• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What is "Current Champion" on PvP towers for?

DeletedUser32355

I noticed that the "Current Champion" on the PvP towers isn't always the real current champion.
upload_2018-5-16_11-35-55.png
What is it for, then?
I know it is not the top player in that age, the "current champion" is #9 in this hood, and in IA. #1 is still in BA.

DeletedUser29726

The current champion is the player that won the last completed tournament. You are not the current champion, you are merely leading so far in this week's tournament. If you manage to hold on to that and win, you will be listed as the current champion for the next week. (Although I'm not sure how that works with a hood shuffle, never really paid that much attention to it.)

In a hood shuffle the current champion will either be set to none occasionally or will be a previous week's champion from some hood but not necessarily yours (as you may have been the one to move hoods).

Falconwing

I've won mine many times and It doesn't always say I'm the current one.
I'm only guessing that they choose the highest scoring Tower winner since there has to be at least two hoods per Era, probably more.

RazorbackPirate

I've won mine many times and It doesn't always say I'm the current one.
I'm only guessing that they choose the highest scoring Tower winner since there has to be at least two hoods per Era, probably more.
The champion is the player who was #1 in the tower the previous week. It does not change during the current round.

Falconwing

Let me restate, I've won many Tower Tournaments and I was not always the champion shown the next tournament.

DeletedUser

The champion is the player who was #1 in the tower the previous week. It does not change during the current round.
When the hoods change, you could end up with 2 (or more) players who were PvP Champions in the same age the previous week, but in different hoods. For example: PvP Towers close on Sunday evening. Monday morning the hoods shuffle. Three players who were not in a hood together previously are now put in the same hood. All three won the Iron Age PvP Tower the week before. Who is shown as Current Champion? I have no idea. Possibly the one who scored the most battle points, but that's just a guess.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The person shown is actually the person who won in that particular neighborhood the prior week. I always win my tower, usually by a factor of 10+, but when I move neighborhoods, it doesn't show me, it shows the person who was in that neighborhood last week and won there. Sometimes that player isn't even in my new hood the following week either.

I have left a hood, and had a IRL friend that stayed in my old hood, and it shows that I won on his tower for the next week.