• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What Does Motivating Get Someone

DeletedUser27096

Hi, firstly, I appreciate the help I have received thus far on other questions and appreciate everyone's patience and willingness to assist a noob.

That said, the search function on these forums is really subpar. I have tried searching on my (I know) stupidly basic questions and have had limited success since the search engine chooses to eliminate key words that are too common. Why are we not able to do a Boolean search so that the search filters the results for an exact phrase or at least all the words in the search request? This is a big deficiency that greatly reduces the usefulness and efficiency of these forums.

Anyway, here's another question I could not find the answer to...what exactly does motivating get you? Does it improve output of goods, coins or tools received, happiness, etc? If someone motivates my fruit farm, for example, does any job I schedule at the farm result in more of that fruit? How long does the motivation last? Is it one job cycle for the respective building?

Again, sorry for these elementary questions...if search was easier, I wouldn't need to bug everyone.

DeletedUser26154

what exactly does motivating get you?
If someone motivates one of your buildings, it increases it's production and in some cases, gives you bonus production in the form of medals, forge points, supplies, etc.

Motivate and polish is a very important part of the game. It's best if everyone does daily aid to all their friends, neighbors and guild members. Do it every day and hope you get most of the people doing it back.

I have one type of special event building named the Shrine of Knowledge. Those are very important to keep motivated every day, for the double coin output, plus a bonus forge point for each one motivated.

Use that Aid button like the beautiful gift to the world that it is. Every day. Thank you.

Algona

Keep asking. "There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people" No, wait, that's not right.

Anyway, keep asking.

Anyway, here's another question I could not find the answer to...what exactly does motivating get you?

Most importantly, Aiding others gets you Aided in return. Usually.

You also get 20 coins and a small (1% give or take) chance at a blue print of a Great Building of the Era of the building you Aid.

Aided buildings produce double coins or supplies for the current cycle or double happiness for 12 hours. As Ardak says certain special buildings produce more and different stuff when Aided. Aided buildings can't be plundered.

Note well! Goods buildings, GBs, barracks can NOT be Aided.

A couple recommendations.

Join a larger Guild and build up your friends list. You'll get more opportunities to give and receive Aid.

Reduce decorations to a minimum, if you need happiness build cultural buildings instead.

Good luck!

DeletedUser3679

I have tried searching on my (I know) stupidly basic questions and have had limited success since the search engine chooses to eliminate key words that are too common. Why are we not able to do a Boolean search so that the search filters the results for an exact phrase or at least all the words in the search request? This is a big deficiency that greatly reduces the usefulness and efficiency of these forums.

Not sure if this will help, but after you open the search box, click on the 'more' tab to see well, more options for searching.

DeletedUser27096

Not sure if this will help, but after you open the search box, click on the 'more' tab to see well, more options for searching.
Sadly, the 'More' search option took me to the Search menu I've been using to get my woefully irrelevant search results. Thanks for the suggestion, though!