• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What are you going to do when GbG adds the City Defense as the fighting boost in a third island type?

Ebeondi Asi

So it is pretty clear that eventually Inno will be adding a third type of Island besides Volcano and Waterfall to GbG seasons. The third type is strongly rumored to use City type fight boost.
Some player still refuse to work on adding City boost.. Some players are working hard to add city boost.
I am curious to hear reactions to this news?
I would think plenty of Chaos and Guild-wide craziness will ensue in general. But some Guilds may be ready?

For myself I'm fully ready for it. With 3.9K to 4.2K of all types of boost. So one might think I ask so I can gloat. :p

Ironrooster

Well my boosts aren't as high as yours, but I could still do it.

If a third island is added, I hope the building is better, the 2 we have are not worth building any more.

I'd also like to see a different mechanism for the contest, frankly GBG is a pretty tedious click fest

jaymoney23456

The point where city defense is used in GbG sounds like a good point to really consider whether its worth bothering with GbG anymore. Honestly GbG is a hassle these days and more and more players are growing increasingly petty about not just winning at all costs but about every little vp lol
Combine that with diminished rewards from GbG and you really have to wonder if its worth it anymore!

jaymoney23456

So it is pretty clear that eventually Inno will be adding a third type of Island besides Volcano and Waterfall to GbG seasons. The third type is strongly rumored to use City type fight boost.
Some player still refuse to work on adding City boost.. Some players are working hard to add city boost.
I am curious to hear reactions to this news?
I would think plenty of Chaos and Guild-wide craziness will ensue in general. But some Guilds may be ready?

For myself I'm fully ready for it. With 3.9K to 4.2K of all types of boost. So one might think I ask so I can gloat. :p
One might also ask if anyone cares about your city D or whether you want to gloat lol

Pericles the Lion

The point where city defense is used in GbG sounds like a good point to really consider whether its worth bothering with GbG anymore. Honestly GbG is a hassle these days and more and more players are growing increasingly petty about not just winning at all costs but about every little vp lol
Combine that with diminished rewards from GbG and you really have to wonder if its worth it anymore!
Prepare yourself for considering whether, or not, GBG is worth it. More and more buildings are being released that provide blue boosts. I don't think that INNO is doing this to boost participation in GE level 5. I think that @*ebe* is right, something new is in the works for GBG and that something will probably revolve around blue boosts.

Johnny B. Goode

So instead of coming up with anything actually new, or maybe fix the problems with existing features, Inno is deciding to try to make everyone reverse the decade long military model. Not by actually coming up with an interesting twist, but by the ridiculous idea of attacking with defense boosts. No creativity involved (which unfortunately is in line with Inno's record since about 2015.)

Well, I can tell you what I'll do. I'll ignore GBG altogether instead of just mostly. Kind of like I ignore GE5 totally since that crapfest came out.

Ebeondi Asi

I like GE 5. it is fun. At first i also did not want to do it. The writing was on the wall though, "change or die". So instead of refusing to change my City, I went all out right from the beginning. with the plan to fight through GE 5** and really glad I did.

** negotiating was never a realistic option IMO. (and with Titan being like it is, that too was a lucky decision!)

Pericles the Lion

So instead of coming up with anything actually new, or maybe fix the problems with existing features, Inno is deciding to try to make everyone reverse the decade long military model. Not by actually coming up with an interesting twist, but by the ridiculous idea of attacking with defense boosts. No creativity involved (which unfortunately is in line with Inno's record since about 2015.)

Well, I can tell you what I'll do. I'll ignore GBG altogether instead of just mostly. Kind of like I ignore GE5 totally since that crapfest came out.
You've been negative on every change made to the game since the release of The Arc so I think that it's safe to assume that nobody cares what you do. It's apparent that many players embrace GE level 5 and those that do will be eager to tackle whatever's next for GBG.

Johnny B. Goode

You've been negative on every change made to the game since the release of The Arc so I think that it's safe to assume that nobody cares what you do. It's apparent that many players embrace GE level 5 and those that do will be eager to tackle whatever's next for GBG.
You are so wrong it's simply amazing that you actually said that. Just because Inno hasn't released much good lately doesn't mean they didn't do some good things after 2015. They just gradually got lazy and greedy about new content. Now it's to the point where it's surprising if anything they do actually improves the game.

jaymoney23456

Yes, attacking with defense boosts makes no sense whatsoever-whoever thought that up should be replaced by someone who can actually have an original thought lol

jaymoney23456

Seems like many more grudingly participate in GE5 since its part of the game rather than actually embrace it. Many are already not happy with GbG changes and further changes will simply lead to more abandoning GbG or even the game or at least playing much less actively than before.

jaymoney23456

Overall, regardless of what anyone wants to think the game is mostly a city building game. Anyone can huff and puff about it being a fighting game but all that is done is point and click -its the least imaginative and interactive fighting mechanism of probably any game I have ever seen. Inno's desire to milk the max from the players by continually introducing content that is blatantly designed to achieve only 1 purpose (make $$$$$$$) is losing them more players than it will possibly gain-this is the main and pretty much only point to changes to GE GBG etc.

P C C

Yes, attacking with defense boosts makes no sense whatsoever-whoever thought that up should be replaced by someone who can actually have an original thought lol
I could probably make up a rationale for it that would make more sense than for other aspects of the game that we accept because we like them, e.g., late era GBs working in early era cities.

My reaction to GE5 was like *ebe* above. Week one in SAJM I couldn't even fight the first encounter and I negotiated all 16. That didn't feel sustainable so I started rapidly improving my blue stats. I took out some buildings with red boosts but didn't really notice the loss, and within a week fighting GE5 was much better and now I fight completely through GE5 in SAT. So I can see being unhappy about the decreased diamonds in GE but for me adapting my city to GE5 without hurting it much for anything else was fun

Wwwoodchuck

Overall, regardless of what anyone wants to think the game is mostly a city building game. Anyone can huff and puff about it being a fighting game but all that is done is point and click -its the least imaginative and interactive fighting mechanism of probably any game I have ever seen. Inno's desire to milk the max from the players by continually introducing content that is blatantly designed to achieve only 1 purpose (make $$$$$$$) is losing them more players than it will possibly gain-this is the main and pretty much only point to changes to GE GBG etc.
Now that the topic has been brought up, I would agree with this statement. I too was informed FoE was a “Battle game” when I started. I could not understand why the battlefield was still an octagonal based movement. It looks very rudimentary for something that has been around for over 10 years, has a large following and is supposed to be based on that aspect of the game. More like the animations I would expect from Atari or something. The units, their attacks and the way stats were calculated also confused me as again, it seems very elementary to be such a major part of the game. Although I am not a big gamer, so went with the flow as I did not know better at the time.

It would seem that the game has morphed away from being ‘battle based’ as there have been no new advancements in that aspect of the gameplay. I started two months or so after GbG was introduced, so had no idea what the “battlefield” was like before. But no improvements to that part of gameplay have been introduced. All that has been done is to change the way ‘battle stats’ were calculated to facilitate adding new stats to the game. Players only really used Red before, now Blue is important and looks like Inno is adding another ‘color’ that players will have to build to be able to battle. But no upgrade to the actual battle mechanics, movement or animations. I do not mean like a 3D blood splattering up on the screen or anything like that. But a more fluid movement to the units or a bit more of an advanced interface kind of thing.

Pericles the Lion

Now that the topic has been brought up, I would agree with this statement. I too was informed FoE was a “Battle game” when I started. I could not understand why the battlefield was still an octagonal based movement. It looks very rudimentary for something that has been around for over 10 years, has a large following and is supposed to be based on that aspect of the game. More like the animations I would expect from Atari or something. The units, their attacks and the way stats were calculated also confused me as again, it seems very elementary to be such a major part of the game. Although I am not a big gamer, so went with the flow as I did not know better at the time.

It would seem that the game has morphed away from being ‘battle based’ as there have been no new advancements in that aspect of the gameplay. I started two months or so after GbG was introduced, so had no idea what the “battlefield” was like before. But no improvements to that part of gameplay have been introduced. All that has been done is to change the way ‘battle stats’ were calculated to facilitate adding new stats to the game. Players only really used Red before, now Blue is important and looks like Inno is adding another ‘color’ that players will have to build to be able to battle. But no upgrade to the actual battle mechanics, movement or animations. I do not mean like a 3D blood splattering up on the screen or anything like that. But a more fluid movement to the units or a bit more of an advanced interface kind of thing.
I don't know how you were informed you that FoE was a "Battle game" but, as you learned, it is hardly that. It is advertised as a city-building strategy game. If you do a Google search on the top "War games", "Battle games", etc., FoE doesn't appear in the top 50, if at all. If you really want a more interactive battle-based experience I think you came to the wrong place.

Xenosaur

Prepare yourself for considering whether, or not, GBG is worth it. More and more buildings are being released that provide blue boosts. I don't think that INNO is doing this to boost participation in GE level 5. I think that @*ebe* is right, something new is in the works for GBG and that something will probably revolve around blue boosts.

Well, exactly, @Pericles the Lion & @*ebe* - spot on.

Specialized icons are now starting to appear; witness the Winter 2023 event building, specifically the Majestic (GOLD LEVEL) Winter Wonderland building. You can look at it "theoretically" via the event announcement to see it here in live - but I have it very visible in my beta Majestic Pyramid actual building. I get a "little more blue help" when I play GE... specifically.
  • +26% to +29% Attack for Attacking Army
  • +5% to +8% Attack for Attacking Army in Guild Battlegrounds
  • +29% to +32% Attack for Defending Army
  • +9% to +12% Attack for Defending Army in Guild Expeditions
Again showing "venue specialization" for augmented value, it's also showing more red just for GbG too, on top of the "general red stuff", it gives.

SO - we get:
1) general purpose, all venue RED and blue attack
2) specific purpose RED and blue attack, which currently extends, in blue's case, right now to ONLY GE.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots that 1 more (maybe more than 1...) tiny step(s) of intersection is on the horizon - special blue attack for GbG as well, and possibly even GUILD RAIDS.

Last edited:

CENTAUR of SD

The thoughts of city defense army's being utilized more in the game - I am sure Inno has more in mine in terms of battles behind the release of the Titan GBs that have a ton of city defenses. I believe adding another dimenision to FoE is a good thing.
As for players building attack army's only well time will tell if they remain as is or .....
So if this does occur then playing the game proovides 3 ways of play: good, offensive armys and defensive armys. If players r offensive minded only and not going to add another tool in their city they could be sitting out some seasons.

jaymoney23456

Well, exactly, @Pericles the Lion & @*ebe* - spot on.

Specialized icons are now starting to appear; witness the Winter 2023 event building, specifically the Majestic (GOLD LEVEL) Winter Wonderland building. You can look at it "theoretically" via the event announcement to see it here in live - but I have it very visible in my beta Majestic Pyramid actual building. I get a "little more blue help" when I play GE... specifically.
  • +26% to +29% Attack for Attacking Army
  • +5% to +8% Attack for Attacking Army in Guild Battlegrounds
  • +29% to +32% Attack for Defending Army
  • +9% to +12% Attack for Defending Army in Guild Expeditions
Again showing "venue specialization" for augmented value, it's also showing more red just for GbG too, on top of the "general red stuff", it gives.

SO - we get:
1) general purpose, all venue RED and blue attack
2) specific purpose RED and blue attack, which currently extends, in blue's case, right now to ONLY GE.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots that 1 more (maybe more than 1...) tiny step(s) of intersection is on the horizon - special blue attack for GbG as well, and possibly even GUILD RAIDS.
the idea of different boosts for different aspects of the game is also stupid-nothing was wrong with one attack boost that applied to everything-another attempt to needlessly add complexity to the game for no reason whatsoever