• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is going on?

stooge52

I have to report that I started my game this morning and had lost 134 stars in the event. I have not played the event in days and yesterday had 193 stars. Not only that a friend plays two worlds and had lost diamonds in both and the totals are the same in both worlds now. Has FOE lowered themselves enough to steal from players.

stooge52

Are you kidding!!! I just went into my worlds and the diamond counts are the same as well. Hide your wallet.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Are you kidding!!! I just went into my worlds and the diamond counts are the same as well. Hide your wallet.
Unless you are playing on two separate accounts (which is a no no) the diamond counts would always be the same on all of your worlds. If you think that you are short diamonds, you need to submit a ticket to Support. They will be able to figure out what may have happened.

stooge52

No,I have only one account and have had that for over 9 years. I don't ever remembering of have the same diamond count in all worlds. When did this take place?

Last edited:

Emberguard

No,I have only one account and have had that for over 9 years. I don't ever remembering of have the same diamond count in all worlds. When did this take place?
As far as I'm aware Diamonds have always been shared between worlds. The only intended exception would be the 100 diamonds during the Tutorial.

Xenosaur

As Inno once explained (revealed), when a bug hit the game that affected diamonds. They are of course carefully monitored, and are from their own server/service.

In fact, students of the game can accurately and repetitively guess correctly about your GbG reward earned when diamonds are won because... there is a palpable but very short "blip" (tiny pause) when the reward is revealed to you for the advancement you just made that probably comes from the extra accounting/servicing of true game currency (diamonds) vs things like coins or supplies. You can get pretty good and correct before the award message box is revealed. - with practice, of course, and over time you play GbG. :) "oh wow, I am about to be notified that I won some diamonds!"

In GE too, same paradigm. Slight pause when you win diamond rewards for encounters.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Unless you are playing on two separate accounts (which is a no no)
Not entirely true. You can have two accounts, you just can't have more than one city per world. Technically you could have a different account for each world, although that would be rather foolish.

That being said, the Diamond total has always been the same for all worlds on the same account, with the exception noted above by @Emberguard of the 100 Diamonds from the tutorial that you are forced to immediately spend on that same world.

The Lady Redneck

If you have a city on the Beta server diamonds you have there cannot be shared with your live server worlds. But on the Live server. As far as I can remember (Been playing about 10 years) Diamonds can be used in any of your worlds.. If you have cities in A, B, C and D worlds and have 5000 diamonds and you use 500 in a city in B world. your total will go down to 4500. If you buy 1000 diamonds in C world your diamond balance available would then show as 5500 across all your cities.

Mor-Rioghain

As Inno once explained (revealed), when a bug hit the game that affected diamonds. They are of course carefully monitored, and are from their own server/service.

In fact, students of the game can accurately and repetitively guess correctly about your GbG reward earned when diamonds are won because... there is a palpable but very short "blip" (tiny pause) when the reward is revealed to you for the advancement you just made that probably comes from the extra accounting/servicing of true game currency (diamonds) vs things like coins or supplies. You can get pretty good and correct before the award message box is revealed. - with practice, of course, and over time you play GbG. :) "oh wow, I am about to be notified that I won some diamonds!"

In GE too, same paradigm. Slight pause when you win diamond rewards for encounters.
I think I've seen this same paradigm (if I'm using that word correctly in this context) on the awarding of medals. There is a slight pause and then the medals are placed in the inventory. Strange, I first noticed this when working on gb leveling parties and you can see the medals' deposit just before the gb actually shows that it's leveled up. Guess that made me aware of the slight "hiccup."

(As a frequent flyer on the AA GvG map, I am not as upset about those medal rewards and am just as happy to recieve them as rewards...) ;p

Mor-Rioghain

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Maybe angry blanket needs a time out.
It can be confusing sometimes especially with the pooled diamond fund. Basic rule of thumb on issues involving your currency, contact support if you can't find what you want to know if the FAQs. I've always found them to be helpful.