or Silver prizes I really want to chase unlike last year where I chased the set pieces after getting the Champ Retreat I'd been pursuing all year. The Sunken Treasure looks like a very good prize, but unfortunately, it's a multiproducer and I avoid those. I think I'll just try to grab the wheel spaces that have as many map pieces as possible to get the ship upgrades.

DeletedUser35475

Are all the spaces supposed to become available after you refresh? I refreshed the wheel but some items still showed up as having been won. Did someone beat me to it?

DeletedUser30312

Then refresh the wheel. If everything is garbage, refresh the wheel.
Main problem there is that you get a blind spin on a wheel where none of the green spots have been taken - and who knows what trash you'll get then.

DeletedUser32824

My strategy is thus: Only spin if there is an SOK or sunken treasure available as the prize and only do so if I have at least 10 doubloons and only do so if there are like half the prizes left. I'm super unlucky and my first gold prize cost me 15 doubloons. These other fools in my hood have been winning the gold prize in like less than 3 rolls each time it seems, and someone won it on the refresh roll :(

I wanted another upgraded ship, but I feel like that would cost me like 100 more doubloons, and I aint got money for that! Wish you could get lucky and win them as a spin prize. I think I like events like the foe bowl and soccer event where you can get lucky and win like 15 daily specials. For this event there is a very mathematical relationship between diamonds spent and upgrades won.

RazorbackPirate

Main problem there is that you get a blind spin on a wheel where none of the green spots have been taken - and who knows what trash you'll get then.
I take it you don't do GE or the Daily challenge given all the trash those chests offer as well.

Seriously though, knowing there has to be a balance between high end/high value prizes and low end/low value prizes the low end prizes are no different than what the Players gave out in the Soccer Event.

Characterizing the lowest tier prizes as trash seems a bit over the top, but like the Soccer Event, I am disappointed that the low end prizes are no better than what you get from GE Level 1. Take the regular units for example, would it kill Inno to give 2 or 3 of them instead of just 1? Or better yet, Rogues or Champs instead of regular?

I realize they can't all be SoKs or Rogue Hideouts, but is it really too much to expect that the prizes for an Event be a little bit better than what we get every week from GE level 1?

DeletedUser35712

It’s marginally better to get a rare chance of something good than knowing that you’re 100% going to get trash.

wolfhoundtoo

It’s marginally better to get a rare chance of something good than knowing that you’re 100% going to get trash.

The event just started and there's plenty of time yet. My advice is save up and check the wheel regular. Spin only when you like your chances at winning something you want. Refreshing is a good way to use up all of your spins and not get much. At some point you may need to refresh the wheel but day #1 isn't it.

DeletedUser10720

In my primary city, I'm aiming to get a minimum of 3 full ships, with the chance at a 4th. I'm going to be going for the sunken treasures as often as possible as well as anything useful with 2 map pieces. Refreshing as little as possible.
----
In my farm towns I'm strictly spinning for wells. When I hit a stall point I know i won't be returning for several hours, and have completed 3+ quests since my previous spin. I'll refresh once to see if I'm lucky and a well appears. Otherwise I'll only check periodically and only spin when one is available.
---
I have a city in Z world, where I aim to get one of each special building possible. Right now it is in the very beginning phases, and BA so it's not going to get everything and may not be able to finish the event. But I'm hoping to get a full ship, and some special buildings I don't currently own.

DeletedUser35712

The event just started and there's plenty of time yet. My advice is save up and check the wheel regular. Spin only when you like your chances at winning something you want. Refreshing is a good way to use up all of your spins and not get much. At some point you may need to refresh the wheel but day #1 isn't it.
Probably should start doing that. I already wasted 6 doubloons, so I shot myself in the foot already.

Last edited by a moderator: