• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What is a "fair" hood??

• Thread starter DeletedUser8944
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8944

We are having a discussion in the Proposal Forum about plundering and everyone talks about so called "fair" hoods I would like everyone's opinion on what a "fair" hood should be and maybe make a proposal to send to the Devs to tweak the Neighborhood merge system.

Most say its unfair because the little guy gets picked on but no one thinks about the top guys who get the low points and almost auto battling the whole and rather boring fights in the hood and no one talks about because the look at one side of it. So what is a "fair" hood, Everyone the same age? Everyone who fights? People who don't fight? Have it go by medals won? Have it go by battles won? or something different....

I think the Devs have it the way it is so the lower age people can have more people to motivate/polish for a better chance to get the higher aged BP. What does everyone think?

DeletedUser10076

The hoods are supposed to have a 3 age range. Example LMA-IND. What is happening is everyonce in a while someone say in IA would be thrust in such a hood.

DeletedUser8152

I think a 3 age range is reasonable. I would be fine with a 2 age range too. 1 age would be boring, 4+ ages I think is bad for the reasons you say.

I don't think it is a problem only for the little guy. It would suck to be the one PE city in an iron age hood.

Alternatively, I think it would be fine to have a completely mixed hood, where every hood ranged from bronze to modern with an even distribution. Everyone would have some problems, but also some advantages, and none of them would be so extreme.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stain

I am in LMA, but the top 9 neighbors in my hood are post modern. My armies are annihilated before I can get a shot off. I am being attacked and plundered every day. I am unable to accumulate enough goods to progress either technically or on the continent map. This is neither fair, nor fun. A 5 age gap is nothing more than creating fodder for the diamond players. I'm ready to quit due to the unfairness of this game. If my hood doesn't level out after the next neighborhood merge, I'm outta here.

Are any other players in a hood with a 5-age gap between neighbors? Are you having fun?

DeletedUser10266

I think it should be PE-PME together then everyone else in hoods with 3 ages. This way no one has to face tanks with bb guns and everyone has a somewhat far chance in most hoods. If top players want low bps hey can friend low age players and vice versa.

DeletedUser8712

I am in LMA, but the top 9 neighbors in my hood are post modern. My armies are annihilated before I can get a shot off. I am being attacked and plundered every day. I am unable to accumulate enough goods to progress either technically or on the continent map. This is neither fair, nor fun. A 5 age gap is nothing more than creating fodder for the diamond players. I'm ready to quit due to the unfairness of this game. If my hood doesn't level out after the next neighborhood merge, I'm outta here.

Are any other players in a hood with a 5-age gap between neighbors? Are you having fun?

I am not in the same situation but I completely understand. I was put in a new neighborhood. When they attacked me I had Rangers (with some kind of ax) and they had armored cars. Seriously. You don't stand a chance. I'm sure there are players who find this perfectly acceptable because they are the ones who like to fight someone they know they can easily defeat and they don't want that taken away from them. You have to wonder if they ever go up against some that has the same kind of weapons, I would think not. I think this part of the game should be fixed. It doesn't have to be 1 age but the range of the weapons should be looked at. It doesn't matter. They won't change anything.

DeletedUser5500

Inno, please listen. change the neighborhood system so that it is a 2 to 3 era gap. i know that won't ever be implemented, since we are still having the problem so many year(s) later, so......I guess lets post this in proposals...or support to get their attention....

DeletedUser6741

Having served in the Army for twenty years I can tell you that one of the all time great myths was how screwed up the pay system was. Yes, you'd hear a horror story about someone getting totally screwed over and it did indeed happen, but at the end of twenty years service I can honestly say I only had one pay issue. I can also say that the vast majority of the thousands of other people I served with over that time also had no glitches with the system, which makes me ask, "Is this a similar situation?" With hood merges every two weeks, I've found myself with two bad hood merges, which were corrected at the next merge and that's in eleven months of play in six different worlds. Is the system as bad as some people are making it out to be? Or is it a case of some people just screaming very loud?

DeletedUser8152

I'd say my hood has been screwed up badly (bronze agers with ME, say) about 10% of the time. But quite often there is a 4 age range (ME to CA, say), I think most of the time.

I would add that if you are right, and in fact hood problems are rare, then something like the plunder restriction being discussed would hardly ever be noticed. But it would have a big impact in the cases where it is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6741

I am not in the same situation but I completely understand. I was put in a new neighborhood. When they attacked me I had Rangers (with some kind of ax) and they had armored cars. Seriously. You don't stand a chance. I'm sure there are players who find this perfectly acceptable because they are the ones who like to fight someone they know they can easily defeat and they don't want that taken away from them. You have to wonder if they ever go up against some that has the same kind of weapons, I would think not. I think this part of the game should be fixed. It doesn't have to be 1 age but the range of the weapons should be looked at. It doesn't matter. They won't change anything.
Yes, this bullying is so out of control. I think the folks of Monaco should attack Russia, afterall they have similar weapons. And while we're at it those hearty warriors from Nauru should attack the P.R.C.
In real life nations go to war when they beleive they have a chance to win. I'm not sure why you expect someone to start attacking from the top of their hood down. That wouldn't be very productive.

DeletedUser5356

I agree with Bruic on this: Progressive to Post modern cities should not be (merged) into hoods with Industrial and below. My reason for this is the map scale changes at Progressive.
Battling on the same map is the highest ranking requirement to me, in considering a hood to be "fair".
I also agree with ncexnyc on "some" people just complaining louder than they should...someone has to be at the bottom folks.
But, there are legitimate issues that need to addressed and i think would be with a support ticket being filed. (Hopefully)
It would definitely be "unfair" if you were in a hood at the lowest age and every other city was ahead of you on the tech tree. There should always be more than just 1 city in 1 age lower than all the rest. (at the time of a merge)

DeletedUser8944

I think it should be PE-PME together then everyone else in hoods with 3 ages. This way no one has to face tanks with bb guns and everyone has a somewhat far chance in most hoods. If top players want low bps hey can friend low age players and vice versa.

I kind of like this one, since when you fight with PE unit you fight on the 1.5 map and anyone CA and below will move maybe one time and they are slaughtered at least with InD aged unit you may take out one or two of there units, ao yes PE and above need there own hood

Yes, this bullying is so out of control. I think the folks of Monaco should attack Russia, afterall they have similar weapons. And while we're at it those hearty warriors from Nauru should attack the P.R.C.
In real life nations go to war when they beleive they have a chance to win. I'm not sure why you expect someone to start attacking from the top of their hood down. That wouldn't be very productive.

Now this is the truth, I'm not going use all my units by starting at the top i would not make half way through but when you start at the bottom you slowly work your way up. Most of the time I can make it to the top 30 and sometimes make it to the 10. Then sometimes I just attack the top 10

DeletedUser

I know all the people that battle want to be able to keep battling and plundering. Ok - but really, for the last 4 hood mergers I am still stuck with the same bully, give me FP's or I will take you stuff". He has over 300,000 MORE points than I do and we are in the same age. I cannot compete. Ok, I realize that part of it is because I don't really want to. Since the real issue here seems to be between those who say "I want to battle & plunder" and those who say "I don't, leave me alone" why not just have an opt out? Why can't we just be left alone and opt out of the battle system? I am into the making & trading and am happy to support my guild with supplies for the GvG but I feel the whole military aspect is just a big drain of resources, the limited expansion space, and people. While what is plundered is no big deal ( I have thousands of what is being taken) it is the principle here. Why can't we choose to not participate and have that choice respected? Otherwise I will just eventually leave the game as there are companies out there that listen more to their customer base. Why can't I just be Switzerland?

DeletedUser8796

^^^ Points don't change anything he could have 300k points less than you and still plunder you. Its all about how you design and use your city.

DeletedUser

If I can weigh in on this, I don't agree with an alliance of the top people in the neighborhood banding together and each of them attacking all of the smallest players everyday so they are not able to progress and the leader that is 11 to 12k more points send a message to you saying join our alliance or get stronger or you will be attacked and plundered daily... The leader also says that even if you join them you have to be very active or you will be kicked and plundered again daily... This is not fun and makes it impossible to progress at all. The only recourse the smaller players have is to quit that world and hope they don't run into this in the other worlds. I am in 4 worlds and the new one is the only one that I am getting the attacks and the trash talking. I get attacked in other worlds, but without the trash talking. Is there a way to block the users that are doing the trash talking?

DeletedUser8152

Yes, you can block players. If you look up the user on the global list (the green laurels at the top left), search for their name, click on them, and select 'Ignore.'

DeletedUser

^^^ Points don't change anything he could have 300k points less than you and still plunder you. Its all about how you design and use your city.
Actually no - it is about finding the constant attacking, plundering, and bullying annoying enough to make me think of quitting, and you all know I am not alone. We need A) an opt out or B) a limit to how often you can attack any one player or C) some other way to let both sides play the game their way.

DeletedUser8796

Attacking, trading,... plundering..... that's what the game is for! Its not there to annoy you its not cheating or bullying its been a main part of the game for as long as i have been here. As for unfair hoods the one i got in made me plunder; I was around 20k points (EMA) and a non PVP person (had around 18 goods buildings) and they dropped a 200k + CA person on top of the hood. Unfair, yes annoying, yes and in that case i got mean and played the game to its fullest in PVP its not easy in the beginning but it works. So i say get tough and adjust or just stand there and get pummeled by the other players its all on you to decide, don't go complaining about others using the whole system when you fail to recognize its importance ( I did that too).

Ok and for your options A) >>>>>collecting on time= no plundering <<<<<< ,B) it is limited already to 1 time per 24 hrs which in my opinion is perfect, C) Just leave it alone as it is.

DeletedUser8944

Well They are not going to make any changes to plundering anytime soon. They have made that very clear in the proposal section as it is on the "do not suggest list". What we can suggest is these things everyone say which is so called "fair" hoods. So what I was going for with this question was to figure out some thing to propose to everyone that would maybe get set to the Devs to change the hood merge system that's make everyone some what happy but as we know not everyone will be happy they will find something to complain about but lets get this clear plundering is part of the game and that will not change, if you get attacked there are ways to not get plundered, as Shady and me say to everyone who complains about so lets stop beating the poor dead flattened horse and talk about a way to change the hood merge system, please.

DeletedUser

Shady Merchant;47097 So i say get tough and adjust or just stand there and get pummeled by the other players its all on you to decide said:
Sigh - typical testosterone response. Importance? Seriously, it's a game, stop beating your chest. Your response is sooo adolescent male. :rolleyes:

Collection on time can be compromised as soon as the other player figures out when you wake up in the morning and gets there 5 minutes before your alarm rings off. Seriously, the defender can only do so much. And when the attacker has SEVERAL DOZEN watch towers that they paid for in diamonds (per their posts on the forum) they have paid money to make sure nobody can do it to them. Sorry - this is a game and not worth the angst. I said it was annoying, not ruining my life, and I am not a marine so I don't have to "toughen up". So I will just continue to putter until I decide it isn't worth it anymore. doesn't matter - this game is a phase that will fade out over time anyway. Why should I have any loyalty to it if it annoys me?

Status
Not open for further replies.