• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is a premium building?

Goth Almighty

Hi there.

OK, so I did a quick search on the web and I couldn't find a single reference to premium buildings. That's not a problem but I'd like to know what's so special about premium buildings. Sure they make people happy, they look really good and are required to complete some quests, especially early on. But what they produce is not a necessity in my book (oh, and did I fail to mention that Palaces produce nothing?). What is more of a necessity on a daily basis are residential and production buildings. So I don't understand when you want to sell a premium building to make room for a more productive one you get a warning to the effect that it's a holy building and you will get nothing back plus you will lose a ton of happiness. But if you're already bursting with happiness wouldn't its sale be just another renovation?

DeletedUser4441

Premium buildings are those that cost Diamonds to purchase. Unless you win them.

ODragon

The production/happiness/supplies they produce is also much higher per space than the ones you can research.

IE, in CA, Efficiency (per square and hour)
52.22 Sailmaker
56.25 Tobacco Plantation
53.33 Clockmaker
103.3 Perfume Distillery (Premium)

Goth Almighty

You make some good points and that's what I don't understand: what exactly do they produce? AFIK it''s is all about boosts, innit? I never see any tangible results (i.e. more coins, produce or happiness) when I collect. So what good are boosts?

DeletedUser26154

premium buildings.

In a nutshell, a "Premium building" is one you can not build on your own.
They must be won, found or bought.
They are usually better buildings, compared to the ones available in your building menu, for only coins and/or supplies.
If you pay Diamonds, it's a Premium for sure.

download.jpg

I highly recommend Premium Supply and Cultural Buildings, because they last you for 3 eras.

DeletedUser26154

what exactly do they produce

It depends on the building.
The good Premium military buildings are the Rogue Hideouts and Champions Retreats.
Outside of random winnings, those buildings are the only way to get those coveted special military units.
Having a Rogue Hideout and/or Champions Retreat, with the Great Building Alcatraz, allows you to mass-produce those units.

Premium Supply buildings produce about twice as much Supplies as non-premium supply buildings of the same era and floor space.
Premium Cultural provide around double the Happiness as a non-premium cultural building of the same era and floor space.
They cost money, or are available as rare prizes, because of their greatly-increased output.
If a building of this nature produces Forge Points, it's usually also considered Premium.

Prize buildings featured in Events are Premiums.
Shrines of Knowledge, Tribal Squares, Watch Fires, Bazaars, etc, are considered Premium.
I have 11 Premium Supply buildings; 4 are Ocean Future, 7 are Arctic Future.
I don't recommend ever using "Diamond Premium Roads" because those are a waste.

If you do not count the Great Buildings, Roads, A.I. Factory, 2 Hover tank factories and my Cherry Blossom Trees decorations...

10 3 2017.jpg

My city is made entirely of Premium Buildings and Sets.

ODragon

You make some good points and that's what I don't understand: what exactly do they produce? AFIK it''s is all about boosts, innit? I never see any tangible results (i.e. more coins, produce or happiness) when I collect. So what good are boosts?
You're just looking wrong then. It is there. A premium residential/decoration/supply/cultural building produce more than normal buildings of the same age.

Last edited:

Goth Almighty

I don't see any premium buildings in my Production Menu and I never see that hammer icon when I collect from the premium buildings in my inventory. I do see shit like a die followed by "+? in 1 d" in the description box (the Wishing Well) or what looks like a shield followed by "+ 20%".(the Monastery), WTF? However, I should add that I do know what a medallion followed by "Every 7 d" means (the Military buildings).

Lucifer1904

Capture.png
The golden one is premium. it is found in every Era from BE (Bronze Age) - OF (Oceanic Future)
It is available in Residential, Production, Cultural, Decoration buildings.

Volodya

In a nutshell, a "Premium building" is one you can not build on your own.
They must be won, found or bought.
They are usually better buildings, compared to the ones available in your building menu, for only coins and/or supplies.
If you pay Diamonds, it's a Premium for sure.

View attachment 7735

I highly recommend Premium Supply and Cultural Buildings, because they last you for 3 eras.

In early ages premium houses are great too.

DeletedUser29623

I don't see any premium buildings in my Production Menu and I never see that hammer icon when I collect from the premium buildings in my inventory. I do see shit like a die followed by "+? in 1 d" in the description box (the Wishing Well) or what looks like a shield followed by "+ 20%".(the Monastery), WTF? However, I should add that I do know what a medallion followed by "Every 7 d" means (the Military buildings).

Premium buildings may not be available in your build menu because you don’t have enough diamonds to buy them. Wishing Wells give one of a selection of items, chosen randomly, each day. Wishing Wells aren’t premium buildings because you can’t buy them with diamonds from the build menu. You can only win them as prizes. For this reason, I wouldn’t call Rogues Hideout or Champions Retreat a premium building, either. You can also win premium buildings in, for example, the Guild Expedition, but the premiums (of your research level) are also always available for purchase if you have the diamonds.

The shield symbol indicates that the monastery increases the strength of the troops assigned to defend your city by 20%.

DeletedUser29623

Which premium buildings have you bought with diamonds? If they are residential or cultural buildings, they won’t produce supplies because they’re not supply buildings.

DeletedUser26154

Which premium buildings have you bought with diamonds?

Plenty of the Premium Productions and Premium Cultural though all my time in FoE until today.
A Premium Production and Cultural will last you 3 full Eras, then the 4th Era will be when you replace.

I bought my first 3 Premium Cultural buildings in Iron age, and kept them until HMA or LMA.
I bought my first 3 Premium Productions in EMA, then 3 more in HMA and a few more in LMA.
I also went "Joe Noob goes Nuts" and bought about 100 dollars worth of HMA Mansions.
That's when I delightfully learned the value of the Recurring Coin Quests.

Once you gain access to houses with 24 hour collection cycles, you will use those.
I don't recommend getting all Premium Houses unless you like an abundance of population and coin collections.
Premium Houses usually have 8 hour collection cycles.
It's good to get those Starter packs once a new era for a steady supply of Premiums.

341e365b7c01ffe253350ffa7f99162e.png
[Ocean future ones cost the most]

I upgrade my Premiums when the Non-Premiums of that Era are better.