• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is the best Attack Bonus VS Defense Bonus ratio?

Val Halla 1970

I have a 2725 Attack Bonus and a 1625 Defense Bonus but I still lose troops like crazy. I lose troops in the first 10 attrition levels of GBG which I don't feel I should and I still lose troops in level 2 of GE. It seems like the higher attack bonus and defense bonus I get I lose more troops. Is there a golden ration between attack and defense bonus that will limit the number of troops I will lose?

Ebeondi Asi

In general for Eras pre Space Age, the consensus is 3:2 ratio for attack : defense
Once in Space ages there is more disagreement.
Many find a 1:1 to be better in the Space Ages

Ebeondi Asi

I'm in Titan with nearly 5K attack and 5K defense for GbG and still lose troops like crazy.
Your boosts are very low for Titan level play. (Particularly your defense)

xivarmy

It depends a lot on the attrition range of interest to you.

At high attrition near your limit (which will vary depending on your overall stats), your defense might as well not exist unless it's higher than your attack. So the 2 routes to optimize for here are either Defense > Attack or Defense = Worthless, All Attack.

At low-medium attrition you will have more than enough of both - but more attack might lead to one-shots lasting longer while you're still well situated in what defense can do for you. This is where the "3:2" rule came from - optimizing for your "easy" fights. Which when people fought attrition-free all day made sense for those players.

At very low attrition you're almost certainly just facing the reality that you're capped in what boost can realistically do for you overall. Having higher stats like ebe's means "very low" lasts to a higher attrition number. But at attrition 0, you're both in the same position, you 1-shot the enemy (even without a proc), and only take 1 damage if you get hit (non-keen eye). Nothing more can be done, statwise.

matr

THE THRILL IS GONE: I moved to Titan 2 weeks ago, This is the first season of GBG for titan vs titan troops. The fighting is miserable in GBG. I haven't found a combination yet that works in Auto Battle for more than 3 or 4 fights in a row before I either lose troops or have to swap out injured ones. I thought something was broken. It is nothing like SAJM where I could do 25+ fights in a row at low attrition with 2 harpoons and 6 rogues before something got killed. I got the most attack bonus in the guild. It seems ridiculous to add more attack boost. When I use the 300% attack defense black and 300% attack black potions, there is a nominal improvement. Swapping/replacing constantly is super slow for speed fighting. (If I manually fight, I easily win, with many 1 shot kills, AO is 138. Try to get to 120 attrition manually battling (600 fights), would take hours and hours)
Inno's AI changes have taken all the fun out of fighting both on auto and manually. On auto my troops make the worse move possible at least 50% of the time, that is mostly the reason they get killed so easy. They attack the untis that just hit, they attack rogues first, the avoid artillery until everything else is killed, they charge down the field when hanging back would be better or they hang back when they need to charge, they seldom use terrain bonus and almost never pull back out of range, if they have so type of stealth bonus they only use it occasionally even when it is right next to the tile they just moved on to. It used to fun to manually battle at high attrition and see if it was possible to outsmart the enemy. Now it is no longer an army I fight but 8 suicide bombers intent on killing a single unit of my army with no regard for their own life. It is nothing like it used to be and no it is not just the age I am in. On beta I'm in progressive and the same thing happened there, I was getting to 150 attrition 3 months ago, now it is difficult to get much above 100. So sell us these beautiful new inflated attack boost buildings and then change the AI algorithm to make them less useful. Seems like a nice way to cheat me, I mean create a revenue stream. I don't think inno is done, my troops are only half stupid on auto battle. The screen shot is my base numbers without any potions (except maybe the 4% tavern one) ( I can walk thru GE Level 5 and get ticked-off if I lose 1 troop in all 16 battles but I fight manually)
1709339547922.png

Sharmon the Impaler

THE THRILL IS GONE: I moved to Titan 2 weeks ago, This is the first season of GBG for titan vs titan troops. The fighting is miserable in GBG. I haven't found a combination yet that works in Auto Battle for more than 3 or 4 fights in a row before I either lose troops or have to swap out injured ones. I thought something was broken. It is nothing like SAJM where I could do 25+ fights in a row at low attrition with 2 harpoons and 6 rogues before something got killed. I got the most attack bonus in the guild. It seems ridiculous to add more attack boost. When I use the 300% attack defense black and 300% attack black potions, there is a nominal improvement. Swapping/replacing constantly is super slow for speed fighting. (If I manually fight, I easily win, with many 1 shot kills, AO is 138. Try to get to 120 attrition manually battling (600 fights), would take hours and hours)
Inno's AI changes have taken all the fun out of fighting both on auto and manually. On auto my troops make the worse move possible at least 50% of the time, that is mostly the reason they get killed so easy. They attack the untis that just hit, they attack rogues first, the avoid artillery until everything else is killed, they charge down the field when hanging back would be better or they hang back when they need to charge, they seldom use terrain bonus and almost never pull back out of range, if they have so type of stealth bonus they only use it occasionally even when it is right next to the tile they just moved on to. It used to fun to manually battle at high attrition and see if it was possible to outsmart the enemy. Now it is no longer an army I fight but 8 suicide bombers intent on killing a single unit of my army with no regard for their own life. It is nothing like it used to be and no it is not just the age I am in. On beta I'm in progressive and the same thing happened there, I was getting to 150 attrition 3 months ago, now it is difficult to get much above 100. So sell us these beautiful new inflated attack boost buildings and then change the AI algorithm to make them less useful. Seems like a nice way to cheat me, I mean create a revenue stream. I don't think inno is done, my troops are only half stupid on auto battle. The screen shot is my base numbers without any potions (except maybe the 4% tavern one) ( I can walk thru GE Level 5 and get ticked-off if I lose 1 troop in all 16 battles but I fight manually)
View attachment 21281
Low attrition use Abyssal Gliders from SAJM , NO ROGUES upto 60% of your max . Perma drones after , paying attention to the enemy. Over clockers if no enemy permas , 8 Permas up to high attrition then 1 wave use 1 base and 7 rogues , 2 wave use combos of 3+ Permas with rogues , depending on the enemy. The worse enemy is 4 Permas with 4 Pressure Washers. My max attrition is 166 with 5108/5204

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

View attachment 21281
I don't plan on ever moving to titan since everyone that goes to titan says how much it sucks fighting there!-I would go through it if the next age is nice fighting but never to just camp in titan

Darkest.Knight

I've gotten used to SAT, I like to start GbG using Pressurizers and rogues up to about attrition 100. I switch to Permafrost Drones, no rogues, to about 140; then need to start looking at the match ups more carefully. When the match up is appropriate Overclock Artillery works great.
167 is my best SAT attrition so far.

Ebeondi Asi

I don't plan on ever moving to titan since everyone that goes to titan says how much it sucks fighting there!-I would go through it if the next age is nice fighting but never to just camp in titan
That is certainly the reason Inno made the Titan troops a tiny bit sucky. So all those who believe every thing they hear or read will avoid entering it. and lose out on the Titan GBs goods
Titan troops are no problem. LoL (but it is true they are not a good as SAJM troops at low attrition in GbG.. Oddly they are much better at higher attrition. Go figure. .. )

jaymoney23456

That is certainly the reason Inno made the Titan troops a tiny bit sucky. So all those who believe every thing they hear or read will avoid entering it. and lose out on the Titan GBs goods
Titan troops are no problem. LoL (but it is true they are not a good as SAJM troops at low attrition in GbG.. Oddly they are much better at higher attrition. Go figure. .. )
I get plenty of titan goods from guildmates and friends and have each titan gb to lv 20 or higher already. Also, you can just look at the titan troops to know they don't just suck a bit but a lot. Fast units even have less movement than previous space age flying units so less even attack in the first wave lol

Flavius Belisarius

I am confused by the four different categories for ATK/DEF Buffs.
There is an Attacker label for use against GVG (until Monday) On your Continent ? IN PVP ? NO? When Plundering? Do ALL BUFF providers count? (The list implies they do)
There is a GbG label but do only the listed "buff ups" work?
There is a GE label but do only the listed "buff ups" work? And just to clarify, does your DEF strength become your ATK strength in Level Five?
There is a City Defender label but do only the listed "buff ups" work?
Do any "Buffs" work in settlements?
Is this explained somewhere? If so, PM me and I would appreciate it.

xivarmy

I am confused by the four different categories for ATK/DEF Buffs.
There is an Attacker label for use against GVG (until Monday) On your Continent ? IN PVP ? NO? When Plundering? Do ALL BUFF providers count? (The list implies they do)
There is a GbG label but do only the listed "buff ups" work?
There is a GE label but do only the listed "buff ups" work? And just to clarify, does your DEF strength become your ATK strength in Level Five?
There is a City Defender label but do only the listed "buff ups" work?
Do any "Buffs" work in settlements?
Is this explained somewhere? If so, PM me and I would appreciate it.
Most of this is visible in your boost overview section in the townhall:

1710444126411.png

Your general boosts are added at the end of the list to the section for the venue-specific boost to demonstrate that they count.

Your general boosts work everywhere except settlements (which has no boosts) and soon QI (which will only use QI-specific boosts).

Venue-specific boosts add to that for only that specific venue.

There's an explanation when you first reach GE5 about using blue boosts to attack there instead. But that could probably use some sort of clearer visual to its oddity - the only indication after the explanation that you may well have clicked away is the button says Defend:

1710444523329.png

Perhaps they could make that sword and shield blue for clarity.

PJS299

1710444523329.png

That's actually a pretty good idea!

Flavius Belisarius

Most of this is visible in your boost overview section in the townhall:

View attachment 21343

Your general boosts are added at the end of the list to the section for the venue-specific boost to demonstrate that they count.

Your general boosts work everywhere except settlements (which has no boosts) and soon QI (which will only use QI-specific boosts).

Venue-specific boosts add to that for only that specific venue.

There's an explanation when you first reach GE5 about using blue boosts to attack there instead. But that could probably use some sort of clearer visual to its oddity - the only indication after the explanation that you may well have clicked away is the button says Defend:

View attachment 21344

Again, I'm still confused.
So each venue has the Buffs applied unique to the venue?
In my boost view it should only showe the authorized buffs for that Venue.

Attachments

• Buuf2.jpg
    Buuf2.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 6
  • BUFF1.jpg
    BUFF1.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 6

xivarmy

Again, I'm still confused.
So each venue has the Buffs applied unique to the venue?
In my boost view it should only showe the authorized buffs for that Venue.
The ones that are listed under venue-specific are additional boosts that are restricted to there. They may also have general boosts already counted which will show up as a grouped value at the end of the venue-specific list. Or other specific boosts that apply to other venues that will be in those venue lists.