• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What music are you listening to right now?

UBERhelp1

What I'm listening to right now:
Neighbors getting their roof redone and the nailguns popping.

But in reality, quarantine/COVID-19 parodies of songs.

Graviton

And the genius of the multi-talented Roy Clark shone clearly in one of his biggest hits. One that still touches my soul to this day.

I can't stand country music, primarily because that's all I heard growing up...and I mean it was really country music, not the pop music that's called "country" nowadays...but even I admired Roy's ability to play anything with strings. The guy was a virtuoso. My father met him once, at a small airport in northern Indiana when he was on his way to a concert.

Graviton

I always play this one on the Summer solstice but all the talk of summer in another thread brought it to mind. That, and we're going to hit triple digits in the Phoenix area this weekend.

Super Catanian

My favorite version is played by Zimerman, but I couldn't find a recording of him playing only the first ballade, so I went with my next favorite. The parts at 4:48 (especially after 4:55) and 7:47 are absolutely divine. I never tire of listening to those parts; I just feel something pang deep in my chest that is difficult to describe with words.

The whole piece is an absolute masterpiece; even the fiery ending with all the chromatic bits and scales get to me as well. I recommend listening to the whole piece from the beginning if you've never heard it before.