• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What decorations, if any, do you keep?

DeletedUser29623

Yeah, yeah, we all know you should get rid of decorations because they burn up your aid, but do you keep any around in spite of that? I don’t have a problem with mo/po right now, and I’m surprised to find that I don’t want to delete the ridiculous Zanni mask statue that I won in the Carnival event. It’s hideous, but I kind of like putting it at the end of a road so that it’s staring off into the wilderness like an Easter Island monument crossed with a clown nightmare. I also keep a sphinx because I like the way it looks.

DeletedUser31206

I keep the one that give coins, supplies, forge points, medals, and attack/defense boost that I get as rewards, but all the others I only use for quest and then get rid of them.

DeletedUser31592

I don't think I've ever been attached to a decoration. I keep them only until I find one that is more efficient.
The only thing I always keep around- and it isn't technically a decoration- is the award from the old ranking system. That little 1x1 square is worth a ton of ranking points- plus a bit of happiness. So it stays.

DeletedUser31592

A three year old Iron Age Victory Pillar.

I take great comfort in believing that somebody sometime in the midst of Aiding my CE city got a Colosseum BP and had a serious WTF? moment.

I hate the need for blacksmiths. My DT gives me too many BA goods :mad:

DeletedUser31206

That's true, but I think the issue JCera was referencing was quality not quantity. Since DT is based on aiding and aiding is random, if you click aid on a OF player who has blacksmiths you could end up with BA goods instead of OF goods. That's a letdown
Unfortunately very true.

DeletedUser31592

That's true, but I think the issue JCera was referencing was quality not quantity. Since DT is based on aiding and aiding is random, if you click aid on a OF player who has blacksmiths you could end up with BA goods instead of OF goods. That's a letdown

Correct! I'm OK with anything that can later be refined. But BA and the other early ages? Ugh! In newer cities, I wouldn't mind so much since they'd help when 'buying' goods for FPs. But in my main city? I don't need to buy goods. I'm 'only' in CE, but I can easily trade up for anything.

DeletedUser26532

In my main the ones i keep around are:
The ones part of the Palace and Elephant Fountain sets for bonuses.
The ones part of the Winter Market for bonuses.
One Face of the Ancent and Gate of the Sun god (placeholders for when i get the "build X decos" or "gain X happiness" and i just repeatedly delete and replace)
The only deliberate pure decorations I keep are the Bleachers and Grandstand for the Soccer Field set up with it and the Fan Shop because it looks cool.
And for some reason, the Jack'o Lantern Chaple. Huh. What's that still doing there?

Falconwing

I still have my Mask Statue from last years Carnival Event. The way my city is set up, I have a 1x1 space that's never going away (unless they make a 5 space 'P' shaped building). Since they replaced the Watchfires with Ritual Flames in GE before I started playing, there just really aren't a lot of 1x1 buildings around worth having. At least I like looking at the Mask. Was hoping to upgrade it to the Zanni Mask this year, but as lucky as I was in the Event, I didn't pull one of those.

Snarko

I have a nutcracker in one city because I haven't decided if I should delete it or store it :)
It will be there until my next redesign. That city is usually fully motivated by collection time, so it doesn't matter much.

*Arturis*

I would have keeping none. I don’t really need aiding, just set up 200 AF decorations so people can get bp and goods with their DT.

DeletedUser29623

I would have keeping none. I don’t really need aiding, just set up 200 AF decorations so people can get bp and goods with their DT.

That's very considerate of you, I can say as the owner of a newish DT!